British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LaurenceRogers

Birmingham final meeting of 2018 v Heathens Select and Wolves Select

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Birmingham won the Easter Egg Cup against Kent this year :P (you know, the Easter that continued into the final week of July)

UK Martin you are Birmingham through and through what’s your views on Main Man/Bossman? Is he up to the job?

19 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well maybe just maybe they should listen to the MAJORITY of fans who want rid of him or maybe Rogers himself should do the decent thing listen to the MAJORITY of fans and walk away leave MY club alone so we can move forward ..

The only fans to disagree are the pigs in troughs and that my friend is a fact ..

Majority? What makes you think this?

PTBAB , what has Mr Rogers done,you sound like ( Adonis ) at the start of the season having a go at him on here !!!!!

Nearly all of the 7 named in the team in March are still injured ,how are you  to win anything when you have no luck

like that ??.

You sound as if you are a V***A fan.

SNorrt SNorrt....................................

2 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

PTBAB , what has Mr Rogers done,you sound like ( Adonis ) at the start of the season having a go at him on here !!!!!

Nearly all of the 7 named in the team in March are still injured ,how are you  to win anything when you have no luck

like that ??.

You sound as if you are a V***A fan.

SNorrt SNorrt....................................

With the injury’s that Birmingham have had this Season I agree there was no way they could win anything, but what about the other 15 years Bossman as been involved in Speedway?, With is previous pathetic record why did the Masons employ him, oh yes he’s cheap 

• Confused 1

Brum should get will pottinger as team manager for 2019 no lakeside and probably no cradley as well  he will have time ...

13 hours ago, Argos said:

With the injury’s that Birmingham have had this Season I agree there was no way they could win anything, but what about the other 15 years Bossman as been involved in Speedway?, With is previous pathetic record why did the Masons employ him, oh yes he’s cheap 

15 Years ??, i think at the very least you could almost double that, Now whilst LR may not be everyones cup of tea he has put many hours, and travelled lots of miles doing various roles over those years. Birmingham have had no luck whatsoever this season with injuries but they still went close to getting a Play Off spot, Birmingham have no god given right to win something every year, and Graham Drury is a hard act to follow, all in all i think considering the injuries that Brum have had your season wasnt that bad..

On 10/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, Argos said:

UK Martin you are Birmingham through and through what’s your views on Main Man/Bossman? Is he up to the job?

If you'd have asked me a few years ago, I could have given you an answer. Right now though, I can't give a hoot.

The Shambles League has lost me. If Birmingham stay in it, I can't see myself being there to witness it next year. How on earth can a league be in a situation where the league standings are influenced by which teams the "no-hoper" teams like Stoke and Buxton decide to ride against and donate their league points to, and who they don't ride against before the cut-off date? I thought that Poole were a cynical team with their win at all costs attitude, but what we've seen this year by the "if we can't have the points, they you can't have the points either" attitude, just makes a complete dogs dinner of the league. And you can rest assured that these teams will go unpunished and will be free to do the same again next year. NO! Not for me, this league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Things would be better if Birmingham actually take part in fixtures and not go home!

Things would be better if Buxton had a track fit for racing. Then there would be no question of going home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Things would be better if Buxton had a track fit for racing. Then there would be no question of going home.

So why did they ride on 16th Sept? - there was no suggestion then of going home despite the rain. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

There’s nowt Wrong with the Buxton track,tricky to ride yes, but when you’ve mastered it great little racetrack .

• Thanks 1

On the buxton situation. Don't both Coventry and Birmingham need to ride there still?

So whilst I agree these fixtures should of been ran before now, in this case (luckily) it has not had any bearings on the the play off places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

On the buxton situation. Don't both Coventry and Birmingham need to ride there still?

So whilst I agree these fixtures should of been ran before now, in this case (luckily) it has not had any bearings on the the play off places.

They do but a lot will depend on their play off dates now due to the cancellations last week. We had provisionally agreed 14/10 with Cov and 21/10 with Eastbourne before last weeks cancellations. 

Edited by Jayne

Come cut-off date, in the year of the blazing hot summer, whilst Belle Vue and Sheffield, tracks not too many miles away from Buxton had raced in the order of 20 meetings each, Buxton had completed only 10, Five of which were National Trophy.  We are now in October and there is still unfinished business at Buxton and Stoke. Disgraceful.

I'm sorry, but denying the other teams the ability to compete for league points (and probably get them) in good time, is a dishonour to the rest of the league, especially Coventry and Birmingham in this instance whose final league placings could have depended on their results at Buxton, and but for the grace of god, the situation could have applied to any other team as well.

#speedwayshambles