British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Tai Woffinden Best Ever!?

Moxey, still not grasping that BSI stream the GP live, for free, on their website in the USA. No illegal stream needed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Moxey, still not grasping that BSI stream the GP live, for free, on their website in the USA. No illegal stream needed.

That is what is frustrating me!  And he thinks that buying dvd's months AFTER the event is a substitute for watching live sport?

Finally, what really set me off was questioning me being a "real" fan, because I "ditched" speedway. Since emigrating, I have still attended speedway (and paid for it) in Britain as well as the US. I have spent money on numerous dvd's, books, memorabilia, so yes, I have still been "chipping in". 

Steve

3 hours ago, chunky said:

That is what is frustrating me!  And he thinks that buying dvd's months AFTER the event is a substitute for watching live sport?

Finally, what really set me off was questioning me being a "real" fan, because I "ditched" speedway. Since emigrating, I have still attended speedway (and paid for it) in Britain as well as the US. I have spent money on numerous dvd's, books, memorabilia, so yes, I have still been "chipping in". 

Steve

I don't want this to carry on, as it could do. It's childish. Your post above echoes my life. Just because I don't care much for current speedway doesn't mean I still don't buy stuff from its history or don't have a hobby in collecting stats etc from its history. You throw things in my direction but you get all defensive when I assume things about you. We are all fans in one sort of way, but we are behaving like brave trolls that say anything because it's behind a keyboard. Let's draw a line.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

. Your post above echoes my life. Just because I don't care much for current speedway doesn't mean I still don't buy stuff from its history or don't have a hobby in collecting stats etc from its history. 

Or having speedway on in the background .

18 minutes ago, orion said:

Or having speedway on in the background .

That's what I said. You're beginning to sound like one of those Beavis and Butthead characters, the dim one.

22 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I don't want this to carry on, as it could do. It's childish. Your post above echoes my life. Just because I don't care much for current speedway doesn't mean I still don't buy stuff from its history or don't have a hobby in collecting stats etc from its history. You throw things in my direction but you get all defensive when I assume things about you. We are all fans in one sort of way, but we are behaving like brave trolls that say anything because it's behind a keyboard. Let's draw a line.

Good idea to draw a line. Chunky appears a decent poster that you probably pushed a tad too far with your assumptions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

it's not only childish, but for your part your version is untrue. You never got sick of speedway and stopped going. You, by your own words on here sometime ago, stated that once you stopped doing your notes you were asked to pay to get in like everyone else. You took umbridge with BV, because you are not a freebie any more, and therefore have stayed away rather than pay to get in. Your story has been repeated on many threads you go on, and each time conveniently try to concoct a different angle why you don't go to speedway. But your real reason, you revealed yourself a couple of years and you ave been in denial ever since. Put into a boxing context, you regularly get knocked out and lose, but always try to restart the fight as if nothing had been stated before. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, moxey63 said:

That's what I said. You're beginning to sound like one of those Beavis and Butthead characters, the dim one.

Both Bevis and Butthead are both  dim ...yet  again making a comment about a subject you have no idea about . I Expect you never knew that because you only had it on in the background 

Edited by orion
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

Good idea to draw a line. Chunky appears a decent poster that you probably pushed a tad too far with your assumptions.

I appreciate the kinds words. I didn't - as suggested by moxey63 - swear because I was losing an argument. I swore (and I was classy enough to use an asterisk) because he decided to judge me as a person, and make ridiculous accusations and assumptions - seemingly based on the fact that I emigrated. Over the years, I have had to deal with many accusations and assumptions (both in the US and UK) regarding the matter, and sometimes, it just gets a little too much.

Oh, and I'm not just a troll who attempts to hide behind a username. Having said that, I do know who moxey63 is...

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

it's not only childish, but for your part your version is untrue. You never got sick of speedway and stopped going. You, by your own words on here sometime ago, stated that once you stopped doing your notes you were asked to pay to get in like everyone else. You took umbridge with BV, because you are not a freebie any more, and therefore have stayed away rather than pay to get in. Your story has been repeated on many threads you go on, and each time conveniently try to concoct a different angle why you don't go to speedway. But your real reason, you revealed yourself a couple of years and you ave been in denial ever since. Put into a boxing context, you regularly get knocked out and lose, but always try to restart the fight as if nothing had been stated before. 

Here he is again, an adult in a full football kit. Grow up, man.

I would love it... love it... if you could find these posts in which I've said all that.

A lie is halfway around the forum before the truth has its pants on. 

Edited by moxey63

10 hours ago, chunky said:

I appreciate the kinds words. I didn't - as suggested by moxey63 - swear because I was losing an argument. I swore (and I was classy enough to use an asterisk) because he decided to judge me as a person, and make ridiculous accusations and assumptions - seemingly based on the fact that I emigrated. Over the years, I have had to deal with many accusations and assumptions (both in the US and UK) regarding the matter, and sometimes, it just gets a little too much.

Oh, and I'm not just a troll who attempts to hide behind a username. Having said that, I do know who moxey63 is...

Steve

I am Alan Robertson, Chunky. I am not hiding behind anything. Many people know who I am on here, Chunky. 

Edited by moxey63

12 hours ago, orion said:

Both Bevis and Butthead are dim ...yet  again making a comment about a subject you have no idea about . I Expect you never knew that because you only had it on in the background 

I know that... idiot. Perhaps you're the third one, that was placed into care.

2 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

But I still insist Woffinden is not the best British rider of all time.

In your opinion who is, and why?

6 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

In your opinion who is, and why?

Scott Nicholls - most British titles.:t:  I mean, we are going on titles, aren't we?

Edited by moxey63
  • Haha 3