British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

18 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

well over the 42.50 

not the with the reductions for british riders. i think it brings it just under. 

41 minutes ago, therefused said:

not the with the reductions for british riders. i think it brings it just under. 

I make it 42.62 

would be a good team tho 

Sorry hadn’t reduced Wright’s average by the 2.5% which now adds up to 42.49 so yes you’re right in saying it’s just under. It would mean Wright would start at reserve and we would always have a strong reserve no matter who dropped down, definitely the best team I’ve seen so far. 

We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by Clive Ward
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, therefused said:

Lambert

Riss

Jorgensen

Michael Palm Toft

Iversen

Charles Wright

Stefan Nielsen

This team is definitely the best team I’ve seen posted on this forum so far

1. We keep five riders from last years team 

2. The two new riders have plenty of potential to increase their starting average

3. The other five riders could and should improve on their starting average 

4. NKI, Wright and Riss are all capable of upping their average by a whole point each

No doubt I’ve made a mistake on somebody’s average and this team won’t fit but you never know!

• Like 1

When I said it was the best team I’ve seen so far I meant it was the best King’s Lynn team I’d seen and I should have said thread not forum, my apologies 

9 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Must be getting old,  what atrocious decisions were they then ? I honestly can’t think of any.

Agreeing to let Poole use an illegal rider in the second leg was a terrible decision,      Using a guest at home, rather  then having our own riders on R/R,  who were all on song hurt us big time.  That heat 12 decision was likes a Ref scoring a hattrick at Wembley,  yet our TM excepted it as a bad call,  as  if it was nothing.   Had that been the other way round, Middlo would have done his nut...…      

What about Neil's saying he wanted to ride in the second leg,  only to be told we have a guest booked...….     Need I go on....  

39 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

When I said it was the best team I’ve seen so far I meant it was the best King’s Lynn team I’d seen and I should have said thread not forum, my apologies 

Looks good, and can see Wright and MPT swapping places a few times. Would always have a top reserve. Who knows. I'll be gutted if the Panthers field a better team than Lynn if i'm honest :blink:

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looks good, and can see Wright and MPT swapping places a few times. Would always have a top reserve. Who knows. I'll be gutted if the Panthers field a better team than Lynn if i'm honest :blink:

Well best start getting use to being gutted as if the team I heard today is the team we will be getting hammered by Peterbough no back up rider to help lambert  in heat 13-15

2 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Well best start getting use to being gutted as if the team I heard today is the team we will be getting hammered by Peterbough no back up rider to help lambert  in heat 13-15

If that's the case I hope for Busters sake the other 2 get good crowds ;)

26 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Agreeing to let Poole use an illegal rider in the second leg was a terrible decision,      Using a guest at home, rather  then having our own riders on R/R,  who were all on song hurt us big time.  That heat 12 decision was likes a Ref scoring a hattrick at Wembley,  yet our TM excepted it as a bad call,  as  if it was nothing.   Had that been the other way round, Middlo would have done his nut...…      

What about Neil's saying he wanted to ride in the second leg,  only to be told we have a guest booked...….     Need I go on....  

there comes a time when one needs to look forward, not back

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I heard similar lynnboy.I would prefer a couple of big hitters myself.The way i will take heart from this if it is to be the case,is we only have to look back at the 2018 season.We only started with one big hitter then in Iversen,and only ended up with one in Lambert.We just need someone else to stand up and be counted for the vital big heats.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

I heard similar lynnboy.I would prefer a couple of big hitters myself.The way i will take heart from this if it is to be the case,is we only have to look back at the 2018 season.We only started with one big hitter then in Iversen,and only ended up with one in Lambert.We just need someone else to stand up and be counted for the vital big heats.

I just can’t see how proctor and Jorgensen will improve there average we would of been better getting one of either  cook or iversen in to back up lambert and ano 

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

Wright will be at Peterborough 

Is at ;)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I just can’t see how proctor and Jorgensen will improve there average we would of been better getting one of either  cook or iversen in to back up lambert and ano 

Agree totally.Personally i think Proctor will be the one to struggle to improve on his average.Think the rest can all improve a bit.Lambert may struggle as he achieved such a good average last season but you always need at least one big hitter.As i said in an earlier post though,we did only have one big hitter all last season.So we will need one of the others to step up for the big heats next season.Hopefully Riss will be that man.

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

there comes a time when one needs to look forward, not back

We have been looking forward for 50 yrs.   There will never be a better opportunity to achieve that goal then we had last season,   and we messed up big time.    I am in no doubt   we will be back to normality  in 2019,  when we will again be submerged in the also rans.     I know the team has yet to be announced  but  you don't need to be Einstein to remember the poor quality we have had in the past....      There have been some quality riders signing for new teams,   What  a show of intention it would have been to have acquired Craig Cooke  to ride for the stars, instead of which he sign for our closest competitor .

Unlike others,  I don't brush the debris under the carpet...      

• Thanks 1