British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Bearing in mind the team we finished with last year had an average of 43.67 (reduced to 43.45 with 2.5% reduction for Robert). We still have to lose some nearly one point from the average which could prove difficult with the options available.

21 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Looks like Kings Lynn will be the weakest of the three East Anglian teams

Don't you start :wink: :o

23 minutes ago, KLFAN said:

I must say I like the composition of the Peterborough team.

You ain't the only one:t:

King's Lynn 42.49
R Lambert 9.08
R Tungate 7.61
N K Iversen 7.36
E Riss 6.08
L Kerr 5.36
K Andersen 4.00
S Lambert 3.00

And what is Father Christmas bringing you this year,?   the little man replied   'we are going to told the name of our first STARS rider for 2019'    Wow!,   aren't you a lucky man...…. 

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 1

But as you know Buster is adamant that this marketing tool will add at least a couple of hundred to the regular crowd at matches next season. It could be even more and that will be the big Christmas present for the club. Be a patient supporter and try not to salivate excessively while you wait.

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:
King's Lynn 42.49
R Lambert 9.08
R Tungate 7.61
N K Iversen 7.36
E Riss 6.08
L Kerr 5.36
K Andersen 4.00
S Lambert 3.00

where's MPT?

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

where's MPT?

Hopefully, nowhere near the team unless he's the lead reserve. But for him to be in that position the team has to be pretty weak. In the top 5, no thanks.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, tellboy said:

What is the matter with you.Why the the impatience in waiting for the announcements,you know Lynn will be riding next season.I bet you was one of those that use to peel corners off the Christmas presents as they lay under the tree, because you couldn't wait until Christmas day to see what you had got .You should realise there's more to life than waiting by the laptop waiting for the first signing for the new season.

Enjoy the family,football,Television,beer,Christmas altogether actually.The signings will be announced in due course.It doesn't matter whether we are first or last to announce does it?Enjoy your Christmas don't let this spoil it.

Merry Christmas to all:t:

Thanks for your reply.    Personally, it wouldn't  bother me if they didn't announce the team till March.      Its not about my impatience of the team announcement,  but I couldn't think of a worse time for the club to make any announcement then at Christmas...,   Its just that the Stars always appear to be last in these things.    I would imagine most people could name the majority of the riders so its not that important.     The post I made was just a comment made in jest of the timing of it all. 

I am thoroughly looking forward to Christmas, spending time with ALL the family, Watching the kiddies opening their presents, the adult drinking and enjoying them selves   The Christmas dinner is always a memorable one sometimes lasting for hours...    There never seem enough hours to indulge watching the telly and have to rely on catch up to see the programmes we missed.    I often spare a thought for those not as fortunate as ourselves and regularly  finance  a charity bed over the Christmas period.       But something like Speedway, is the furthest thought from my mind.     and I offer no apologies for that,   So your perception of me and those who likened it,   is way out of line,

Trust me ,  I don't let anything spoilt this wonderful  time if it can be avoided....  

Happy Christmas to you all  ,   friends and foes....

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

The Christmas dinner is always a memorable one sometimes lasting for hours...    

Funny you should say that Webbo, we use to have an oven like that :rofl:

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, g13webb said:

Thanks for your reply.    Personally, it wouldn't  bother me if they didn't announce the team till March.      Its not about my impatience of the team announcement,  but I couldn't think of a worse time for the club to make any announcement then at Christmas...,   Its just that the Stars always appear to be last in these things.    I would imagine most people could name the majority of the riders so its not that important.     The post I made was just a comment made in jest of the timing of it all. 

I am thoroughly looking forward to Christmas spending time with ALL the family, Watching the kiddies opening their presents, the adult drinking and enjoying them selves   The Christmas dinner is always a memorable one sometimes lasting for hours...    There never seem enough hours to indulge watching the telly and have to rely on catch up to see the programmes we missed.    I often spare a thought for those not as fortunate as ourselves and regularly  finance  a bed over the Christmas period.       But something like Speedway is probably the furthest thought from my mind.      and I offer no apologies for that.  

Trust me ,  I don't let anything spoilt this wonderful  time if it can be avoided....  

Happy Christmas to you all  ,   friends and foes....

Happy Christmas to you Webby you take some stick for being negative but when thing's are right and good you are the first to applaud it.At Swindon we have gone a different route to your club we have announced the team early getting Doyley back was a great tonic so that helped.Your owner in a way represents how speedway in the U.K. is run still no real transparency a secret society and most of the communication between Chapman and the speedway public sparse.If you were opening a restaurant in March wouldn't you want to be publicising what you have to offer and dangle a few carrots??? 

• Like 1