British Speedway Forum
Argos

Worrying Times at Redcar

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Agree with you on Stewart haven't spoke to him for a while now.

Sorry spelt his name wrong in the first post and to give Stewart credit he is a very knowledgeable guy and always has something worth listening to when it comes to this sport. It will take a long time for his Glasgow core to change to a Leicester one because if you could cut him in two; like a stick of rock; he would have Glasgow Tigers written right down the middle. However Glasgow's loss is definitely Leicesters gain.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

OOOH er Missus!!!! Bitchy bitchy!!! From the Ged Rathbone appreciation society I presume "give as a cuddle and a kiss" XXX

Sorry just not that keen on the guy and we speak regularly and he probably has the same opinion of me however "like the Murphy's I'm not bitter" and certainly wont be losing any sleep over it.

Regards
THJ

Doubt that I've ever been on any Panthers promoter or manager Christmas card list so wouldn't worry yourself about any mutual appreciation society!

Don't know Rathbone and have no wish to get to know him, although left it a bit late now. As Mr Bratley once told me (probably by red hot PM), it's not what you say but the way that you say it. Anything like your post aimed at Peterborough or associated, if I see it, will get a response, always has and always will.

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Doubt that I've ever been on any Panthers promoter or manager Christmas card list so wouldn't worry yourself about any mutual appreciation society!

Don't know Rathbone and have no wish to get to know him, although left it a bit late now. As Mr Bratley once told me (probably by red hot PM), it's not what you say but the way that you say it. Anything like your post aimed at Peterborough or associated, if I see it, will get a response, always has and always will.

Whoa there Biffa. Shouldn't worry if I were you there was no slight at Boro and I only wish the club well. So get down off the old high horse.

Dont know Mr Bratley never met him so cant comment and I always thought it was Bananarama who said "it's not what you say but the way that you say it" and I do admire your commitment in defending all things Peterborough.

It is still my personal view and sorry if you don't like it however that I have a very low opinion of Ged and no doubt he of me however when we meet we still pass pleasantries after all it costs nothing to be civil.

Also I must add that I do find it somewhat remarkable that you defend a guy you have never met or spoken to. You will be telling me Charles Manson is a nice bloke and Peter Sutcliffe was just misunderstood with a premise like that!!!

Never mind and just to get back on topic I know many Redcar fans would not be to impressed if "Old Man Havvy" was to return however if it was a straight choice between Brian coming back and not running surely the former is much more preferable. (Oh and by the way I like old Brian he is great craic and has some fantastic story's) (but if anyone wants to slag him off that's fine as "Like the Murp... oops sorry cracked that one earlier... but you know what I mean)

Regards 

THJ

Good to see in The Speedway Star and The Teesside Gazette today that CVS & the other directors (the brothers) are very positive about Redcar in 2019. Looking to appoint a new promoter in the next couple of weeks (probably new to Redcar). Looking Good!!!!! 

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 4

I can't see Havvy coming back into the fold now - I'm hoping someone similar to Keay in terms of ideas moving forwards. 

Would imagine we would want it all sorted out by the AGM.

2 minutes ago, boz said:

I can't see Havvy coming back into the fold now - I'm hoping someone similar to Keay in terms of ideas moving forwards. 

Would imagine we would want it all sorted out by the AGM.

You would need someone that would have to work the way of the directors.

Even if the Dinosaurs running or should that be ruining the sport? you need someone at the club that has the enthusiasm to make the club go forward and promote it, but if the directors want it run their way and people deem it not making the club be good again then there could be a wait for someone to agree to what the brothers want.

Like him or loathe him about Havvy he ran the club with what money he had, but some don't see it that way. The same Kev has run it to how he would like the club to be run you always have the directors saying yes or no.

I personally would of liked to have seen the brothers and other directors sell to someone that had good ideas for the club, but Dinosaurs don't like change.

They would rather become extinct and let it go than see someone take it on.

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Whoa there Biffa. Shouldn't worry if I were you there was no slight at Boro and I only wish the club well. So get down off the old high horse.

Dont know Mr Bratley never met him so cant comment and I always thought it was Bananarama who said "it's not what you say but the way that you say it" and I do admire your commitment in defending all things Peterborough.

It is still my personal view and sorry if you don't like it however that I have a very low opinion of Ged and no doubt he of me however when we meet we still pass pleasantries after all it costs nothing to be civil.

Also I must add that I do find it somewhat remarkable that you defend a guy you have never met or spoken to. You will be telling me Charles Manson is a nice bloke and Peter Sutcliffe was just misunderstood with a premise like that!!!

Never mind and just to get back on topic I know many Redcar fans would not be to impressed if "Old Man Havvy" was to return however if it was a straight choice between Brian coming back and not running surely the former is much more preferable. (Oh and by the way I like old Brian he is great craic and has some fantastic story's) (but if anyone wants to slag him off that's fine as "Like the Murp... oops sorry cracked that one earlier... but you know what I mean)

Regards 

THJ

You don't need to know Bratley. You can think what you like of Rathbone, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the words (yours and Bratley's) that are the important bit.

You admire my commitment in defending all things Peterborough but find it somewhat remarkable that I defend a guy I have never met or spoken to. I got an invite over to WWOS based on that misunderstanding in 2007. The Colin Horton frenzy was in full flow at the time.

13 hours ago, Crump99 said:

You don't need to know Bratley. You can think what you like of Rathbone, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the words (yours and Bratley's) that are the important bit.

You admire my commitment in defending all things Peterborough but find it somewhat remarkable that I defend a guy I have never met or spoken to. I got an invite over to WWOS based on that misunderstanding in 2007. The Colin Horton frenzy was in full flow at the time.

Honestly

No idea WWOS... WTF!!! and do I assume Colin is some relation to Mick Horton... you have put this down to impress I assume but sorry I don't know the back story so it's fell a bit flat...  

Next time I am at Peterborough I will introduce my self and you can impress the B'jesus out of me over a pint.

Regards 

THJ

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

No idea WWOS... WTF!!! and do I assume Colin is some relation to Mick Horton... you have put this down to impress I assume but sorry I don't know the back story so it's fell a bit flat...  

Next time I am at Peterborough I will introduce my self and you can impress the B'jesus out of me over a pint.

Regards 

THJ

Fortunately I don't drink. From the looks of it you don't know much and assume a lot so we'd not have much in common to discuss anyway. If we're both running as clubs in 2019 then my unlikely hope would be that we'd be in different leagues anyway so the chances of a catch up would be slim.

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Fortunately I don't drink. From the looks of it you don't know much and assume a lot so we'd not have much in common to discuss anyway. If we're both running as clubs in 2019 then my unlikely hope would be that we'd be in different leagues anyway so the chances of a catch up would be slim.

Someone got out the wrong side of the bed today... Maybe a drink would loosen you up:rofl: 

4 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Someone got out the wrong side of the bed today... Maybe a drink would loosen you up:rofl: 

Same every day. You need to pay more attention if you're going to play. I wouldn't pin your hopes on getting a call back after your Comedy Store interview ;)

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Same every day. You need to pay more attention if you're going to play. I wouldn't pin your hopes on getting a call back after your Comedy Store interview ;)

Hold up there Grumpy Crumpy this is a Redcar thread not the THJ Crumpy show... give me a minute and I will post on the Panthers thread and we can have at it on there rather than here 

Keeps things in there rightfull place and you can "strangle the budgie" at your leisure 

Regards

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

THJ, 

FYI - that’s not what Bananarama said. 

28 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

THJ, 

FYI - that’s not what Bananarama said. 

I know but hopefully you got the joke...

It was something about Robert De Niro calling wasn't it..

Anyway it got you thinking and here's another thing I bet you had the song in your head for hours..

Lol

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

So as I read it this new promoter will be new to Redcar,  someone told me it could be Mick Horton taht can't be right can it?

• Haha 1