British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Wild Cards 2019

2 hours ago, MARK246 said:

The way things are with the Poles being so strong as a nation, it is best, as you say, to have the wildcards. There is the possibility of six Polish riders in the GPs using SEC and U21 champions 

Despite the obvious strength of depth the Poles have only won one GP series since 1995. 

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

Despite the obvious strength of depth the Poles have only won one GP series since 1995. 

Tbh its a bit like england in the 70s...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

They might win some more if they occupy so many places. 

28 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

They might win some more if they occupy so many places. 

I'd be amazed if Zmarzlik isn't the next Polish world champion, and in the next few years. 

51 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

I'd be amazed if Zmarzlik isn't the next Polish world champion, and in the next few years. 

He needs to calm down a little, and learn to settle for second places, but I agree, he looks the pick of the current crop.

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

He needs to calm down a little, and learn to settle for second places, but I agree, he looks the pick of the current crop.

I can't see ANYONE on here disagreeing with that. Actually, yes I can... ;)

Steve

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

That was said about Gollob but it took him 10 years.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

I think Janowski .

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, iainb said:

Didn't Woffy win his 2nd championship when Emil elected not to compete? I think it was the year that Emil won the SEC, I remember thinking at the time can Woffy really claim to be World Champion when a rider of Emil's quality and the form he was in was not in the commotion... Then I thought yes he can

Didn't Woffy win his first world title when Emil got injured in the GP.  Think Emil was leading the standings going into the GP.  There isn't an asterix against his name for that championship either. :drink:

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Col said:

Had 5 mins to spare, SoN averages.

Woffinden 18 49 10.89
Hancock 6 16 10.67
Laguta 18 47 10.44
Doyle 18 43 9.56
Zagar 6 14 9.33
Milik 6 13 8.67
Jepsen Jensen 18 37 8.22
Lindgren 18 37 8.22
Huckenbeck 6 11 7.33
Janowski 12 22 7.33
Bellego 6 10 6.67
Smolinski 6 9 6
Drabik 2 3 6
Sayfutdinov 17 23 5.41
Lokatev 6 8 5.33
Lebedevs 6 8 5.33
Karpov 6 7 4.67
Franc 6 7 4.67
Lahtia 6 7 4.67
Aarnio 6 7 4.67
Lindback 18 21 4.67
Lambert 17 19 4.47
Dudek 10 11 4.4
Puodhzuks 6 6 4
Bjerre 16 16 4
Cook 1 1 4
Covatti 6 6 4
Fricke 18 13 2.89
Ivacic 3 2 2.67
Berge 6 4 2.67
Skorja 3 1 1.33
Castagne 6 2 1.33
Manzares 6 1 0.67
Chugunov 1 0 0
Jacobsen 2 0 0

Not set gates so not a great reflection.  Some riders always took the worst gates.

You also need luck in GP draws as well.  Riders have went through full seasons without having a number with 2 gate 4's etc.

3 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Didn't Woffy win his first world title when Emil got injured in the GP.  Think Emil was leading the standings going into the GP.  There isn't an asterix against his name for that championship either. :drink:

Not set gates so not a great reflection.  Some riders always took the worst gates.

You also need luck in GP draws as well.  Riders have went through full seasons without having a number with 2 gate 4's etc.

Good stats.   Do you have them for the two finals only.     Those would be more infrmative as there were no weak link teams. 

18 hours ago, Mark said:

Good stats.   Do you have them for the two finals only.     Those would be more infrmative as there were no weak link teams. 

The Germans?  I could have done it quite easily but I binned the spreadsheet.