British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

14 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Fair to say Woffy is knocking on the door of top 10 of all time though (imo).

Of the three times world champs id have him behind Crump and probably Olsen, but ahead of Gundersen and Nicki P. 

Ahead of all double world champs with possible exceptions of Young and Moore. And maybe ahead of Hancock. 

Woffinden a better rider than gundersen,I read that two hours ago and I've just come around after hitting the floor in shock.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, burton1 said:

Woffinden a better rider than gundersen,I read that two hours ago and I've just come around after hitting the floor in shock.

Didn't bang your head, did you? That's when your judgement might become impaired.

1 hour ago, burton1 said:

Why?

You've not got off to a good start as you've got support from several folk who have shown themselves to be rather limited in terms of their speedway intelligence in this thread, let's hope you can do better.

Incidentally, I'm not saying he is per se.. just interested if you can come up with some genuine reasons to back why he isn't better and not the drivel put forward by certain others on this thread.

Edited by BWitcher

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Why?

You've not got off to a good start as you've got support from several folk who have shown themselves to be rather limited in terms of their speedway intelligence in this thread, let's hope you can do better.

Incidentally, I'm not saying he is per se.. just interested if you can come up with some genuine reasons to back why he isn't better and not the drivel put forward by certain others on this thread.

Come on stop taking the mick,gundersen is an all time great .along with Nielsen they are the greatest riders I've ever seen by a country mile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burton1 said:

Come on stop taking the mick,gundersen is an all time great .along with Nielsen they are the greatest riders I've ever seen by a country mile.

In your opinion... I think Olsen was better than both of them.

15 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

In your opinion... I think Olsen was better than both of them.

Maybe so but when I started ole was nearly finished as was Ivan.

32 minutes ago, burton1 said:

I saw much of Hans being an Oxford fan of many years and was privileged  to see him ride all over the UK as well as abroad. I first saw him during his first year in Britain and it was obvious then that there was something special about him. I place him among the greats and his team leadership skill was second to none and to watch him team ride was a joy to behold.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, burton1 said:

Nobody has said he isn't an all time great.

I have asked for the reasons why Gundersen ranks so much above Woffinden that you would 'fall over' at the prospect of someone saying Woffinden was better.

Now you've taken it further and as I assume you have seen Rickardsson they are better than him by 'a country mile' which puts us back into fantasy land.

Edited by BWitcher

21 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Nobody has said he isn't an all time great.

I have asked for the reasons why Gundersen ranks so much above Woffinden that you would 'fall over' at the prospect of someone saying Woffinden was better.

Now you've taken it further and as I assume you have seen Rickardsson they are better than him by 'a country mile' which puts us back into fantasy land.

You surely couldn't of seen gundersen ride if your asking me this question.

13 minutes ago, burton1 said:

You surely couldn't of seen gundersen ride if your asking me this question.

I've seen him ride countless times and I have't once said he wasn't a brilliant rider.

However, you've now posted three times but are still to come up with a single reason why Gundersen is so far ahead of Woffinden... and seemingly now Rickardsson too.

Edited by BWitcher

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I've seen him ride countless times and I have't once said he wasn't a brilliant rider.

However, you've now posted three times but are still to come up with a single reason why Gundersen is so far ahead of Woffinden... and seemingly now Rickardsson too.

OK how many world team cup and world pairs gold medals as woffinden won? Just a straight answer please no b@llocks

14 minutes ago, burton1 said:

OK how many world team cup and world pairs gold medals as woffinden won? Just a straight answer please no b@llocks

Is that the best you can do, seriously?

Already covered all of this, team and pairs medals are pretty irrelevant as they depend upon your partner and team mates. Unless you think Woffinden wouldn't have won any pairs with Nielsen as a partner or team events with the other Danes like Pedersen, Knudsen etc.. and Gundersen would with riders such as Harris/Cook/Lambert/King etc. 

Stephen Nzonzi is a better footballer than Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo etc based upon your logic. After all, how many World Cup winners medals do they have?

So again, still waiting for a reason as to why Gundersen is so far ahead of Woffinden AND Rickardsson.

Edited by BWitcher

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Is that the best you can do, seriously?

Already covered all of this, team and pairs medals are pretty irrelevant as they depend upon your partner and team mates. Unless you think Woffinden wouldn't have won any pairs with Nielsen as a partner or team events with the other Danes like Pedersen, Knudsen etc.. and Gundersen would with riders such as Harris/Cook/Lambert/King etc. 

So again, still waiting for a reason as to why Gundersen is so far ahead of Woffinden AND Rickardsson.

Never mentioned tony once,Erik won 3 world titles ,2 long track world titles,12 pairs and team cup gold medals,and for his injury would have won many more,also Erik was a much better gated than woffinden  .

Just now, burton1 said:

Never mentioned tony once,Erik won 3 world titles ,2 long track world titles,12 pairs and team cup gold medals,and for his injury would have won many more,also Erik was a much better gated than woffinden  .

Have you never seen Rickardsson ride then? You've stated that Gundersen and Nielsen are the best riders you have EVER seen ride by a Country Mile. So that's basically every top riders since the 80's assuming you've been watching the sport that long.

So Erik won 3 World Titles. Woffinden has 3. That's the only relevant information you've provided. Erik may have won more.. Woffinden may well win more.

Erik's a better gater.. guess that means Woffindens a better racer then.

Tai Woffinden is an exceptional rider who is certainly a worthy multiple world champion in the current era. Good luck to him and he has achieved more than  he (probably) thought he would.

I don't personally think that he is a genuine all time great, but that's not his problem - he's proved that he can be consistently good at the top level in current times.

Would he be as dominant if he had six to ten genuine world title  contenders (as opposed to a couple) like the Nielsens / Gundersens / Collins / Penhall had, I'm not so sure, but it's all a matter of opinion.

• Like 2