British Speedway Forum

Not too fussed about us dropping down, the racing wasn’t any better in the top league.

I hope we revert back to Friday’s it’s not been the same on a Weds - it’s not as if many away fans will be visting considering most tracks are up North!

Gutted to see Somerset drop out of the top flight after your rise (almost) to the very top of British speedway! So glad I made the after work dash from Warwickshire to see the KO cup final this season as my first ever visit to Somerset, with the likes of Doyle, Iversen, Harris and Lambert (not forgetting your home track hero Wrighty) in action at the OTA.

As a Coventry fan in exile, the above meeting provided the perfect end to my season of travelling around the tracks. Just surprised to see this move has been taken, based on the feel good factor I picked up on my visit. I wish you luck in the Championship and look forward to visiting again, maybe the Championship Fours one day!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Buttons said:

I expect they haven't had time yet, the meeting only finished today.

Maybe, but this is a stellar change and maybe a brief acknowledgement would have been a good idea to clarify. 

I thought it was a mistake !

Edited by Cliffeboy

8 hours ago, JamieE said:

Gutted to see Somerset drop out of the top flight after your rise (almost) to the very top of British speedway! So glad I made the after work dash from Warwickshire to see the KO cup final this season as my first ever visit to Somerset, with the likes of Doyle, Iversen, Harris and Lambert (not forgetting your home track hero Wrighty) in action at the OTA.

As a Coventry fan in exile, the above meeting provided the perfect end to my season of travelling around the tracks. Just surprised to see this move has been taken, based on the feel good factor I picked up on my visit. I wish you luck in the Championship and look forward to visiting again, maybe the Championship Fours one day!

Yes, great post. Huge 'feel good factor' at Oak Tree Arena for most of this year (at least, once they got the track sorted out) and I hope that, whatever league they are in, this continues. Like Jamie, I am an exiled Bees fan, just moved to Somerset and the club has certainly rekindled my passion for speedway. A lot of that is down to the racers in the team and especially Charles Wright. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Buttons said:

I expect they haven't had time yet, the meeting only finished today.

Management are letting us know next Tuesday, tbf Gary hinted at it in the Star the other week , so maybe not such a surprise.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, westlakejawa said:

From you comments does this mean you will now be making regular appearances at The Oak Tree once again.?

Will certainly give it a try, depends on admission price, number of guests and presentation improvements before becoming a regular again. A number of suggestions in last weeks Star on how to improve the latter 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, oldtimer said:

Will certainly give it a try, depends on admission price, number of guests and presentation improvements before becoming a regular again. A number of suggestions in last weeks Star on how to improve the latter  

If all the suggestions raised in last weeks Star was taken up I don't think anyone could afford to go to speedway.

3 hours ago, FigRoll said:

Shame to see Somerset drop down, have they said why they are?

They will do at the fans forum tonight.

First two signings for 2019

Chris Harris

Nico Covatti

16 hours ago, oldtimer said:

should these post be in the Championship category ?

Category open in the Championship section.

Mods - please close this one.