British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I was thinking the same re Kerr's fitness,but i see he has a team place at Eastbourne in the Championship.So Eastbourne and himself of course must be confident he will be fully fit for the new season.

Id be pretty confident saying Kerr will be one of the fittest riders in the country come tapes up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Id be pretty confident saying Kerr will be one of the fittest riders in the country come tapes up.

I saw him in hobbling  along at the play off semi, I think he had a walking stick, and he looked like he had a way to go then. It's a mental thing as well, as you know. I hope he is fully fit and has a good 2019, wherever he rides :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Agree,let him have a season elsewhere to see how he goes in readiness for 2020 maybe.Jake Allen would be my ideal rider to have in the team at reserve,on a bargain 4.56 average.What i see of him,especially at the end of the season i think he could put 1.5 points on his starting average.

I reckon Jake Allen will end up at Poole

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I reckon Jake Allen will end up at Poole

Would make a great pairing at reserve with Covatti.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Would make a great pairing at reserve with Covatti.

Agree with that

As a Witches fan that was a pairing I wouldve been very happy with

Aw well never mind.....

3 hours ago, KLFAN said:

How about the following team for 2019

Lambert 8.91

Iversen 7.38

Riss 6.08

R Worrall 5.60

Kerr 5.50

Palm Toft 5.36

Nielsen 3.58

Total 42.41

Be nice if we had Cook for NKI and Allen for Lewis...  We can only dream ;)

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Be nice if we had Cook for NKI and Allen for Lewis...  We can only dream ;)

Be difficult to talk to Iversen, just got married, be difficult to get his head out of the clouds for a while.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Be difficult to talk to Iversen, just got married, be difficult to get his head out of the clouds for a while.

head out of the .....oh clouds :wink: Best give him a week then he will have plenty of time to talk from the dog house (or is that just me)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

head out of the .....oh clouds :wink: Best give him a week then he will have plenty of time to talk from the dog house (or is that just me)

Just you! Have you seen her? wow !

Can’t see there being any new faces as such. Sure Robert will be back and I’d be very surprised if Erik, MPT and Kasper aren’t included.

I expect the team will be very similar to last season with obviously one or two changes max.

• Like 1

If I was a betting man, I’d say that the 2019 team will be made up entirely of riders who rode for us in 2018.

My concern there is I don’t see anyone on an especially bargain average with scope for adding a point or two onto it.

Someone is going to need to step into the 2nd heatleader if as I suspect, Niels moves on.

32 minutes ago, Speedball said:

If I was a betting man, I’d say that the 2019 team will be made up entirely of riders who rode for us in 2018.

My concern there is I don’t see anyone on an especially bargain average with scope for adding a point or two onto it.

Someone is going to need to step into the 2nd heatleader if as I suspect, Niels moves on.

I wouldn't knock it as they were top of the actual League and arguably injury cost them in the finals of the Play offs and KO Cup.

One could say why change a winning formula as they were on a roll second half of the season.

Problem is they have to lose that 1.17 over the limit on last seasons final GSA. Meaning even if they lose NKI they would have to replace with a rider with a max GSA of 6.21. Personally don't think that would be the end of the World IF last seasons other 6 rode to the form they did second half of 2018. Problem is can't see much at that kind of GSA on currenty Final GSA list.. Maybe Bellego at 6.11 but let's be honest he is no NKI. But change/changes have to be made whatever team is chosen for 2019.

The sport can be so cruel. So close and injuries at the worse possible stage cost them dearly, plus to add insult to injury they have to shed 1.17 for this season.

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

Think you are right. I reckon it will be :- R. Lambert, Kerr, Proctor, Jorgensen, Riss, MPT and K.Andersen at reserve. A better heat leader short if you ask me but if they can stay clear of injuries this time around who knows!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I wouldn't knock it as they were top of the actual League and arguably injury cost them in the finals of the Play offs and KO Cup.

One could say why change a winning formula as they were on a roll second half of the season.

Problem is they have to lose that 1.17 over the limit on last seasons final GSA. Meaning even if they lose NKI they would have to replace with a rider with a max GSA of 6.21. Personally don't think that would be the end of the World IF last seasons other 6 rode to the form they did second half of 2018. Problem is can't see much at that kind of GSA on currenty Final GSA list.. Maybe Bellego at 6.11 but let's be honest he is no NKI. But change/changes have to be made whatever team is chosen for 2019.

The sport can be so cruel. So close and injuries at the worse possible stage cost them dearly, plus to add insult to injury they have to shed 1.17 for this season.

I get what you mean but if you compare the team building to last season, you could obvious average increases in in Lambert, Proctor & Jorgensen for example. Not sure I see any big improvers for next season though.

Love them or hate them, Poole are successful because they assemble sides with riders who are likely to increase their averages. Covatti a recent prime example. 

For me, the rider with the biggest scope to improve on last season is Niels if his shoulder is fully sorted, but as I said, I don’t see him being back.