British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

10 hours ago, semion said:

I remember being at his debut meeting for The Young Stars.  Can’t remember who the opposition were.  Anybody ?  

His debut meeting was 5th June 2013 against Buxton he scored 5 wins and a last

his next meeting, against Stoke on 19th June 20+1 paid max plus track record 59.50

Was Charles Wright in the Buxton line-up ?as I seem recall a few decent battles between Lambert and Wright

I think the King's Lynn team has been sorted,just going by a quote i have seen by Brundle somewhere can't remember where now,old age and all that;)

Edited by tellboy

3 hours ago, semion said:

Was Charles Wright in the Buxton line-up ?as I seem recall a few decent battles between Lambert and Wright

3 hours ago, semion said:

Yes Wright scored 17 Robert was on a max but in the final race mucked up the start and first bend and just wheelied round at the back

With the team Peterborough are putting together I'd be concerned as a Stars fan.

If we go with a similar team to last year less Iversen we'll be in serious trouble. The 2019 team needs to pull a rabbit out the hat to partner Robert.

Buster builds a better team at a rival club will not go down well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

With the team Peterborough are putting together I'd be concerned as a Stars fan.

If we go with a similar team to last year less Iversen we'll be in serious trouble. The 2019 team needs to pull a rabbit out the hat to partner Robert.

Dont worry at least you will still be able to laugh at us in Ipswich

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Dont worry at least you will still be able to laugh at us in Ipswich

That's always true, but what about the Speedway team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2018 at 9:22 AM, Daniel Smith said:

When you consider some of the other teams so far, going with 1 heatleader will be a disaster 

That's probably still one more heat leader than the Witches are gonna get at this rate.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Buster won't be building a team at Ipswich or Peterborough.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, John Scrutton said:

Good team but a lot will depend on the fitness of Kerr.  if he has fully recovered it could be strong enough.

Its my belief had we kept Rose,  and Kerr not been injured, there would not have been Riss or MPT.      It was only when these two were co-opted into the team did we start to perform last year.    To consider Kerr  in the team from the off, will only be based on sentiment .   There must be far better riders on a lower average than Lewis.  He should be farmed out until,  he has again proved himself fit for the task...   He's had too many bad accidents to keep coming back and putting it on the line.  

I admire his fighting attitude,  but sometimes you have to be sensible....   but you don't win anything carrying riders,  especially those weighed down with injury history,,,

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, Bald Bloke said:

That would be some comeback at 59:blink:

Riss stormed it at home but was adrift at Poole when it mattered

I'm pretty sure your team is this 

Lambert 

Riss

MPT 

Jorgensen

Proctor

Kerr

Andersen 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Buster won't be building a team at Ipswich or Peterborough.

I understand that, but he's responsible for the funding of these teams and has to be consulted. 

Thus meaning he is fully in the knowledge that his own club could be in a weaker position team wise.

No doubt King's Lynn are going back down the route again of being to nice to rider's, rather than putting together a team of the best rider's available. Loyalty will not give you entertainment or trophies. 

For me, Robert, Erik, Ty are all that should remain from 2018, the rest I can't see improvement in their averages.