British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Wild Cards 2019

8 hours ago, chunky said:

Dudek - obviously...

Vaculik - deserves one after a troubled, but not totally unsuccessful year.

Pedersen - not great this year, but can still be better than the rest. I am not a fan, but he adds to the GP's.

The rest?

Zagar -  Like Pedersen, better than the rest, and undoubtedly would have qualified had he not missed Krsko.

Madsen - still not heard any specifics, but it doesn't appear he is a candidate.

Lambert - Perhaps a year early, but has the potential, I feel.

Steve

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

From the GP Challenge

Kolodziej replaces Pawlicki

Iversen replaces Cook

Lindback replaces Holder

That's leaves 4 wild cards to replace 

Dudek

Pedersen

Vaculik

Zager

Think they could all stay, maybe Zager could be out, GP in Krsko would mean he gets that meeting Wildcard. 

Pretty much agree that those are who I expect.

Smektala has no chance given that Dudek is already a given, Madsen deserves a pick as best rider outside of GP this year but will probably be ignored again and whilst I’d love to see Lambert in I think Zagar will get in ahead of any other options including Fricke.

Lambert done well in the SEC and SON so don't think it's a year early.

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Pretty much agree that those are who I expect.

Smektala has no chance given that Dudek is already a given, Madsen deserves a pick as best rider outside of GP this year but will probably be ignored again and whilst I’d love to see Lambert in I think Zagar will get in ahead of any other options including Fricke.

Smektala would replace pawlicki and has probably won more medals than any other rider this year, i think he deserves it more than lambert although I would rather see lambert ,it is Pedersen or madsen not both , dudek is one , I think they will go with vaculic and Zagar but I hope for smektala and lambert, don’t think fricke will have a look in as except for another Aussie he not really on the radar ? He is great for bv but speaking to one of the deciders last night he doesn’t even watch the british league 

Guest WTF1

This whole wild card situation is ridiculous,  all year long we hear you must finish in the top 8 to guarantee your place so why don't they just make it the top 10 and the rest from the Grand Prix challenge,  unfortunately injuries are a big part of this sport and some riders are going to miss out  but I'm afraid that's the name of the game.

Dudek, Zagar, Pedersen, Lambert would be my choice with Vaculik and Fricke as the first 2 reserves.

But I think they'll go with Vaculik for Lambert

12 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Dudek, Zagar, Pedersen, Lambert would be my choice with Vaculik and Fricke as the first 2 reserves.

But I think they'll go with Vaculik for Lambert

I thought Craig cook was first reserve from the grand Prix challenge ?

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

I thought Craig cook was first reserve from the grand Prix challenge ?

I think that only counts if the one of the top 3 from the Challenge finishes in the top 8. The people who decide the wild cards also pick the 5 reserves

The challenge should be the the deciding factor. Riders already in the GP can enter the challenge and some do. It seems ridiculous that there is a qualifying system, which is fair to all but then a committee decides for political and commercial reasons not only who gets the wild cards but the reserve places as well. We need the top 8, possibly 10, plus whoever qualifies from the challenge.

Does anyone know when the wild cards will be announced? Thought Kelvin/Nigel said it would be very soon during last nights meeting.

Can see it being Dudek, Zagar, Pedersen and Vaculik. Would personally like to see Dudek, Vaculik, Madsen and a new young gun, with the only realistic options being Lambert or Fricke as they won't add any more poles. A year early for both probably but would be nice to see someone different.

As everyone has a chance to qualify on their own merit either through coming in the first eight in the Grand Prix or through the qualifying system, the picks should go to those who for some reason missed out unluckily, most probably through injury, through these methods. 

For next year that should mean that Dudek, Zagar and Vaculík are obvious choices. As for the fourth one for next year, personally I would go for either Madsen or Lambert. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, iand said:

Does anyone know when the wild cards will be announced? Thought Kelvin/Nigel said it would be very soon during last nights meeting.

Was chatting to Phil Morris on Friday night and he said they will be announced today and full calendar by Tuesday at the latest so shouldn’t be long to wait 

• Confused 1

Cant help thinking they will have at least 2 GB riders, being a fair representation for the British support.  Thinking along them lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert got the nod.  My  other three choices would be:    Dudek, Pedersen and Zagar.