British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

7 minutes ago, Col said:

8:00 I'd guess.

Wouldn't be for me on an 8 at his age, and stage of career. To expensive  probably too.

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Iversen I'm sure will return to the Panthers which will be about right if we keep Robert.

In 2019, how would you love to see this team? These averages are adjusted for rider's that came through the NL with 2.5% removed from their 2018 averages.

1. J.Doyle 9.57

2. L.Kerr 5.48

3. E.Riss 6.08 

4. J.Auty 4.60

5. R.Lambert 9.08

6. K.Andersen 4.00

7. S.Nielsen 3.58

Ave: 42.39

Would be ok in heats 13 and 15, but I would worry about the engine room and the reserves tbh.

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Would be ok in heats 13 and 15, but I would worry about the engine room and the reserves tbh.

I'll make a change, bear with!!

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wouldn't be for me on an 8 at his age, and stage of career. To expensive  probably too.

So what average do you believe Pedersen would be?

His 10.46 average with Eastbourne in 2007 cannot surely be valid!

9 minutes ago, Col said:

So what average do you believe Pedersen would be?

His 10.46 average with Eastbourne in 2007 cannot surely be valid!

As mentioned it could be an 8, who knows. But I can't see it being lower than 8, and I wouldn't want him on an 8 myself .

More solid throughout but I'm struggling to find an outstanding 2ns heatleader with rider's already expected to be elsewhere. I'm certain Ellis will be Swindon or Poole on his average too.

With strength in depth the key Lambert might just be to costly unless you find 2 rider's with an 8+ average. 

1. R.Lambert 9.08

2. L.Kerr 5.48

3. A.Ellis 6.23

4. E.Riss 6.08

5. T.Proctor 6.57

6. P.Starke 4.95

7. K.Andersen 4.00

Ave: 42.39

1. Lambert= 9.08

2. Riss= 6.08 

3. Bjerre= 7.16 

4. THJ= 4.64 

5 NKI= 7.36 

6 Jye Etheridge = 4.15 

7. Daniel Kaczmarek= 4.00   (announced that he intends to ride in the Prem) 

As much as I'd love to see Doyle and Lambert together, that would leave us far too weak elsewhere. I'd like us to try and build the team in the same way as we did last season.

A strong number 1, a decent number 5 to provide support in heats 13 & 15, two dependable solid middle order (5.5 to 6.5 types) and a strong reserve. Lambert looks nailed on. Certainly more positive than things were this time last season with him.

Lambert and Iversen would be a decent start though I wonder if Niels might head back to Peterborough. Don't think he looked confident at the AFA at all last season.

Don't think many would be upset to see any of Proctor, Jorgensen, Palm Toft or Riss back but unlikely we'd be able to fit all in. Our final team average was 44.24 so we've got to lose 1.74 somewhere down the line. I imagine of the 4, Proctor would be most vulnerable as he has the highest average.

Not done the maths, but with a British reduction of 2.5% for Lambert and Kerr, would the following fit?

Lambert
Palm Toft
Riss
Jorgensen
Iversen
Kerr
Whatever is left?

EDIT - In answer to my own question - NO

That 6 come to 39.92 by my quick calculations so not enough for a 3.00 pointer at the bottom.

Edited by Speedball

Jonasson won't do a full season in the UK, surely.

Lebedevs might, he's back at Lokomotiv Daugavpils in the Polish Nice League 1 and after winning the SEC in 2017 had a poor season last year.  No idea what his average would be.

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Jonasson won't do a full season in the UK, surely.

Lebedevs might, he's back at Lokomotiv Daugavpils in the Polish Nice League 1 and after winning the SEC in 2017 had a poor season last year.  No idea what his average would be.

AJ as in lakeside hammer. I doubt he comes back. He is doing 2 leagues in Sweden and Lublin om Poland. 

Lebedevs might just be too busy trying to do SGP qualifiers etc. He still has Sweden as well. But surely a 7 would  be the highest he could come in on. 

1 hour ago, Col said:

8:00 I'd guess.

I would take him on that,out of the Gp's but would still have plenty to offer.Would scare the living daylights out of some of the riders here:shock:.Didn't he say he wanted a new challenge and didn't he finish top or very near top of the Polish averages.If that was the case he definitely isn't done yet.

Nico Covatti on 4.70 would be good signing considering his appearances with Somerset last season, but can't see him being anywhere other than Ipswich.

12 hours ago, poolebolton said:

AJ as in lakeside hammer. I doubt he comes back.

AJ? Never mentioned Jonsson, he has no link with the Stars I know of. You put THJ in a potential Star, I said Jonasson wouldn't do a full UK season. Has he ever before?