British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

Tai coming to my home town to a meeting and not riding in it is a perfect example of why I don’t like him, racing is what he does it’s what we as fans pay to see 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU'RE obviously a mere youngster... good to see however.

I'm 90!!!

FWIW I personally think Peter Collins is the greatest British rider of my time - stretching back to 1968. Tai isn't far behind him and, unless he retires, will soon surpass PC so the answer to the OP is ... not yet!

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

so does his rivals... not sure what the point is here. 

I didn't name any of "his rivals"

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

Tbf it's only Zmarzlik whose speed seems on another planet.

Woffy is as quick as any of the other poles.

Have to say in the final gp I was wondering how it was possible Zmarzlik could be so quick...

"Speed" and "quick" suggest superior equipment rather than rider ability

Edited by Midland Red

Tai on BBC Breakfast this morning. Probably more publicity in 5 minutes than a whole season of riding in the British League would get you.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Tai on BBC Breakfast this morning. Probably more publicity in 5 minutes than a whole season of riding in the British League would get you.

Or riding in the Olimpique

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Tai coming to my home town to a meeting and not riding in it is a perfect example of why I don’t like him, racing is what he does it’s what we as fans pay to see 

Perhaps he wasn't asked?

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

Perhaps he wasn't asked?

you really think any promoter in their right mind would not ask him to ride in their meeting but then ask him to be there ? Fans including me want to see him race it’s why we go to speedway 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

7 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

you really think any promoter in their right mind would not ask him to ride in their meeting but then ask him to be there ?

Surely nobody in their right mind would be a Speedway promoter.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

you really think any promoter in their right mind would not ask him to ride in their meeting but then ask him to be there ? Fans including me want to see him race it’s why we go to speedway 

I honestly don't know

On 10/12/2018 at 11:23 PM, Midland Red said:

"Speed" and "quick" suggest superior equipment rather than rider ability

I'm not sure what your point is? Yes speed is a combination of ability and equipment.

Noone has denied Woffy has good equipment. Has there ever been a world champion with poor equipment? Certainly not in my lifetime, and before thst Mauger is praised for his professionalism.

The likes of Carter and Collins had supremely quick equipment. In one of Pcs books in reference to the 77 world final he makes a comment about his bikes being as quick or quicker than any of his rivals.

• Like 1

British riders in the 70s and 80s had the British semi final,British final,commonwealth final,overseas final and intercontinental final to try and qualify from if they managed that they had mauger and Olsen to contend with then in the 80s Nielsen and gundersen.if tai had ridden in that time I doubt he would of qualified for a world final let alone won one

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, burton1 said:

British riders in the 70s and 80s had the British semi final,British final,commonwealth final,overseas final and intercontinental final to try and qualify from if they managed that they had mauger and Olsen to contend with then in the 80s Nielsen and gundersen.if tai had ridden in that time I doubt he would of qualified for a world final let alone won one

Why ? Les Collins and Kai Niemi used to make finals in tho's days ...it's impossible to compare Era's but is laughable to think that Woffy would not have made World Finals 

• Like 2