British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Workington play off semi final first leg 12th Oct 2018 at 19-30

2 hours ago, jenga said:

are workington the only club traveling to away  meetings in cars ? do we really need to travel in a sardine box with other sardines when we have another mode of transport available to us  to our destination .,  its us who make sure we have wee wee stops and are in control of out road trip ?

lets just wait and see how many Glasgow sardines travel down to wucky after the mighty cornets have prob killed the tie off for the red n white  glad thats sorted , now back to the most interesting topic on this forum... THE THREE WORD GAME ...

looking forward to see how many bikes are clean @ worky on Sunday night . quite a tight schedule for the riders to prepare their gear and do the stuff  that normally takes hours op prep ±

maybe the glasgee fans don't have there own cars 

so only way they can get to away meetings is by bus

59 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

maybe the glasgee fans don't have there own cars 

so only way they can get to away meetings is by bus

There are plenty of stolen cars around Glasgow, so that's not true they belong to them until they get caught :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TigerzRus said:

Well I don't see Comet fans running supporters buses to various fixtures.. but maybe travelling all the way up to Scotland is too much hassle.   At least the Tigers travel to England (without moaning about the distance or the Facennas bank account to subsidise us).  It will be an interesting meeting ( when it does finally happen) to see how many "keyboard fanatics" actually go to a meeting.  May the best team on the nights win!

We've run buses to and many other tracks north and south...unfortunately this season has been so hit and miss with meetings getting the buses organised, money collected in to pay for them has been very tricky plus for a lot of us its working out cheaper to fill a car and drive against the cost for 2 people on the bus. 

So alas this year hasn't been great for the buses but away support has still been the same.

This will be my 3rd trip to Ashfield this year in all i have managed 12 away trips this year supporting the lads i dont think that's too shabby really. :D 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shazza13 said:

We've run buses to and many other tracks north and south...unfortunately this season has been so hit and miss with meetings getting the buses organised, money collected in to pay for them has been very tricky plus for a lot of us its working out cheaper to fill a car and drive against the cost for 2 people on the bus. 

So alas this year hasn't been great for the buses but away support has still been the same.

This will be my 3rd trip to Ashfield this year in all i have managed 12 away trips this year supporting the lads i dont think that's too shabby really. :D 

Not to shabby at all, you and supporters like you deserve great credit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Not to shabby at all, you and supporters like you deserve great credit.

See I told you , you would like us :):t:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

See I told you , you would like us :):t:

I have never not liked going back years, always enjoyed Workington and there fans.

Hopefully if the weather plays ball will see a few tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

I have never not liked going back years, always enjoyed Workington and there fans.

Hopefully if the weather plays ball will see a few tomorrow. 

I know it’s put some rain down here in Workington too ! Let’s hope it finally stops and we see some speedway tomorrow. Heading up to Glasgow weather permitting 

21 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Quite a few us driving up so we will definitely be there , shouldn’t be able to miss us :)

It will be nice seeing you..my point was that not many teams have a lot of away support due to it being up north ..safe journey x 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, geoff100 said:

As a keyboard fanatic have been to glasgow  many  times, before and after stadium improvements!  indeed without us going in our cars some clubs might allready have folded  !

I understand that..my point was that we don't often see much travelling support from away clubs.. hope you have a safe journey and may the best team win x

• Like 1

Well jel of both sets of fans hope you see two cracking safe meetings may the best team win

• Like 2

I'd like to bet that Workington have far more away fans at Glasgow than Glasgow bring to Derwent Park.

14 minutes ago, GMM said:

I'd like to bet that Workington have far more away fans at Glasgow than Glasgow bring to Derwent Park.

prob correct on both accounts . Glasgow hammer workington . Glasgow fans will not ravel because the think they cannot lose (THINK AGAIN )

or workington winn at Glasgow , they think its not worth coming down . 

think again , we need your cash LOL .

hoping for a close and safe meeting from both sides . 

see ya later ali tigers .

Edited by jenga

12 minutes ago, GMM said:

that might just depend on the result at Glasgow 

but also how many will travel down on a sunday night in iffy weather conditions when most will have work/school in the morning

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

that might just depend on the result at Glasgow 

but also how many will travel down on a sunday night in iffy weather conditions when most will have work/school in the morning

I AM NOT GOING TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY ! or work ! ! ! 

Edited by jenga

47 minutes ago, jenga said:

I AM NOT GOING TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY ! or work ! ! ! 

but you wont be traveling down from glasgee either will you