British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LaurenceRogers

Birmingham final meeting of 2018 v Heathens Select and Wolves Select

‪Don’t miss the final one of the season...‬

‪BIRMINGHAM will renew Midlands rivalries as part of their season finale at Perry Barr later this month.
The Edwards Plumbing Brummies will take on Wolves and Heathens select sides in a special three-team, four-man tournament on Wednesday, October 17 (7.30).
Team boss Laurence Rogers said: "The West Midlands has got a great history and tradition in this sport and the rivalries in this part of the country are as fierce as anywhere else.
"Bragging rights between these three sets of supporters has always been present at many different levels of British Speedway and it will be great to get all three clubs represented on one track on one night.
"Obviously Wolves’ league campaign was brought to an early end as they missed out on the play-offs and the Heathens only competed in the National Trophy this season.
"So their supporters, as well as our Perry Barr regulars, will be itching for one final dose of speedway before the winter comes along.
"We're currently working on the line-ups and will reveal riders for each of the clubs in due course, but the Heathens Select will include riders who wore their colours this year.”
A reminder that the Brummies head to Mildenhall this Sunday (October 7, 3pm) before travelling to Buxton seven days later (Sunday, October 14, 3pm) as they complete their compulsory outstanding Travel Plus National League fixtures.

43183177_2166454016698726_7927164513378369536_n.jpg

So it will not be a Birmingham “Select” It will be a Team made up of riders who are in the Birmingham declared 1 to 7   

FIRST NAMES CONFIRMED for our ‘Rivalries Renewed’ three-team tournament season finale: - James Shanes (Brummies) - Leon Flint (Brummies) - Max Clegg (Wolves Select) - Tom Perry (Wolves Select) - Drew Kemp (Heathens Select)

33 minutes ago, LaurenceRogers said:

Well I know you read my posts now 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Argos said:

Never realised Tom Perry ever rode for Wolverhampton 

half a season the year brummies went bang in the EL.. sure he started that year at Leicester . That was the first year of the draft system .

Tom would be far more associated with the other two teams competing but tricky with greaves  injured cant think who else Ash but he is maybe too good ..

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

I would have thought Tom`s a Heathen first Brummie second and Wolf third I'm still wondering whether to bother to go to this. Could be our last time on track i suppose and can at least watch from inside in the warm

43 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Why dont the Birmingham management experiment with a new/different team manager for this meeting ? 

Maybe, just maybe the Mason's don't have the issues with the manager that you have!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Maybe, just maybe the Mason's don't have the issues with the manager that you have!

Well if they don’t they will live to regret it, 

• Like 2

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Any Team Manager lives or Dies by result, How long as Bossman been involved in Speedway?, how many Teams has he been involved with?  and the 60000 dollar question is what has he ever won?,

Results are everything 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Argos said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Any Team Manager lives or Dies by result, How long as Bossman been involved in Speedway?, how many Teams has he been involved with?  and the 60000 dollar question is what has he ever won?,

Results are everything 

A BIG FAT NOTHING AND TO NOTE DESPISED BY MOST FANS FROM HIS FORMER CLUBS BUT THE WANNA BE D LIST CELEB IS A CROCODILE HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MY SPEEDWAY TEAM HE WILL MOVE ONTO THE NEXT ONCE HE RUINS IT.   

ANYONE WHO IS INCAPABLE OF PUTTING THERE HANDS UP IN LIFE AND ADMITTING YOU GOT SOMETHING WRONG IS NEVER TO BE TRUSTED AND CERTAINLY SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN OPPORTUNITY TO RUN A SPEEDWAY CLUB BECAUSE THEY ARE UNABLE TO BE SUBJECTIVE AND LOOK IN THE MIRROR   

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

Well maybe just maybe they should listen to the MAJORITY of fans who want rid of him or maybe Rogers himself should do the decent thing listen to the MAJORITY of fans and walk away leave MY club alone so we can move forward ..

The only fans to disagree are the pigs in troughs and that my friend is a fact ..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Argos said:

Results are everything 

Birmingham won the Easter Egg Cup against Kent this year :P (you know, the Easter that continued into the final week of July)