British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Workington play off semi final first leg 12th Oct 2018 at 19-30

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly think that this is the first sensible statement to come out for a while, the way the whole thing is panning out is taking the shine off the achievement for me personally and spoiling what should be the build up to something special for all the clubs concerned, and I  don't just mean the fixture pile up. Add in the mix of Lakeside losing their home and the uncertainty around them, Ged announcing the Peterborough sale and what looks like him pulling the plug leaving the Panthers looking vulnerable and the predicament Worky find themselves in is leaving me quite flat, hope it wears off on the Sunday morning travelling up to Glasgow. 

Regards
THJ

Totally agree......lets just get these two meetings on for the sake of both clubs involved , hopefully be a decent crowd at both venues , I know there's a few of us FLYING in ;) into Glasgow . Such negativity this last week for Speedway in general :unsure: god knows who will be turning up at the tapes next season . We've done soooo well this season yet we are probably ending our season with guests for Mason and Ty , a fixture pile up  ,a fight with british weather and uncertainty of our future .  Lets hope the boys and promotion get some silverware for what has been our most successful season on track and most frustrating one off !

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paulco said:

Threads with the name " Workington " in them are turning more and more like a victims support group with Totally Honest John the martyr in chief lol . Just be grateful there isnt a promotion/relegation play off to consider as well haha . 

With son of hurricane bawbag due to hit landfall somewhere on the west of Britain on Friday morning , if it's rained off , seriously it isn't our fault , honest , we never paid for the rain to come , swear to god . 

Ya not wrong Paulco and if things pan out the way people are saying it may be the case that I will be restricting myself primarily to the east coast next year possibly and Berwick might have to become my Saturday team of choice and now with having some time on my hands I might even fit in  Redcar on a Thursday (if Ged takes them on and they are still here) and of course Newcastle on the Sunday (who have confirmed they are running so something positive there) but don't worry I will still be on here as "Defender of the Faith" with "Totally Honest Opinions and Comment" fighting injustice and misinformation where ever it raises its head and don't forget the overtly defensive incorrect propaganda posted by the righteous few; but whatever happens with the sport I think personally that I will be doing a lot more miles next year than this. With so much uncertainty it will be an interesting winter ahead just to see how thing actually pan out. I honestly think we could be turning a corner although there is still some blood letting and pruning to be done before we see the "new vision" and sadly I feel there will be one or two casualties on the way. 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ya not wrong Paulco and if things pan out the way people are saying it may be the case that I will be restricting myself primarily to the east coast next year possibly and Berwick might have to become my Saturday team of choice and now with having some time on my hands I might even fit in  Redcar on a Thursday (if Ged takes them on and they are still here) and of course Newcastle on the Sunday (who have confirmed they are running so something positive there) but don't worry I will still be on here as "Defender of the Faith" with "Totally Honest Opinions and Comment" fighting injustice and misinformation where ever it raises its head and don't forget the overtly defensive incorrect propaganda posted by the righteous few; but whatever happens with the sport I think personally that I will be doing a lot more miles next year than this. With so much uncertainty it will be an interesting winter ahead just to see how thing actually pan out. I honestly think we could be turning a corner although there is still some blood letting and pruning to be done before we see the "new vision" and sadly I feel there will be one or two casualties on the way. 

Regards
THJ

Yes well how many " most important ' promoters conferences are we up to now  ? Mr Chapman and his total tranparency and simplifying the rule book .

I fear next season will just be more of the same , only with less teams to indulge in a bit of self interest . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yellow and black said:

Oh dear the cat is out of the bag so to speak!

Unfortunately he doesn't just need a double figure score to get that precious seven point average, as there is a bit more to it than that I'm afraid.

I honestly don't know the complexities of this as apparently there is more than "one type" of Visa available and I know Scunny had issues with Ryan Douglass last year who was stopped from racing this season, I thought (possibly wrongly) that Ty had a two year Visa that was dependant on him reaching a certain level (average) by the end of the first season (convert his top league average and it is above 7? Nah to easy?) which would allow him to roll into the second season without having to go through a National qualification process. I do know Ty had all sorts of issues at the start of the season with his Visa and spent a small fortune in trying to get it resolved (which he finally did). However as I understand it he needs to attain a 7 average in the Championship which is currently 6.96 and a double figure score  in his last meeting against Lakeside sorts the problem. (happy to be corrected)

However it needs saying that "I cant see it being that simple", it never is; LOL I also cant wait to see what happens if we have a hard Brexit and all these  European Riders who become "Johnny  Foreigners" overnight!!! What they will have to do? That possibly will put the cat right amongst the pigeons

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Yes well how many " most important ' promoters conferences are we up to now  ? Mr Chapman and his total transparency and simplifying the rule book .

I fear next season will just be more of the same , only with less teams to indulge in a bit of self interest . 

LOL well there were only to "fall outs" at this weeks meeting Paulco where there has been open warfare in most of the previous ones so it is settling down. (honest) Also I don't envy Chapman's job one bit "Clowns to the left of him and Jokers to the right" he doesn't stand a chance really. At least he knows who his friends are "those ones who stab him in the front rather than the back"

Regards
THJ

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

From Glasgow Facebook page 

FIXTURE UPDATE: Given the weather warning that is in place for tomorrow, it’s highly likely that our play-off fixture will be postponed. 

If this is the case, the home fixture will take place at 13:30 on Sunday.  Should our away fixture against Workington on Saturday also be cancelled, which again looks likely due to the weather, our Sunday fixture will form part of a doubleheader that day, with the return fixture taking place at 19:30 at Derwent Park. 

Anyone now want to buy my B&B booking in Workington for Saturday night? And after my correctly guessing which night would eventually be agreed between the clubs too. 

Lucky white heather! 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 1:04 PM, Paulco said:

So the slagging off that has infested multiple threads over the past fortnight can now be put to bed and we can stick to this one to slag each other off . 

Finally we can get it on ( weather permitting of course) to decide who the northern representative in the final will be . Back in June Glasgow beat the Comets 50-40 while in Cumbria the Comets won 48.5 to 41.5 . Those two scores would do us very nicely . 

Of course that was June 2018 BC ( before Cookie ) 

I'm pleased to see the Comets doing so well in 2018 AD (after Dan)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I honestly don't know the complexities of this as apparently there is more than "one type" of Visa available and I know Scunny had issues with Ryan Douglass last year who was stopped from racing this season, I thought (possibly wrongly) that Ty had a two year Visa that was dependant on him reaching a certain level (average) by the end of the first season (convert his top league average and it is above 7? Nah to easy?) which would allow him to roll into the second season without having to go through a National qualification process. I do know Ty had all sorts of issues at the start of the season with his Visa and spent a small fortune in trying to get it resolved (which he finally did). However as I understand it he needs to attain a 7 average in the Championship which is currently 6.96 and a double figure score  in his last meeting against Lakeside sorts the problem. (happy to be corrected)

However it needs saying that "I cant see it being that simple", it never is; LOL I also cant wait to see what happens if we have a hard Brexit and all these  European Riders who become "Johnny  Foreigners" overnight!!! What they will have to do? That possibly will put the cat right amongst the pigeons

Regards
THJ

As far as the double figure score goes it isn't as straight forward as merely achieving a "Double figure score".

Ty is indeed on a 6.96 average and has one more opportunity to get that magical 7.00 or over via the Lakeside League meeting. Of course if he rides in this meeting, whatever score he achieves becomes part of the 20 meetings needed to qualify at the expense of the 20th oldest figure (14 points from 6 rides) achieved against Newcastle on Oct 7th 2017.

For example, scoring 10 or even 11 points regardless of how many rides he has will not get him to 7.00.

He has to score a MINIMUM of 12 which if achieved off 4 rides will give him that elusive 7 point figure and job done!

If he drops a maximum of 1 point off his first 4 rides he can still do it by scoring 14 points off 5.

If he drops no more than 3 points from his first 4 rides he would need to have 6 rides and score a total of 15 points to get his 7.00 average.

To show how agonisingly close he is, had he scored just 1 more point in any of the last 20 qualifying meetings (With no extra rides of course), he would have a 7.00 now.

It is the strength of the meeting that drops off the scale (14 points from 6 rides back in 2017) that makes it such an uphill task to get that 7.00 figure.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Paulco said:

Threads with the name " Workington " in them are turning more and more like a victims support group with Totally Honest John the martyr in chief lol . Just be grateful there isnt a promotion/relegation play off to consider as well haha . 

With son of hurricane bawbag due to hit landfall somewhere on the west of Britain on Friday morning , if it's rained off , seriously it isn't our fault , honest , we never paid for the rain to come , swear to god . 

Paulco,  

The Facennas may not have paid for the rain but I heard from a good source that they have the powers to divert the wind and clouds. Remember Moses could part the Red Sea. If this happens there’ll be Hell and Damnation to follow or as it’s known around these parts, the BSPA agm. 

15 minutes ago, SunnyLeith said:

Paulco,  

The Facennas may not have paid for the rain but I heard from a good source that they have the powers to divert the wind and clouds. Remember Moses could part the Red Sea. If this happens there’ll be Hell and Damnation to follow or as it’s known around these parts, the BSPA agm. 

Just announced Glasgow's home leg postponed tomorrow and will be run on Sunday 13:30 with 2nd leg at Workington on Sunday at 19:30

1 hour ago, yellow and black said:

As far as the double figure score goes it isn't as straight forward as merely achieving a "Double figure score".

Ty is indeed on a 6.96 average and has one more opportunity to get that magical 7.00 or over via the Lakeside League meeting. Of course if he rides in this meeting, whatever score he achieves becomes part of the 20 meetings needed to qualify at the expense of the 20th oldest figure (14 points from 6 rides) achieved against Newcastle on Oct 7th 2017.

For example, scoring 10 or even 11 points regardless of how many rides he has will not get him to 7.00.

He has to score a MINIMUM of 12 which if achieved off 4 rides will give him that elusive 7 point figure and job done!

If he drops a maximum of 1 point off his first 4 rides he can still do it by scoring 14 points off 5.

If he drops no more than 3 points from his first 4 rides he would need to have 6 rides and score a total of 15 points to get his 7.00 average.

To show how agonisingly close he is, had he scored just 1 more point in any of the last 20 qualifying meetings (With no extra rides of course), he would have a 7.00 now.

It is the strength of the meeting that drops off the scale (14 points from 6 rides back in 2017) that makes it such an uphill task to get that 7.00 figure.

you know your stuff buddy ,   i am just going with what you posted . speedway is mot THAT confusing at all , issit ?

• Like 1

Is their anyone independant up their to verify that decision? Or is a buy craig more time decision.?

32 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Where is the track covers the club purchased?

Cleator  moor  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Makes sense with the forecast... maybe its buying Ty time too..did u think of that??  #justsaying!  Makes sense to me when forecast for Friday and Saturday is crap... makes for a grand day on Sunday for all.

• Like 1