British Speedway Forum
Argos

Worrying Times at Redcar

16 minutes ago, FigRoll said:

So as I read it this new promoter will be new to Redcar,  someone told me it could be Mick Horton taht can't be right can it?

I think its 'that'.:t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

31 minutes ago, FigRoll said:

So as I read it this new promoter will be new to Redcar,  someone told me it could be Mick Horton taht can't be right can it?

Heard something very similar at Worky last night from a couple of Redcar fans who are in the know and they said the same that there were two names in the frame Old Man Havvy and a new promoter with new money which was all a bit cryptic as they couldn't confirm who the new guy was... however if this proves to be true it's great news for Redcar. So positive noises from more than one source...

Graham and Tina back in the bar and the Bears are flying...

Regards

THJ 

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Heard something very similar at Worky last night from a couple of Redcar fans who are in the know and they said the same that there were two names in the frame Old Man Havvy and a new promoter with new money which was all a bit cryptic as they couldn't confirm who the new guy was... however if this proves to be true it's great news for Redcar. So positive noises from more than one source...

Graham and Tina back in the bar and the Bears are flying...

Regards

THJ 

Thing is with this Horton rumour as pie in the sky it maybe, would they grant him a new promoters licence anyway with the farce at Coventry?

strangle  a budgie , trying to work that one out .  all help help welcome .

28 minutes ago, jenga said:

It's either he's not an Adam Faith fan (one for the Teenagers), or, he's not an animal lover..... possibly.... :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

Pull the heed off the chicken may be a euphemism you are more accustomed to in Cumbria 

You being the chief Merchant Banker I was sure you would get that one Jenga

Regards 

THJ

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Pull the heed off the chicken may be a euphemism you are more accustomed to in Cumbria 

You being the chief Merchant Banker I was sure you would get that one Jenga

Regards 

THJ

i was trying to think of something  different, but i could not ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FigRoll said:

Thing is with this Horton rumour as pie in the sky it maybe, would they grant him a new promoters licence anyway with the farce at Coventry?

Is it all the fault of Horton or is it just speedway in general. I appreciate Mick does attract a great deal of negative comment however if it is him; and I honestly don't know if it is; if it comes down to a choice of him or no speedway I for one would opt for him at least it keeps a great venue like Redcar running.

Regards

THJ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Is it all the fault of Horton or is it just speedway in general. I appreciate Mick does attract a great deal of negative comment however if it is him; and I honestly don't know if it is; if it comes down to a choice of him or no speedway I for one would opt for him at least it keeps a great venue like Redcar running.

Regards

THJ 

Sure but would many want to ride for him after past history that is the thing 

7 minutes ago, FigRoll said:

Sure but would many want to ride for him after past history that is the thing 

Honestly no idea but I think he could pull a team together... he might be perceived as being a bit of a plum but Redcar have a good reputation so you could only give it a go and see where you get with it as we are in very uncertain times unfortunately 

Regards 

THJ 

Now you are takeing the p..s mike horton at redcar more chance of you flying to the moon.........

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Now you are takeing the p..s mike horton at redcar more chance of you flying to the moon.........

Well dafter things have happened at sea...you want to hear whose sniffing around The Comets franchise... something a lot scarier than Mick Horton...

Regards

THJ 

Blimey, that’s interesting....

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well dafter things have happened at sea...you want to hear whose sniffing around The Comets franchise... something a lot scarier than Mick Horton...

Regards

THJ 

Wonder who