British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Wild Cards 2019

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I understand your point but the gp series would be dead in the water if it was full of fast gating Poles. It’s an international competition so the mix must be international. Variety is the spice of life.

If Poland had 10 riders worthy of being in the gps, then it is tough on some of them that miss out.

It sure is tough if your a Polish rider. Back in the 80 and 82 world long track finals German riders filled the top three spots. So the FIM introduced a two rider policy. In effect stopping the final from being full of German riders. Unfair IMO, but best for the championship i suppose, so a bit like what we have in the GP's today regarding the Polish riders.

Dudek - obviously...

Vaculik - deserves one after a troubled, but not totally unsuccessful year.

Pedersen - not great this year, but can still be better than the rest. I am not a fan, but he adds to the GP's.

The rest?

Zagar -  Like Pedersen, better than the rest, and undoubtedly would have qualified had he not missed Krsko.

Madsen - still not heard any specifics, but it doesn't appear he is a candidate.

Lambert - Perhaps a year early, but has the potential, I feel.

Steve

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

It sure is tough if your a Polish rider. Back in the 80 and 82 world long track finals German riders filled the top three spots. So the FIM introduced a two rider policy. In effect stopping the final from being full of German riders. Unfair IMO, but best for the championship i suppose, so a bit like what we have in the GP's today regarding the Polish riders.

Same with the Russians in ice-racing...

Steve

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chunky said:

Dudek - obviously...

Vaculik - deserves one after a troubled, but not totally unsuccessful year.

Pedersen - not great this year, but can still be better than the rest. I am not a fan, but he adds to the GP's.

The rest?

Zagar -  Like Pedersen, better than the rest, and undoubtedly would have qualified had he not missed Krsko.

Madsen - still not heard any specifics, but it doesn't appear he is a candidate.

Lambert - Perhaps a year early, but has the potential, I feel.

Steve

It’s between madsen or Pedersen, heard that from the horses mouth tonight and as much as I would like to see lambert does he really deserve one over smektala ? Holder cook and pawlicki are definatly out of running, dudek is one, of all agree then they will be released tomorrow night 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s between madsen or Pedersen, heard that from the horses mouth tonight and as much as I would like to see lambert does he really deserve one over smektala ? Holder cook and pawlicki are definatly out of running, dudek is one, of all agree then they will be released tomorrow night 

That's not totally surprising, although - as I said - it did seem a strange situation with Madsen; just didn't know what or who to believe!

Steve

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Have i missed something but why do people think vaclav Milik Deserves a wild card last time i looked he was 38th in the Polish League 

but 13th in the Swedish league (higher then Lambert, Dudek, Vaculik, Smektala.....)

6 hours ago, Col said:

6 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/elitserien/statystyki/2018

Now i take it not not going to respond to any of the other points because your beat and you cant you must be NP Mother anyway toodle pip off you pop 

Svemos's average is the official average (without bonus). I'm not sure where SF gets their averages but their's are not official averages.

Dudek, Nicki P, Vaculik then I think you’ll have either Fricke/Lambert for the last place 

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

vaculik dudek madsen cook or lambert need two brits in the gps

Why?? We only need two if they can compete 

From the GP Challenge

Kolodziej replaces Pawlicki

Iversen replaces Cook

Lindback replaces Holder

That's leaves 4 wild cards to replace 

Dudek

Pedersen

Vaculik

Zager

Think they could all stay, maybe Zager could be out, GP in Krsko would mean he gets that meeting Wildcard. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Why?? We only need two if they can compete 

Only said two woffinden all ready in cook or Lambert just my opinion

Edited by ray c

For me it would be

Dudek 

Vaculik

Pedersen

Madsen

Whilst Poland have great strength in depth I don't think there is a stand out Pole who is missing out due to nationality that would add a great deal. Maybe in a years time  Drabik or Smektela will be too good not to get a pick. Hampel can consider himself a bit unlucky if he's overlooked (in fact his whole career has been pretty unlucky) but I don't see him bringing that much to SGP. KK would be the other pole who again might have a case but I don't see him troubling the top 8

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Only said two woffinden all ready in cook or Lambert just my opinion

Im not questioning your opinion id like Lambert in i was asking why we NEED two?? We dont IMO we need the best 16 

• Like 1