British Speedway Forum

Shocked and disappointed to say the least. The top league is where it's at and we go back to being a big fish in a small pond. Very disappointing.

Presumably we will go back to Friday nights too.

Edited by Najjer

Sad to see Somerset go. 

I see this as a huge risk. Somerset are now miles from nearest rival. While the premiership is getting more southern. With 5 of 7 being in the southern area. 

Very sad for Somerset fans that this has happened

I assume Somerset are dropping down for financial reasons, I'm a bit puzzled however as Somerset do not have to rent the stadium, perhaps only on paper, and I assume have the food and drink outlet also, so how do some other tracks survive that don't have that advantage. I think it's good news, they will now have more teams and variety visiting, assume admission prices will be reduced, and I don't care if the top stars are missing, as long as the racing is good, don't think it matters much  if it isn't an expensive name on the bike..  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Nothing on our website as yet.

You must be sleeping Cliff, AGM News release has been up on website for a while now.B):rofl:

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I assume Somerset are dropping down for financial reasons, I'm a bit puzzled however as Somerset do not have to rent the stadium, perhaps only on paper, and I assume have the food and drink outlet also, so how do some other tracks survive that don't have that advantage. I think it's good news, they will now have more teams and variety visiting, assume admission prices will be reduced, and I don't care if the top stars are missing, as long as the racing is good, don't think it matters much  if it isn't an expensive name on the bike..  

From you comments does this mean you will now be making regular appearances at The Oak Tree once again.?

Looking at the pluses this could be very good. I was getting bored to tears seeing the same old teams visiting and this will be fresh, even if it makes away traveling much harder! Would love to see Charles Wright, Jake Allen, Bradley Wilson-Dean and Nico Covatti at OTA, who were my favourite four riders to watch there this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, speedybee said:

Looking at the pluses this could be very good. I was getting bored to tears seeing the same old teams visiting and this will be fresh, even if it makes away traveling much harder! Would love to see Charles Wright, Jake Allen, Bradley Wilson-Dean and Nico Covatti at OTA, who were my favourite four riders to watch there this year. 

I would think that might well be the nucleus of the team with a certain Henry Atkins at number 7.

• Like 2

Great shame to see one of the better tracks in the top flight leave.

Would just like to wish Somerset and all their fans all the best in the Championship in 2019 :t:

2 hours ago, womble53 said:

You must be sleeping Cliff, AGM News release has been up on website for a while now.B):rofl:

Yeah saw that Dave, just nothing from our people explaining why we have changed.

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

Yeah saw that Dave, just nothing from our people explaining why we have changed.

I expect they haven't had time yet, the meeting only finished today.