British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

I can't believe that the day before Tai proves himself to be the best British Speedway racer ever there is barely any mention of it on here.

On the verge of his 3rd world title he's been head and shoulders above his rivals this year with only a very slight wobble a couple of GP's ago.

Number 3 will see him join the greats of the sport and at 28 if he can stay injury free surely TRicks record must be in danger.

Ah but I hear you cry... He talks with an Australian accent, he's turned his back on British Speedway, he's got tattoos!

I think he's grown up a lot in the last few years and now comes across really well on TV, articulate and arrogant... Which is ok when you can back it up.

Woffy! Woffy! Woffy!

• Like 1

Yes, he gets a mention, there's posts about him in the SoN section, I just think he deserves his own section on the verge of such a massive achievement.

Maybe people are waiting to make sure he actually achieves it first!

Think there was quite a lengthy discussion about him and the ‘best’ situation.On the Teterow thread 

7 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Maybe people are waiting to make sure he actually achieves it first!

The rest of the monster team will carry him over the line as always

He'll do it... He's done it twice before and he's already said he's going to do it tomorrow. Bartek has already shown himself to be a bit of a choker when he should have cut Tai's lead to 4 or 5 points, there's no way he'll do it in front of his own fans. I think to win his first title he needs to start the season well and hang on

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Think there was quite a lengthy discussion about him and the ‘best’ situation.On the Teterow thread 

I refer you to my previous reply... The man is about to become 3 times BRITISH World Champion!!!

Edited by iainb

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I refer you to my previous reply... The man is about to become 3 times BRITISH World Champion!!!

Yes,and as I said there was an extensive debate about this very subject on that thread after he came a step nearer to winning his next title.But as graham said I do think people are waiting until the title comes home first.But for some even if he does win it still won’t make him the best in their opinion.Look forward to it all....

• Like 1

Just thought, that if Jim Lawrence had his own thread then so should Tai :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does winning the most titles make him the best British rider ever? Does winning any titles make you the best ever? It's all a matter of opinion really as you can't accurately compare different eras.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Does winning the most titles make him the best British rider ever? Does winning any titles make you the best ever? It's all a matter of opinion really as you can't accurately compare different eras.

I'd say yes it does... It's not a matter of opinion. A matter of opinion would be that he is or isn't your favourite. He'll be the best British Speedway racer ever, that's a fact... Otherwise somebody could say Rob Shuttleworth is the best ever!

Edited by iainb

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just thought, that if Jim Lawrence had his own thread then so should Tai :D

As this is the British Speedway Forum and as Jim Lawrence is involved with British speedway he has more right to his own thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MARK246 said:

As this is the British Speedway Forum and as Jim Lawrence is involved with British speedway he has more right to his own thread 

You're sounding a bit like a horrible racist :rofl:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'd say yes it does... It's not a matter of opinion. A matter of opinion would be that he is or isn't your favourite. He'll be the best British Speedway racer ever, that's a fact... Otherwise somebody could say Rob Shuttleworth is the best ever!

You start off by giving an opinion and then claim it to be fact. It can't be fact because you can't say with certainty that Tai (who I greatly admire) is better than Brian Crutcher or Jack Parker or others. He can't race them under the conditions that they raced and neither can they race him today. He will certainly be the most successful (I hope) but that isn't necessarily a measure of him being the best.

• Like 4