British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They obviously do otherwise Chris would have been in Somerset's line up not Poole's! 

He wasn’t in anybody’s line up! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

He wasn’t in anybody’s line up! :rolleyes:

He was named in Poole's and at p+p which was the point I was making. Get with it! :)

Hang on this thread is heading Poole way!!

After attending tonight's meeting I think the management are in no doubt that the fans want Wrighty back. Gazza said he will do everything he can to get and I think Charles is pretty open to that idea. He said we will talk! I can safely say the events of earlier in the season have been forgotten and both have moved on (and it seemed pretty genuine too, not just a show for the fans!). With Wrighty on approx 1.5 pts less average wise (i think) than last season he must be a steal on that for the Rebels.

As Debbie said they have no idea what the structure will be in 2019 but when asked do the fans want Wrighty back the cheer was rather large!

Somerset secured Doyle thanks to a sponsorship deal that made it possible. Will that still be the case next year and if not will they want to break the bank to get him. He is without doubt a great rider in a small pool and the reason they made the play offs but the books have to be looked at first to see if they can afford him again. 

Jack Holder has been a big success this year and really moved up and if they can get both back they have plenty of riders on low averages to fill up the five other places. 

Is is there going to be set race nights, Is there going to be as much doubling up, will race nights clash with leagues here or elsewhere. Lot to be seen what comes out in the next month or so but glad Somerset had a good season after the bold move to come up. 

• Like 1

Hope they can secure some sponsorship from companies to put them some lighting and terracing in on the back straight. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Somerset secured Doyle thanks to a sponsorship deal that made it possible. Will that still be the case next year and if not will they want to break the bank to get him. He is without doubt a great rider in a small pool and the reason they made the play offs but the books have to be looked at first to see if they can afford him again. 

Jack Holder has been a big success this year and really moved up and if they can get both back they have plenty of riders on low averages to fill up the five other places. 

Is is there going to be set race nights, Is there going to be as much doubling up, will race nights clash with leagues here or elsewhere. Lot to be seen what comes out in the next month or so but glad Somerset had a good season after the bold move to come up. 

It has been suggested on another thread that Doyle will be heading to Kings Lynn with Lambert moving to Swindon. Not sure how much truth is in it though

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

It has been suggested on another thread that Doyle will be heading to Kings Lynn with Lambert moving to Swindon. Not sure how much truth is in it though

PROBABLY not a lot although Jason would probably prefer the journey home from KL to Norwich rather than from Somerset after a meeting:neutral:

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They obviously do otherwise Chris would have been in Somerset's line up not Poole's! 

Holder was never going to ride here this season all somerset  have to do is wait until Poole name there line up then after a certain date I think March they could sign them/him

16 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Would like to see both Holders in Somersets team along with Wright.

8 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just look who started the thread,that will tell you how much truth is in it:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PROBABLY not a lot although Jason would probably prefer the journey home from KL to Norwich rather than from Somerset after a meeting:neutral:

Likewise Robert I presume ( Swindon about 120 miles less round trip )

On 18 October 2018 at 4:02 PM, Buttons said:

Would like to see both Holders in Somersets team along with Wright.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chris does just Sweden and Poland next year as he certainly has his mind elsewhere and lost his appetite for racing. Jack has improved a lot this year and regular rides at Torun for last two seasons has been the key and that will be his priority. 

Note that Sweden are trying to change to Thursday nights apparently 

Well if CH is going to continue be close to his son on a regular basis then he's going to need a job in the UK!

Don't think Doyley will be back next year, maybe off to Kings lynn. So maybe a swap is on the cards. So the team I would like to see would be

NKI

JACK H

DANNY KING

BWD

NICO C

JAKE A

CHARLES W

That's assuming the league stays the same 

4 hours ago, rustyre bel1 said:

Don't think Doyley will be back next year, maybe off to Kings lynn. So maybe a swap is on the cards. So the team I would like to see would be

NKI

JACK H

DANNY KING

BWD

NICO C

JAKE A

CHARLES W

That's assuming the league stays the same 

You can't have NKI, Wright or Covatti…. I have them in my Lynn 2019 line up :wink:

Just for a bit of fun. I doubt the averages will be the same.

Lambo 9.31

Riss 6.08

C. Wright 5.27( Somerset probably)

R. Worrall 5.81

NKI 7.36

N .Covatti 4.70

S. Neilsen 3.67

Edited by Bald Bloke