British Speedway Forum

Plus another league is trying to use Thurs for next season now, so that idea might be gone completely. 

The Swedish Allskvenskan league have always used Thursdays but with only 6 teams in it (and 9 in the top Elitserien) so I gues it gives them another option to allow all 9 top teams to have a fixture every week.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:01 AM, Skidder1 said:

Yes with some clubs affected much more than others. For example Somerset have been quoted as saying they were pleased with their good crowd attendances on their 'off night' as it was much easier on the M5 for fans to get there rather than on a Friday

I wouldn't think Somerset would want to go back to Fridays with all that M5 traffic, and all the problems on the roads Fridays usually bring

On 10/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, james1234 said:

I Can see Bomber at Somerset next year with Jack Holder going back to Poole

Bomber would have to take a cut in wages then!

10 hours ago, Buttons said:

I wouldn't think Somerset would want to go back to Fridays with all that M5 traffic, and all the problems on the roads Fridays usually bring

Agree I travel up from Exeter and Wednesday is far easier travel wise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Am I goin mad or had the Speedway Gb site got us down as Championship league next season!!!!

Yes,  you have gone down.

Gutted to say the least.... I know having Doyley on the books for a year would have been expensive but not so expensive that it would force us back down a division. I personally will, and I'm sure the club will, miss the local derbies against Swindon and Poole. Always a big crowd and a brilliant atmosphere. At the end of the day, if this decision keeps the club afloat then I'm all for it but just a bit disappointed at the minute.

Disappointing to see Somerset drop down but if that's what needs to be done for the future of the club.. whatever league they're in you can guarentee the team will be competitive and entertaining.

????

Somerset are still shown as Premiership on the Speedway GB site.

Capture.thumb.JPG.fffec820e5d99077b08b818349a414ad.JPG

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

????

And now they aren't. How strange.

So there are 7 teams in the top league then?

Whaaaa.....

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

????

Capture.thumb.JPG.fffec820e5d99077b08b818349a414ad.JPG

Thats 2018,Somerset and Leicester are going down with Peterborough and Ipswich moving up.

Sorry to see Somerset and Leicester going down,but survival is whats needed by all clubs at present.

1 minute ago, speedybee said:

Gutted. Nearest away track is Leicester :/ 

I thought they'd swapped leagues with Panthers?