British Speedway Forum

I know we have a KOC to win yet but just putting the thread up anyway. Presuming that atm we are in the top tier and the team average is the same who would everyone like to see kept. Obviously I know things can change. 

I think the first names on the team sheet have to be Jack Holder and Bradders. Jack has been the signing of the season and Bradley can get vital points. 

Maybe riders would be Doyle, although travel and his high average are question marks. Allen who for me it's his time to move on and progress as a rider. Finally Covatti who is a cracking reserve to have although his top end form was little to be admired. 

Riders I would personally let go would be Summers who just isn't strong enough for his average and sadly Lawson who for me is too inconsistent for a third heat leader. 

Edited by SomersetBlue

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Holder is not your asset!!!

He never said that he was?

It makes no difference anyway, riders will usually end up riding where they want to. 

• Like 4

If jack wants to ride for somerset he will assets not worth the paper there written on :t:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

I thought Poole didn’t want Jack because of some disciplinary issue. 

They didn't, but he seems to of got his act together, and has improved a lot with more to come. Every team ( I was going to say Poole) likes riders on the up, and maybe Ford wont be the gaffer in 2019. Who knows.

17 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

I know we have a KOC to win yet but just putting the thread up anyway. Presuming that atm we are in the top tier and the team average is the same who would everyone like to see kept. Obviously I know things can change. 

I think the first names on the team sheet have to be Jack Holder and Bradders. Jack has been the signing of the season and Bradley can get vital points. 

Maybe riders would be Doyle, although travel and his high average are question marks. Allen who for me it's his time to move on and progress as a rider. Finally Covatti who is a cracking reserve to have although his top end form was little to be admired. 

Riders I would personally let go would be Summers who just isn't strong enough for his average and sadly Lawson who for me is too inconsistent for a third heat leader. 

Somerset Like Belle Vue will have riders wanting to ride for them in 2019 because they are both superb race tracks, both well run & riders get paid! Gary May has shown he has an eye for spotting potential............. will crowd favorite Charles Wright feature in Gary's plans?      

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

I never said that he was our asset. 

No you didn't but the point is if Poole want to use him in 2019 as their asset then he won't be able to sign a contract elsewhere!!

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No you didn't but the point is if Poole want to use him in 2019 as their asset then he won't be able to sign a contract elsewhere!!

Bullrubbish and you know it!

just like 2005(?) when Poole refused to let Newport sign Craig Watson unless Newport bought his contract, remind me what happened there?

if Jack Holder wants to ride at Somerset in 2019 there is absolutely nothing Poole can do

Didn't Ford tell Somerset that he wouldn't loan them Noddy for this season, but they can buy him for £20k?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Didn't Ford tell Somerset that he wouldn't loan them Noddy for this season, but they can buy him for £20k?

Ford can tell any club anything but unless the rider has signed a contract of exclusivity with Poole the rider will decide where he will ride, he is self employed.

22 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Bullrubbish and you know it!

just like 2005(?) when Poole refused to let Newport sign Craig Watson unless Newport bought his contract, remind me what happened there?

if Jack Holder wants to ride at Somerset in 2019 there is absolutely nothing Poole can do

Jack Holder was the reason why there was no team spirit in '17, so no thanks! Somerset can keep him. 

• Like 2

I don't think many - if any - riders have the luxury of deciding where they want to ride these days. Most are probably just glad to get a team place wherever they can be fitted in, what with points limits, average restrictions etc.

Even the World Champion was surplus to requirements this year, and while he was seemingly happy to move to Somerset, if they hadn't decided to come in for him then he would not have been there.

Doyle,Holder, BWD, Allen, Covatti plus 2 others who fit depending on the league structure/points limit.

I think we need another heat leader to replace Lawson, he’s been a good servant to the club but I think both parties would benefit from a change.