British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Workington play off semi final first leg 12th Oct 2018 at 19-30

22 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You are not wrong Marra and consider this, Worky could have 9 meetings to fit in to the end of this season, 5 at home and 4 away, if this weekend is washed out then only available day for Worky to run this semi is 19;30 hours this Sunday (good forecast at least) and if they win the semi against Glasgow that would leave 17 days to the end of the month to run 7 meetings (with only 2 weekends) , however Ty needs the league meeting against Lakeside to get a double figure score or he has to go home to race in the Australian championships to qualify for a visa as does Mason, so both of those could miss the 26th, 27th and 28th weekend as the Australian championships have been brought forward a month apparently, meaning a requirement for guests. Glasgow don't want to race this Sunday morning if the meeting is washed out on Friday night as suggested; as they have a wedding booking using the stadium function room on the Sunday so it looks like it will have to be Monday night up there. The additional complication is flights for the Danes which will now add substantial cost to bring them in, whether in changed flights or accommodation costs over here. Starting to make that Scottish Cup match an even bigger joke, honestly you couldn't make it up. However hang in there it gets better.

So as it stands at this moment in time (however subject to change) Friday Glasgow Saturday Worky weather permitting, if both are rained off, Sunday Worky and possibly Sunday morning Glasgow but probably more like Monday night. The next complication comes out of who wins this match Worky? then Lakeside Play off Final Friday 19th (Rye) then Sat Worky double header Lakeside (if they beat Boro) Play off first then league match second (Aussie issues which I will come back to) if its Boro it will be them Friday and Saturday followed by Lakeside in the double header, then the Cup and Shield matches depending on who wins between Scunny and Boro it could be Boro Friday in the cup or Lakeside at Rye in the Shield with the return leg at Worky Saturday and if it is Scunny it could be them on the Sunday with Lakeside still on the Friday at Rye but if its Boro it could be another double header on the Saturday/Sunday and I think I have still missed out one possibility,  which could be Scunny in the cup on the Saturday if they beat Boro. Jesus no wonder Jacko hasn't got any hair. If Glasgow win the Play Off they will want to fit their Play Off final in and all of the above will go out of the window.

However and for those who haven't fell asleep or whose head's haven't exploded it will still end up Worky having to fit in 7 meetings in 14 days and with the potential of having to do without the two Aussies for the last weekend of the month due to not having attaining high enough averages. C'mon Indian Summer and two weeks of good weather!!! LOL

So just for Jenga "More to Follow" I would say

Regards
THJ

:blink: :shock: Or My God !!!! 

phew . glad its you and not me working that lot out . jseszzw

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You are not wrong Marra and consider this, Worky could have 9 meetings to fit in to the end of this season, 5 at home and 4 away, if this weekend is washed out then only available day for Worky to run this semi is 19;30 hours this Sunday (good forecast at least) and if they win the semi against Glasgow that would leave 17 days to the end of the month to run 7 meetings (with only 2 weekends) , however Ty needs the league meeting against Lakeside to get a double figure score or he has to go home to race in the Australian championships to qualify for a visa as does Mason, so both of those could miss the 26th, 27th and 28th weekend as the Australian championships have been brought forward a month apparently, meaning a requirement for guests. Glasgow don't want to race this Sunday morning if the meeting is washed out on Friday night as suggested; as they have a wedding booking using the stadium function room on the Sunday so it looks like it will have to be Monday night up there. The additional complication is flights for the Danes which will now add substantial cost to bring them in, whether in changed flights or accommodation costs over here. Starting to make that Scottish Cup match an even bigger joke, honestly you couldn't make it up. However hang in there it gets better.

So as it stands at this moment in time (however subject to change) Friday Glasgow Saturday Worky weather permitting, if both are rained off, Sunday Worky and possibly Sunday morning Glasgow but probably more like Monday night. The next complication comes out of who wins this match Worky? then Lakeside Play off Final Friday 19th (Rye) then Sat Worky double header Lakeside (if they beat Boro) Play off first then league match second (Aussie issues which I will come back to) if its Boro it will be them Friday and Saturday followed by Lakeside in the double header, then the Cup and Shield matches depending on who wins between Scunny and Boro it could be Boro Friday in the cup or Lakeside at Rye in the Shield with the return leg at Worky Saturday and if it is Scunny it could be them on the Sunday with Lakeside still on the Friday at Rye but if its Boro it could be another double header on the Saturday/Sunday and I think I have still missed out one possibility,  which could be Scunny in the cup on the Saturday if they beat Boro. Jesus no wonder Jacko hasn't got any hair. If Glasgow win the Play Off they will want to fit their Play Off final in and all of the above will go out of the window.

However and for those who haven't fell asleep or whose head's haven't exploded it will still end up Worky having to fit in 7 meetings in 14 days and with the potential of having to do without the two Aussies for the last weekend of the month due to not having attaining high enough averages. C'mon Indian Summer and two weeks of good weather!!! LOL

So just for Jenga "More to Follow" I would say

Regards
THJ

Oh dear the cat is out of the bag so to speak!

Unfortunately he doesn't just need a double figure score to get that precious seven point average, as there is a bit more to it than that I'm afraid.

Well if the season does finish God knows what team the comets may have for a final !! Just when you think speedway could not get any worse !!

Comets have been paddling there own canoe all season,the paddles have gone and the canoe is about to be taken as well, Workington must be stopped at all costs part 25

54 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Comets have been paddling there own canoe all season,the paddles have gone and the canoe is about to be taken as well, Workington must be stopped at all costs part 25

Looks like Ty suffered a painful hand injury tonight......hope he doesn't have to bail out or we are sunk.

8 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Looks like Ty suffered a painful hand injury tonight......hope he doesn't have to bail out or we are sunk.

Correction:part 26

Threads with the name " Workington " in them are turning more and more like a victims support group with Totally Honest John the martyr in chief lol . Just be grateful there isnt a promotion/relegation play off to consider as well haha . 

With son of hurricane bawbag due to hit landfall somewhere on the west of Britain on Friday morning , if it's rained off , seriously it isn't our fault , honest , we never paid for the rain to come , swear to god . 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

so , i am led to believe craig IS riding @ glasgow on friday as well as worky on saturday . strange spiel .

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

so , i am led to believe craig IS riding @ glasgow on friday as well as worky on saturday . strange spiel .

So why was the team on Glasgow's faceache page with Wells at 1 ? 

From Glasgow Facebook page 

FIXTURE UPDATE: Given the weather warning that is in place for tomorrow, it’s highly likely that our play-off fixture will be postponed. 

If this is the case, the home fixture will take place at 13:30 on Sunday.  Should our away fixture against Workington on Saturday also be cancelled, which again looks likely due to the weather, our Sunday fixture will form part of a doubleheader that day, with the return fixture taking place at 19:30 at Derwent Park. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mac101 said:

From Glasgow Facebook page 

FIXTURE UPDATE: Given the weather warning that is in place for tomorrow, it’s highly likely that our play-off fixture will be postponed. 

If this is the case, the home fixture will take place at 13:30 on Sunday.  Should our away fixture against Workington on Saturday also be cancelled, which again looks likely due to the weather, our Sunday fixture will form part of a doubleheader that day, with the return fixture taking place at 19:30 at Derwent Park. 

Honestly think that this is the first sensible statement to come out for a while, the way the whole thing is panning out is taking the shine off the achievement for me personally and spoiling what should be the build up to something special for all the clubs concerned, and I  don't just mean the fixture pile up. Add in the mix of Lakeside losing their home and the uncertainty around them, Ged announcing the Peterborough sale and what looks like him pulling the plug leaving the Panthers looking vulnerable and the predicament Worky find themselves in is leaving me quite flat, hope it wears off on the Sunday morning travelling up to Glasgow. 

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

There you go , canny beat a good old contingency plan . Good to see two clubs getting together and co-operating . 

• Like 2