British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Wild Cards 2019

18 minutes ago, Col said:

Vaculik's win in Gorzow means I'm certain he'll get a Wild Card.

But not Pedersen?

Dudek, Pedersen, Vaculik, Lambert/Zagar

For me  it will be dudek vaculik Zager and pedersen       Think it's a year too early for lambert   

Dudek deserves a wild card. He would have easily qualified but for broken bones.

No more Poles. There’s enough already

I don’t think Zagar deserves one. Never really challenged and just makes up the numbers.

Vaculik? Possibly.

Britain needs a second rider. We have the flagship GP, and gp wildcards don’t cut it. Give a berth to Lambert. Sure he will struggle but will learn and get better. And he will do ok imo.

Madsen is good enough to win a gp. Should be in.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No more Poles. There’s enough already

So what criteria do you take into account when selecting who should get the wild card.

Nationality or quality?

Surely the GP is for 16 best riders in the world... not "three" riders from this country, or "two" riders from another

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Dudek 100%

Zagar 90%

Fricke 60%

Milik / Lambert.  50/50

Surely can’t have Smektala as that would be 5 Poles as Janus Kolodje coming from Challange qualifier.

and there was i thinking the world championship was suppose to be for the best riders not nationality's 

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But not Pedersen?

Dudek, Pedersen, Vaculik, Lambert/Zagar

I had Pedersen down for one of the 4 WC's I think they'll hand out. See the second post of the topic.

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think Zagar deserves one. Never really challenged and just makes up the numbers.

Vaculik? Possibly.

Britain needs a second rider. We have the flagship GP, and gp wildcards don’t cut it. Give a berth to Lambert. Sure he will struggle but will learn and get better. And he will do ok imo.

Madsen is good enough to win a gp. Should be in.

Make a case for Madsen over Pedersen... All things considered.

I think it's a year too early for Lambert. He has his first year in Ekstraliga assuming he stays with Lublin, his final year of U21 & has qualified by right for the SEC.

Krsko GP obviously makes money, would it if there was no full time Slovenian GP rider? That's why Zagar will get a WC.

Edited by Col

15 minutes ago, Col said:

Make a case for Madsen over Pedersen... All things considered.

In 2018 Madsen finished higher in the Swedish and Polish League averages and won the SEC comfortably while Nikki not only finishing below leon in both the worlds biggest leagues he finished a lowly 11th in the gp having missed Zero rounds winning only 9 heats in a total of 10 rounds thats less than a heat win a round which does not warrant a wild card .. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

15 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

So what criteria do you take into account when selecting who should get the wild card.

Nationality or quality?

Surely the GP is for 16 best riders in the world... not "three" riders from this country, or "two" riders from another

I understand your point but the gp series would be dead in the water if it was full of fast gating Poles. It’s an international competition so the mix must be international. Variety is the spice of life.

If Poland had 10 riders worthy of being in the gps, then it is tough on some of them that miss out.

22 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

In 2018 Madsen finished higher in the Swedish League averages

4. Nicki Pedersen - 13 - 65 - 148 - 2,277
5. Leon Madsen - 8 - 42 - 94 - 2,238

1.Dudek needs no explanation

2.Madsen should be in gp series best rider outside the series been winning hts for fun in poland and sweden plus won euro championship with ease.

3.Vaculik unlucky with injury and with gp win i think will just get in

4.Not sure could be Lambert,Fricke,Zagar i think they should go with 1 of Lambert or Fricke give them some experience.

Pedersen has been in the mix in some gps but hasnt won enough hts and often looks like hes struggling plus he aint getting younger,dont think he should get wildcard like holder. 

8 minutes ago, Col said:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/elitserien/statystyki/2018

Now i take it not not going to respond to any of the other points because your beat and you cant you must be NP Mother anyway toodle pip off you pop 

8 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Pedersen has been in the mix in some gps but hasnt won enough hts and often looks like hes struggling plus he aint getting younger,dont think he should get wildcard like holder.

9 Heat wins in 10 GPS is very very poor 

25 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/elitserien/statystyki/2018

Now i take it not not going to respond to any of the other points because your beat and you cant you must be NP Mother anyway toodle pip off you pop 

Wow. Just wow. 

You're is correct English in that context.

Pedersen was 3rd in Danish National Championship, where did Madsen finish?

Pedersen won a GP.

I don't even like Pedersen but it is difficult to make a case for Madsen over Pedersen.

There is nothing between them in terms of their averages in Elitserien & Ekstraliga. But going on league averages both should qualify. That said Madsen only competed in the last few weeks in Elitserien, only called up by Vetlanda late on.

Pedersen had to rely on a WC for 2018 GP qualification, but so did Madsen for SEC.

I don't think either would finish top 8 if selected.