On 10/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, 1984Star said:

6 man teams

1 R.Lambert (9.31)

2 T.Jorgensen (6.27)

3 T.Proctor (6.57)

4 Lewis Kerr (5.62) or MPT (5.65)

5 Erik Riss (6.08)

Another depending on averages

If the Premiership goes to 6 the team average should remain the same at least at 42.5.

1. Robert Lambert 9.31

2. Hans Andersen 7.56

3. Niels K Iversen 7.36

4. Ty Proctor 6.57

5. Eric Riss 6.08

6. Lewis Kerr 5.62

Ave 42.47

I think i may wait now until we get confirmation of points limit etc.One thing though NKI does appeal a bit only because of his relatively low average.Wouldn't want to see him go to a rival and score big points on such a low average.But the question remains could he score consistently good again.The fact from this season he was very poor especially at home,to be frank at times a little embarrassing to see him struggle the way he did and getting beat from the lesser likes quite easy.The return of the old NKI would be big,big plus for whoever he rides for,if indeed he rides in the UK.

I can only think that Niels has had more trouble with the grippy AFA track than anyone has admitted to as in the past he has been fantastic round Saddlebow Road, a points machine and able to make up ground and pass other riders, the same away from home.  I, too, would hate to see him go and be back to his best for another team.  Reminds me of Rory Schlein’s awful year at Lynn following his huge injuries, then the next year was on top form for Wolves.

As always I’m sitting on the fence and waiting to see what happens, as long as Dale is back on board for 2019 we can be sure of a 100%er team again :)

I’d like to hear from all you Lynn fans regards the supporters club and ideas for 2019 :D  We are hoping to do some rider nights as we know these are popular so watch this space on that one :D  But what about something different on race nights?  Health and safety stops us doing some stuff but I feel we need to up a gear next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

I will be surprised if NKI decides to ride over here next year now he's back in the GP's.

He usually says he likes to have a really busy racing calendar, we will see... 

It's a bit of a funny one for me if i'm honest. I know he has been loyal over the years. While I wouldn't like another team to benefit form his lowish average, he has looked very tentative at times this season and it isn't like him at all, he used to ride Lynn with such confidence :cry: Something isn't right, but I guess only he knows the problem might be. He should be ripping it up in this league.

Would I have him back in 2019. I would, but would want to hear from him first as to why his form/confidence seems to have gone missing at times. Surely his shoulder is ok now ?. Is he just on the slide a tad at nearly 37. Slow bikes ? Who knows.

Edited by Bald Bloke

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's a bit of a funny one for me if i'm honest. I know he has been loyal over the years. While I wouldn't like another team to benefit form his lowish average, he has looked very tentative at times this season and it isn't like him at all, he used to ride Lynn with such confidence :cry: Something isn't right, but I guess only he knows the problem might be. He should be ripping it up in this league.

Would I have him back in 2019. I would, but would want to hear from him first as to why his form/confidence seems to have gone missing at times. Surely his shoulder is ok now ?. Is he just on the slide a tad at nearly 37. Slow bikes ? Who knows.

Does he not live in Norfolk with his partner and child/children.

If that's the case then can't help thinking its partly to do with giving him a chance to be home with family in UK and KL being local it also helps pay his travelling expenses to get to and from UK with the added sponsorship he also gets. Maybe also contributes to some of his other travelling expenses between UK/SWE/DK & Poland.

If we assume the big bucks comes from POL and then Swe in that order then what he  earns in UK probably pays for various travelling costs around Europe, and DK he rides in as it allows him to qualify for the DK Championships which helps him to qualify for the SGP qualifiers which helped him get into the SGP for next year. DK will always have a priority as without DK his route into the SGP would not happen as doubt he would get a wild card as the years roll on.

If it  wasnt for his family being here chances are he wouldnt ride here. When you think about it makes sense, plus if you are riding in the more financially lucrative POL/SWE leagues and DK meets the criteria for possible SGP qualification, would you bust a gut in your twilight years looking at the amount of injuries that have been incurred on poorly prepared/quality UK tracks. Look at the amount of injuries this year alone in UK and what happened in the play offs & finals as well as the KO Cup. No wonder he doesn't maybe go all in as he perhaps would in POL/SWE.

Niels has made no secret of the fact that his shoulder injury has plagued his season. Yes he has been a shadow of his former self and it's been difficult to watch him struggle so much at times. I know for a fact that he has been asking Buster repeatedly to make the track slicker at Kings Lynn but his request fell on deaf ears, mainly because most of the other riders like it grippy. He has always looked better in heats 13 & 15 compared to the earlier heats as the track has lost some of it's grip. If he recovers fully, he'll be on a steel of an average in 2019 and i understand he IS keen on a return. 

• Like 1

Iversen will be 37 next season. The expectations of the invincible Iversen in British Speedway are over. Still class at times but duff meetings are to be expected. Iversen in 2019 will do well to maintain his current average of 7.36 imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Stag said:

Niels has made no secret of the fact that his shoulder injury has plagued his season. Yes he has been a shadow of his former self and it's been difficult to watch him struggle so much at times. I know for a fact that he has been asking Buster repeatedly to make the track slicker at Kings Lynn but his request fell on deaf ears, mainly because most of the other riders like it grippy. He has always looked better in heats 13 & 15 compared to the earlier heats as the track has lost some of it's grip. If he recovers fully, he'll be on a steel of an average in 2019 and i understand he IS keen on a return. 

I think this grippy track syndrome is a fallacy of Buster thinking.   His believes  that it helps the Stars to win, but does more damage to the sport than anything else.  It turns meeting into processions and riders lose their ability to race.     Niels has openly said he dislikes grippy tracks so if Buster continues making the AFA that way then it pointless  signing riders like Niels...  

Its about time he realised,  fans want watch excitement, not this follow the leader rubbish.,,,    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I think this grippy track syndrome is a fallacy of Buster thinking.   His believes  that it helps the Stars to win, but does more damage to the sport than anything else.  It turns meeting into processions and riders lose their ability to race.     Niels has openly said he dislikes grippy tracks so if Buster continues making the AFA that way then it pointless  signing riders like Niels...  

Its about time he realised,  fans want watch excitement, not this follow the leader rubbish.

The last two years and the lack of more than a race or two per match at King's Lynn with good racing has killed off my interest in watching speedway in the flesh ( I am unable to watch anywhere other than at King's Lynn ) but I have discovered that speedway racing is alive alive well in Poland, the GPs and sometimes in Sweden too. The only place I have seen more than a couple of exciting races in a match in the UK is at the NSS ( on TV ). The tapes to flag processions ( after the 2nd bend ) at Saddlebow Rd really have made me rarely look forward to thinking I might go to a match there. Throw in the dreadful doubleheaders ( against the same opposition ) and my desire was quenched. Buster controls KLS and how it is run and seemingly still dominates UK speedway.

So, Yes! it's about time he realised, fans want excitement, not this follow the leader rubbish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Its about time he realised,  fans want watch excitement, not this follow the leader rubbish.,,,    

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

The last two years and the lack of more than a race or two per match at King's Lynn with good racing has killed off my interest in watching speedway in the flesh ( I am unable to watch anywhere other than at King's Lynn ) but I have discovered that speedway racing is alive alive well in Poland, the GPs and sometimes in Sweden too. The only place I have seen more than a couple of exciting races in a match in the UK is at the NSS ( on TV ). The tapes to flag processions ( after the 2nd bend ) at Saddlebow Rd really have made me rarely look forward to thinking I might go to a match there. Throw in the dreadful doubleheaders ( against the same opposition ) and my desire was quenched. Buster controls KLS and how it is run and seemingly still dominates UK speedway.

So, Yes! it's about time he realised, fans want excitement, not this follow the leader rubbish. 

Whether the track is grippy or slick it's exactly the same. No racing. The racing has been dire for a long time and without Robert Lambert's races from the back there's nothing worth watching.

The poor racing has nothing to do with the rider's. Jorgensen, Riss, MPT and of course Robert Lambert are racers. It is the track which comes down to the delusional owner. For me, Buster is dragging the club down and needs to step aside full time. Put the Speedway up for rent and allow the King's Lynn Stars to get back to where it should be. 

• Thanks 1

Surely if one rider ie Lambert can race on the track,and his races are exciting when he misses the gate,every rider should in theory be able to do the same.

Danny you say it doesn't matter if the track is slick or grippy,how would you suggest do the track then to make better racing.I wouldn't have a clue to be honest with not ever having to prepare a track for speedway racing before:rolleyes:

On 10/25/2018 at 10:32 AM, John Scrutton said:

Would like to see Michel Palm Toft back for 2019

Too true John! A key man during 2018,  a MUST as far as I'm concerned for next year, as long as his Danish committments don't cause issues with him missing key matches.

The "Danish" situation caused problems this year, so we don't really need a repeat of that.