British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

22 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

I’d have rode in the Tomasz Gollob meeting. The guy at his best was breathtaking. He is as iconic as any of the names in history. The guy was so skilful on a bike. Barry Briggs and terry Betts were at lynn 1 day and randomly walking around the stadium talking to fans as they did, and Barry spoke to me of his admiration of Gollob and how in his mind he’s one of the greats. This wasn’t just any riders benefit meeting. It was an icons.

why are we talking of building to championship level averages again. There is no daft draft system to make that necessary, infact the championship should be built to the premiership converted averages and then halved so the conversion rate is 50% like it was in the early 2000s pl build to 45 (averages including Bonus points) cl built to 22.5. That would lessen the double ups because no rider with a pl average over 6 would be worth considering there would also be more emphasis on signing a good nl rider to come in on a 1.00 average. It sounds complicated but it’s really not and organically the system would return to pl and cl averages after a season.

you would end up with affordable teams in the cl. And any that want the big riders would need to step up

Not to far off my thinking but I'd say convert to Championship is more accurate of ability. What I mean by that is any rider that has a Premiership average has their average converted to Championship. That includes rider's who ride in the Championship. They have to use their converted Premiership average.

As an example, instead of Rory Schlein having a Championship average as it currently stands at 8.59, if you convert his Premiership average he'd be 10.40.

That would make rider's that really shouldn't be in the Championship less attractive. 

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not to far off my thinking but I'd say convert to Championship is more accurate of ability. What I mean by that is any rider that has a Premiership average has their average converted to Championship. That includes rider's who ride in the Championship. They have to use their converted Premiership average.

As an example, instead of Rory Schlein having a Championship average as it currently stands at 8.59, if you convert his Premiership average he'd be 10.40.

That would make rider's that really shouldn't be in the Championship less attractive. 

Didnt they do this last year?

41 minutes ago, therefused said:

Didnt they do this last year?

Not quite. Rider's that were in both leagues kept their Championship averages. In my opinion, rider's in both leagues should have their Premiership average converted regardless. It's a truer reflection of their standards.

Lambert has to be looking at being based in Germany and dropping Britain with all the leagues and competitions he has lined up next year.

Iversen on a modest average has to be a bargain but now back in the GP will he want to ride here now as he has missed previous seasons to concentrate on other fixtures. 

Jorgensen, Proctor and Palm-Toft have to be back as the backbone and if there is anything in them getting Doyle who lives close by, they should get it sorted asap

33 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Lambert has to be looking at being based in Germany and dropping Britain with all the leagues and competitions he has lined up next year.

Iversen on a modest average has to be a bargain but now back in the GP will he want to ride here now as he has missed previous seasons to concentrate on other fixtures. 

Jorgensen, Proctor and Palm-Toft have to be back as the backbone and if there is anything in them getting Doyle who lives close by, they should get it sorted asap

Lambert already agreed to sign for Swindon as a full asset with Doyle signing for Stars. Will be announced next week.

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Lambert already agreed to sign for Swindon as a full asset with Doyle signing for Stars. Will be announced next week.

In your dreams I suspect. There is unlikely to even be a Swindon to join next year.

Edited by waytogo28
correction

10 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

You are a dreamer grow up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

When its announced feel free to celebrate but Britains top prospect at present joining a track with an unsecured future isn't going to be on his priorities considering all his contracts for 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lambert No1 next year, if you read the programme from last nights second KOC leg Lambert says “it’s the happiest he’s ever felt at Kings Lynn and he definitely hopes they can sort something out pretty quickly to get him back here next year” that will be awesome to build around him and I would definitely have Riss back as a 3-4 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MParkins52 said:

Lambert No1 next year, if you read the programme from last nights second KOC leg Lambert says “it’s the happiest he’s ever felt at Kings Lynn and he definitely hopes they can sort something out pretty quickly to get him back here next year” that will be awesome to build around him and I would definitely have Riss back as a 3-4 

If the Prem survives, i'd have Lambo back, no probs. He's a crowd pleaser and on the up.

Riss is great at Lynn, less so away, having said that, he's on the up as well imho. If you look at T.J 6.29,  Ty on 6.57, and Riss on 6.08, i'd take Erik. For me, and it might sound harsh, but TJ and Ty have hit their level, and on a higher average as well as not being as strong as Riss at home..

I might be in "Poole" mode tonight, but that's my view :t:

• Like 1

Was told NKI was the only rider who did not attend the end of season party apart from Proctor who  was riding. true or false?

20 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Was told NKI was the only rider who did not attend the end of season party apart from Proctor who  was riding. true or false?

I'll assume he didn't as there have been no howls of protest to my post:P

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'll assume he didn't as there have been no howls of protest to my post:P

I thought there were some photos on Twitter from the night, but I kinda just scrolled past without taking much interest ;)