British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

16 minutes ago, orion said:

When  has he said he watched BT sport ..in fact when  did he say he watched speedway on the net ? 

I do watch speedway on the net, but I am not quite sure where this crap about "piggybacking" BT comes from. The broadcasting rights/deals come from BSI, who arrange live streaming for people around the world who can't get television coverage.  Got bugger all to do with BT!  He probably thinks I should pay the BBC license fee too!

29 years of paying - every week - to go to speedway all over the country, and I'm a freeloader.  Okay....

Steve

Edited by chunky

3 minutes ago, singy13 said:
Well done for all your work......not read all posts but you mention it(vol work) a lot in ones I have read....I did similar (two roles) for a local club and had a free pass...but gave funds via other avenues...why not keep a low profile and just have a quiet pride in what you did?   

Because he wouldn't be considered a hero (sorry, consider himself a hero) if he kept quiet...

Steve

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Because he wouldn't be considered a hero (sorry, consider himself a hero) if he kept quiet...

Steve

Hmmmmm.....think I may have noticed a bit of that......but it is commendable to do a bit of vol work.

5 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Hmmmmm.....think I may have noticed a bit of that......but it is commendable to do a bit of vol work.

Of course, but I'm sure many of us on here have. Yet very few of us would have refused to go to speedway just because we had to pay...

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

Of course, but I'm sure many of us on here have. Yet very few of us would have refused to go to speedway just because we had to pay...

Steve

£21 tonight.........old git fee.

1 hour ago, orion said:

When  has he said he watched BT sport ..in fact when  did he say he watched speedway on the net ? 

A few bum chums on here watching each other's backs I see.

You are probably sorry you posted it, premature as usual, as he states he watches on the internet later on.

Wait before you mount in future, as the hedgehog wished before he saw the hairbrush.

Edited by moxey63

59 minutes ago, chunky said:

Steve

Hero? And what did you do in the past that you have wanted to be kept secret but we all know about it on here? Apart from freeloading with the best of them?

We should start a new thread.

What is the best freebie speedway has offered you, and who is the most hypocritical freeloader?

Apart from me... my vote goes to: ________________.

4 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

A few bum chums on here watching each other's backs I see.

You are probably sorry you posted it, premature as usual, as he states he watches on the internet later on.

Wait before you mount in future, as the hedgehog wished before he saw the hairbrush.

Why would I be sorry ..you made a comment that was based at the time on no facts and as normal you just made stuff up again ..a bit like  saying you don't watch speedway on tv anymore only to make up that you somehow now have it on in the background 

48 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Hero? And what did you do in the past that you have wanted to be kept secret but we all know about it on here? Apart from freeloading with the best of them?

So, all speedway fans who live abroad and cannot get the services that YOU get, but use services provided by the organisers specifically for them, are freeloaders?

I do accept that 29 years of paying to attend speedway meetings around the country is totally negated by me not paying a small fee for some fifteen days of a service that isn't available to me.

Of course, I would be happy to pay for a service that enables me to watch the greatest British speedway rider of all time...

Steve

12 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, all speedway fans who live abroad and cannot get the services that YOU get, but use services provided by the organisers specifically for them, are freeloaders?

I do accept that 29 years of paying to attend speedway meetings around the country is totally negated by me not paying a small fee for some fifteen days of a service that isn't available to me.

Of course, I would be happy to pay for a service that enables me to watch the greatest British speedway rider of all time...

Steve

If you don't pay for a service, you are a freeloader. I offered a service and got a free pass - I didn't get it for free. Riders get paid for doing what they do, team managers, photographers get in for nowt and do their hobby. Why am I alone classed as a freeloader for offering a service? I am not bothered, It's the past.  I'm more concerned with people peering over the wall to watch the sport nowadays. 

1 hour ago, moxey63 said:

If you don't pay for a service, you are a freeloader. I offered a service and got a free pass - I didn't get it for free. Riders get paid for doing what they do, team managers, photographers get in for nowt and do their hobby. Why am I alone classed as a freeloader for offering a service? I am not bothered, It's the past.  I'm more concerned with people peering over the wall to watch the sport nowadays. 

I have said before (not that you read it, as I'm sure you only had the internet on in the background...), but I have NO PROBLEM with you getting in for nothing as a result of your work.  What I have a problem with is that you now refuse to pay to get in.  I also have a problem with you claiming "knowledge" of things you do not watch...

You think I "peer over the wall"? I use the service that the organisers provide for me; I do not "piggyback".  I cannot pay for a service that is not available to me!  If you have a problem with me using the official service provided - which is legal, and certainly not unethical - then complain to BSI.  As I said, I would be happy to pay for a streaming service if that was the case, because I (unlike you) think the product is worth paying to see...

Steve

38 minutes ago, chunky said:

I have said before (not that you read it, as I'm sure you only had the internet on in the background...), but I have NO PROBLEM with you getting in for nothing as a result of your work.  What I have a problem with is that you now refuse to pay to get in.  I also have a problem with you claiming "knowledge" of things you do not watch...

You think I "peer over the wall"? I use the service that the organisers provide for me; I do not "piggyback".  I cannot pay for a service that is not available to me!  If you have a problem with me using the official service provided - which is legal, and certainly not unethical - then complain to BSI.  As I said, I would be happy to pay for a streaming service if that was the case, because I (unlike you) think the product is worth paying to see...

Steve

Your problem can be resolved with me explaining, clearly, that I currently refuse to pay to watch live speedway in this country, simply because...  it is about as real as a facelift. Now, please tell me if you think I'm wrong, but why would anyone hand over £20 for something they feel is so dire that, and it isn't only me who feels this, hence the continuing worry that the sport will be dead in a decade or two? I am not some benefactor that only attends, pays money, just so that the few who still believe in the sport can have somewhere to go on a chosen night of the week. You seem to be concerned that I have an opinion on a sport I don't watch. But I don't watch it because of what has happened to it. I actually gave up my free pass and stopped attending both together, I was fed up with how the sport was. That was 10 years ago. It has only gone in one direction since. I read about it all the time on here and elsewhere. I wish you would stop trying to smear someone for an opinion, just because you feel speedway is so wonderful. The real world says it is not. But people like you will tell me I cannot have an opinion because I am not attending or watching the sport - a sport that I found was going in a direction I didn't like. I would be an idiot to attend something I didn't enjoy. But, do you know what, even with a free pass I attended three or four years longer than I should have done. Nothing that has happened since - even the brilliant new Belle Vue - encourages me to come back to a sport in which a team that finishes way out in front of the rest, with practically the same team all year, can be outpaced in the final weeks of the season by a team that changed its line up more times than I change my socks. I wouldn't even go for free. It isn't all about decent racing. You have to believe everything that surrounds it. It is now designed for the riders to get more out of it than the fans. That can't be right. But I expect you to come back and try to undermine how I feel. But it's getting boring now. I can't believe I'm answering questions from someone who ditched speedway and moved to another country. A real fan.

Edited by moxey63

25 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

But I expect you to come back and try to undermine how I feel. But it's getting boring now. I can't believe I'm answering questions from someone who ditched speedway and moved to another country. A real fan.

There really is something wrong with you!

I 'ditched" speedway?  I'm f*cking sorry that being with the woman you love isn't considered a valid reason for someone to move, and you think that going to speedway is more important!  That's good coming from someone who doesn't go to speedway just because he got "fed up".

Steve

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chunky said:

There really is something wrong with you!

I 'ditched" speedway?  I'm f*cking sorry that being with the woman you love isn't considered a valid reason for someone to move, and you think that going to speedway is more important!  That's good coming from someone who doesn't go to speedway just because he got "fed up".

Steve

Tell someone is losing the argument when they resort to swearing. Loosen up old chap.

If the woman you love, which you moved abroad for and left the sport you love, decided to have another lover or two on the side. How long could you love her for? That is why my love for speedway, a team sport, went. I did not believe the riders were fully committed to me being there, free or not, every week. How many others feel the same? How can you support a bunch of riders who be playing away the next night? 

And by the way, Clean Cut Sports is a brilliant company (there are others) that you'll be able to have dvds shipped out to you, save the freeloading on the internet.

Just because you moved doesn't mean you can't still chip in. Your position is like downloading illegal music because there isn't a music shop near you.

Edited by moxey63