British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

20 hours ago, Speedball said:

As much as I'd love to see Doyle and Lambert together, that would leave us far too weak elsewhere. I'd like us to try and build the team in the same way as we did last season.

A strong number 1, a decent number 5 to provide support in heats 13 & 15, two dependable solid middle order (5.5 to 6.5 types) and a strong reserve. Lambert looks nailed on. Certainly more positive than things were this time last season with him.

Lambert and Iversen would be a decent start though I wonder if Niels might head back to Peterborough. Don't think he looked confident at the AFA at all last season.

Don't think many would be upset to see any of Proctor, Jorgensen, Palm Toft or Riss back but unlikely we'd be able to fit all in. Our final team average was 44.24 so we've got to lose 1.74 somewhere down the line. I imagine of the 4, Proctor would be most vulnerable as he has the highest average.

Not done the maths, but with a British reduction of 2.5% for Lambert and Kerr, would the following fit?

Lambert
Palm Toft
Riss
Jorgensen
Iversen
Kerr
Whatever is left?

EDIT - In answer to my own question - NO

That 6 come to 39.92 by my quick calculations so not enough for a 3.00 pointer at the bottom.

Would thj or kai and Kasper Andersen fit in place of Kerr.?

9 hours ago, Col said:

AJ? Never mentioned Jonsson, he has no link with the Stars I know of. You put THJ in a potential Star, I said Jonasson wouldn't do a full UK season. Has he ever before?

THJ has tweeted that he is looking for a 2019 British place as he hasn't got a ride in his native Sweden  - in either of their leagues. He's only currently signed up for a Polish lower division place.

I would like to see Kerr back again but they would have to make sure that he had FULLY recovered from his bad injuries that he got this year i think that I heard he was having a hard time

getting himself fit again. 

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

THJ has tweeted that he is looking for a 2019 British place as he hasn't got a ride in his native Sweden  - in either of their leagues. He's only currently signed up for a Polish lower division place.

That’s because he is gash.  If you can’t get signed up in either of your home leagues - that speaks volumes (although probably wants too much dosh for his current abilities!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Col said:

AJ? Never mentioned Jonsson, he has no link with the Stars I know of. You put THJ in a potential Star, I said Jonasson wouldn't do a full UK season. Has he ever before?

Sorry Col, 

Got confused so used to THJ and Jonasson being separate. 

THJ is thinking he is better than he is from the sounds of things.  But on that average must be worth it. In fact I’m amazed a champ team hasn’t tried it. Would be on 6.96. 

12 hours ago, Steve0 said:

That’s because he is gash.  If you can’t get signed up in either of your home leagues - that speaks volumes (although probably wants too much dosh for his current abilities!

Wasn't Andy Smith British champion only having a Polish club for 3 years?

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Danny Connor said:

Lambert and iversen for me. Then Riss and Jorgensen . Then what fits

Don't know how this fits but I'd like to see

Robert Lambert

Erik Riss

Max Drabik

Michael Palm Toft

Steve Worrall

Rasmus Jensen

Drew Kemp

11 minutes ago, First Bend Bunching said:

Robert Lambert

Erik Riss

Max Drabik

Michael Palm Toft

Steve Worrall

Rasmus Jensen

Drew Kemp

Drew kemp can’t ride premiership

14 minutes ago, First Bend Bunching said:

Robert Lambert

Erik Riss

Max Drabik

Michael Palm Toft

Steve Worrall

Rasmus Jensen

Drew Kemp

If Drew Kemp turns out in the Kings Lynn line up Id say there would be a significant number of Witches fans that would boycott Foxhall in protest as it would be obvious that the new set up is skewed and corrupt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Drew Kemp turns out in the Kings Lynn line up Id say there would be a significant number of Witches fans that would boycott Foxhall in protest as it would be obvious that the new set up is skewed and corrupt

He has stated he won’t ride in the premiership. Also his average in the champ isn’t high enough yet. 

So he would come in on a 3 Yet his average in champ would be 2. 

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Drew kemp can’t ride premiership

That has been quoted by Louis and Hawkins but other opinions condradict those statements

To take the 'achieved average' statement literally would mean no new riders being allowed

No new Aussies

No new Poles

No new Danes

No new Swedes

None of those have achieved an average of 3 so would not be allowed

I think it just means the floor is set at 3 and Drew would be a 3 despite qualifying to be a 2 in the Championship

To be otherwise would be self defeating in the aim to help progression of British riders

Just now, poolebolton said:

He has stated he won’t ride in the premiership. Also his average in the champ isn’t high enough yet. 

So he would come in on a 3 Yet his average in champ would be 2. 

As good a prospect as he is it would not be right for him to jump straight in to the top league IMO anyway

A great shame us Witches fans are unlikely to see the continuation of his progress in Witches colours immediately but what is best for Drew is more important

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That has been quoted by Louis and Hawkins but other opinions condradict those statements

To take the 'achieved average' statement literally would mean no new riders being allowed

No new Aussies

No new Poles

No new Danes

No new Swedes

None of those have achieved an average of 3 so would not be allowed

I think it just means the floor is set at 3 and Drew would be a 3 despite qualifying to be a 2 in the Championship

To be otherwise would be self defeating in the aim to help progression of British riders

Very fair point. I know Edinburgh released this quote below. I appreciate its championship but it must be something. 

New foreigner riders will enter the league with a 5 point average if they have ridden in a professional league - Denmark, Poland or Sweden - before and 4 if they have not."

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It won't happen .....

• Like 1