British Speedway Forum
Argos

Worrying Times at Redcar

On 10/5/2018 at 7:25 PM, stevehone said:

don't know why but i kind of wonder if Ged Rathbone would come in now, especially if Peterborough win the play-off .. possible thought could be no more to achieve at Peterborough and try with the local club 

Now considering today's statement about Peterborough that is spooky?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Peterborough have just been put up for sale, worrying times for speedway

You're not wrong Dorothy and with all the rumours/stories (call them what you like) concerning at least 5 other teams you have to wonder what shape and form league speedway will take next season?

More worrying at Petesrborough 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Cant see how Ged Rathbone can put money into Redcar until he sells Peterborough 

But he could be promoter until he does sell. However the Gladders brothers have always said they would not let Ged into the club. That is why he ended up at Peterborough. So a big change of mind from the brothers needs to take place for that to happen.

8 hours ago, slyfox said:

But he could be promoter until he does sell. However the Gladders brothers have always said they would not let Ged into the club. That is why he ended up at Peterborough. So a big change of mind from the brothers needs to take place for that to happen.

Or he buys them out as Directors.

Interesting interview with Kev on BBC Tees earlier tonight. Sounds like budget was one of the key drivers for his decision.

Worryingly for me, sounds like the brothers are not keen to pay for track preparation. I think Terry has done a great job over the last couple of seasons with the track and is money well spent in my eyes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, boz said:

Interesting interview with Kev on BBC Tees earlier tonight. Sounds like budget was one of the key drivers for his decision.

Worryingly for me, sounds like the brothers are not keen to pay for track preparation. I think Terry has done a great job over the last couple of seasons with the track and is money well spent in my eyes.

Surely if they are not prepared to pay for track work they must be considering their options and perhaps withdrawing their interests in The Bears too?
Would that open the door to Ged Rathbone in bearing in mind The Brothers have previously stated they did not welcome his involvement?

It is pretty clear that Redcar will run but the Bros won't give up the reigns - every Redcar fan would love Ged to be in charge, it is mouthwatering what he could do, and I don't doubt one day he might be in charge but can't see it this year.

The Gladders will just bring in a new promoter who is told to build on a shoe-string, probably even more than this side was built too.

Kevin did a great job and it is a massive disappointment to see him go....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boz said:

That's what it sounds like - even with a poor team this season we still normally got decent racing on a track. False economy not paying for a decent track imo.

• Like 1

why don't the brothers just take the bloody money and put their feet up. They'll get a good price from Rathbone and we'll progress as a club. Win win

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

That's what it sounds like - even with a poor team this season we still normally got decent racing on a track. False economy not paying for a decent track imo.

How much of the behind the scenes goings on and, I'm assuming, lack of track work played a part in the BEN meeting being cancelled along with the alleged lack of availability of riders?
I'd have thought have a meeting like that would have helped things?

9 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

How much of the behind the scenes goings on and, I'm assuming, lack of track work played a part in the BEN meeting being cancelled along with the alleged lack of availability of riders?
I'd have thought have a meeting like that would have helped things?

Not that I have any knowledge but I think the cancellation of the Ben meeting had zero to do with lack of track work. 

• Like 1

Fans are putting their hard earned into the track as well, but personally I cannot see how Redcar will survive unless the brothers put more in for next season. I would hate to see Redcar go NL because of lack of investment. As Ged seems to get a lot of mention about how good it would be if he bought it if the the directors sold out, but it will be a toughy. Do the supporters want the directors to  keep it on and not invest as needed or leave it and risk moving down a championship?. I would rather see them sell out and let someone put new ideas into the club and move it forward.