British Speedway Forum
Argos

Worrying Times at Redcar

Well if CVS from Wolverhampton is a Director of the current Company rest assured they will be Speedway at Redcar next Season, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lukeellis said:

The problem is not with the crowd size as such,probably better than most.The Owners are not capable of being Promoters so they need someone to do that job and all it entails for nothing as Kevin has done very well for 2 years.I can’t see anyone else doing that,so really they need to sell the club.

He certainly has but I think he has been very frustrated at times. Very much a hands on promoter, he used to have Jitenda to take some of the load off him, but with him stepping down on health grounds, it has been back to Kevin to run the show with Jade looking after the NJL team. Interesting the comment above about Ged, as he did first try to buy into Redcar, but would not on Havvy's terms so he went elsewhere. He is there every Thursday, and still has the same people around him that he has been with for a couple of decades now so he would not be short of support. Let's hope the Gladders want to carry on and, together with CVS, get a promoter in position to do the planning for next year.

Edited by Tsunami

35 minutes ago, leander said:

But then that would put Peterborough in doubt as he isn't allowed to run two in the same league.

i did say possibly no more to achieve at Peterborough meaning moving on

Reading the headline thought one of the Havelock's were back but its not that bad. Im sure the Bears will continue on.

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

i did say possibly no more to achieve at Peterborough meaning moving on

Does he not own Peterborough?

18 hours ago, Argos said:

Yes it was Kevin, well let’s all hope is co-Promoter carries on, Is that CVS from Wolves 

Think CVS finished with Redcaf afew seasons ago,is it not the Gladders Brothers that Promote it now.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think CVS finished with Redcaf afew seasons ago,is it not the Gladders Brothers that Promote it now.

Gladders brothers are Directors.  Named Promoters are Kevin Keay and Jittendra Duffill (see post on first page).

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure CVS is still named as a director, and has been at Redcar a couple of times this season. Saying that, pretty sure he has very little to do with the running of things these days. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boz said:

Pretty sure CVS is still named as a director, and has been at Redcar a couple of times this season. Saying that, pretty sure he has very little to do with the running of things these days. 

Of course he's a director! I already posted a list of promoters and directors.

15 hours ago, leander said:

But then that would put Peterborough in doubt as he isn't allowed to run two in the same league.

Plus surely he would have to sell Peterborough to purchase Redcar.

Interesting comments from Kev Keay in the star where he says him and co director do everything at the track, not the same at Peterborough where they have an excellent back room team and a Supporters Club that provides back up and money to support the club.

18 hours ago, lukeellis said:

The problem is not with the crowd size as such,probably better than most.The Owners are not capable of being Promoters so they need someone to do that job and all it entails for nothing as Kevin has done very well for 2 years.I can’t see anyone else doing that,so really they need to sell the club.

Kevin is Redcar Bears greatest asset and Kevin's greatest asset has always been communication. There has been no communication so for the sake of Redcar and the whole of British speedway I hope that its not true. 
British speedway cant afford to loose forward thinking promoters like Kevin
Edited by Skid Sprocket
  • Like 2

On 6 October 2018 at 3:09 AM, Argos said:

Well if CVS from Wolverhampton is a Director of the current Company rest assured they will be Speedway at Redcar next Season, 

CVS owns 30% of Redcar Eric Gladders 20% and Brian Gladders 50% so the Gladders Brothers hold the whip hand. They have refused any approach from Ged Rathbone in the past so it may not happen even if he is interested. Kevin & Brian Gladders did most of the work at the track with the help of a few dedicated helpers. Two of those who also act as clerk of the course and office manager I understand are also stepping down. Plus with Ben Duffill the other promoter having stood down earlier in the season it does not look good for next year. Let's hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the sake of both Redcar Speedway and the sport in total.

CVS has not taken an active role at Redcar for a number of years now.

• Like 3

I hope Redcar get sorted why not get Jason Pipe to mange the team he local and dose a good job.

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

I hope Redcar get sorted why not get Jason Pipe to mange the team he local and dose a good job.

I don't think he's over popular there these days, anyway it's a promoter they need.