British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Welcome back Robert.Thoroughly enjoyed watching him mature into a good rider over the last 5 years.

Mentions in the EDP about regular Monday night racing.Many people weren't expecting that.

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Speedway needs all the fans they can get.... That go ;)

That very true - if I was a speedway promoter I’d be asking the question why I and many more have walked away in many ways that groups  views are far more important than the ones that turn up to each meeting the group of people you talk of (the ones that used to go )is fast approaching being a larger group than those that still turn up each meeting - how do the club attract new fans and children ? - the day is fast approaching when more people will pay the  consessions entrance rate than adult rate . But there up go I’m told speedway doesn’t need people  like me - but rather than say that it should be why don’t you attend anymore .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

That very true - if I was a speedway promoter I’d be asking the question why I and many more have walked away in many ways that groups  views are far more important than the ones that turn up to each meeting the group of people you talk of (the ones that used to go )is fast approaching being a larger group than those that still turn up each meeting - how do the club attract new fans and children ? - the day is fast approaching when more people will pay the  consessions entrance rate than adult rate . But there up go I’m told speedway doesn’t need people  like me - but rather than say that it should be why don’t you attend anymore .

Why don't you attend then?

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Why don't you attend then?

Several reasons - poor racing on what was once the best track in the country -poor value for money - many a time we’ve gone to the car after heat 15 and said that wasn’t worth the admission- silly rules is another- rules being broken as in the play off final when it suites . Late starts near on 8pm when a 7-30 start might encourage more to attend especially families- lack of urgency to keep meetings flowing - that in its self was a major reason with early start at work the next morning-  it all added up to us not attending and to be honest not missed it in the slightest- we watch on tv and that’s enough for us at the moment . And thanks for asking my reasons 

You amaze me Haza,you haven't been on the Lynn thread for what seems like an age.Then the SS lets the confirmed news that Lambert has re-signed a day early and boy you think it's all the clubs fault.Now your fingers must be aching with the amount of keyboard punching you are doing.You are like a dog with a bone and won't let it go.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

You amaze me Haza,you haven't been on the Lynn thread for what seems like an age.Then the SS lets the confirmed news that Lambert has re-signed a day early and boy you think it's all the clubs fault.Now you fingers must be aching with the amount of keyboard punching you are doing.You are like a dog with a bone and won't let it go.

He has a point though and he is entitled to his opinion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just throwing in the fact that I find it hard to take comments seriously when people (Haza) cannot even get the grammar correct SUITES which should be SUITS and YOUR which should be YOU'RE. Does help with thinking the person is stating with greater knowledge.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He has a point though and he is entitled to his opinion.

As am i:)

Imo in regards to the post from Haza.

The racing wasn't the best,but better than the previous season.Also i don't believe it was the best track in the country once.It was one of the best,but not the best.Yes rules were broken but surely this is where the SCB have to be stronger.The start times were adhered to pretty much last season which is a 19-45 start time.I agree maybe an earlier start time may encourage more families to attend,but there certainly seemed more children attending last season.All in all it was much better last season in all departments,but things can still improve.But as they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

I see these improvements myself,not by hearsay:rolleyes:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 3

I see the grammar police are out in force this morning.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Several reasons - poor racing on what was once the best track in the country -poor value for money - many a time we’ve gone to the car after heat 15 and said that wasn’t worth the admission- silly rules is another- rules being broken as in the play off final when it suites . Late starts near on 8pm when a 7-30 start might encourage more to attend especially families- lack of urgency to keep meetings flowing - that in its self was a major reason with early start at work the next morning-  it all added up to us not attending and to be honest not missed it in the slightest- we watch on tv and that’s enough for us at the moment . And thanks for asking my reasons 

Fair enough, at least you have some pretty genuine reasons... Maybe some clubs should be looking into these types of things... Although you cannot please everyone... You spend your earned money how you wish, I would encourage you to keep an open mind however, and if things in the speedway world begin to improve (which imo they are with the new rules) please reconsider enjoying your trips to KL and maybe a few other tracks again :t:

8pm is a bit late though, especially if there's work the next day, might put parents off bringing their kids too. Also, some things, like the flow of the meeting cannot be helped so much in my opinion, riders need a rest when competing in a sport as dangerous as speedway, I like the added couple of minutes if they have two rides in a row, it must get exhausting for a reserve who has to take 7 rides, lack of concentration and tiredness is critical in a sport like speedway, especially if they ride pretty much every day in three different countries, how do they do it? :blink:... BUT, 8pm starts wont help this as it gets later and later?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KLFAN said:

Just throwing in the fact that I find it hard to take comments seriously when people (Haza) cannot even get the grammar correct SUITES which should be SUITS and YOUR which should be YOU'RE. Does help with thinking the person is stating with greater knowledge.

I’m falling about laughing your post is so funny  - and everything is rosey in the speedway garden if that’s all your concerns we might as well close the sport down now . 

Edited by Haza

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I see the grammar police are out in force this morning.:rolleyes:

Yeah and Grandad is getting very pee'd off with it!!:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KLFAN said:

You come across as someone who feel's he is superior to most of us but everyone has a view.I still go regularly and still love the sport but it should listen to the paying customer more.Five points that should be addressed all basic (1.) A 7.30 start means 7.30. (2.) No interval   (3.) If there is a restart the riders go straight back to the tapes. 4.The referee should be made to let the race continue even if the rider guesses right he only get's excluded if he touches them. 5. Half hour Autograph session before the meeting with riders mixing more with the supporter ( i.e. The paying customer without them there is no sport).

• Like 5

I think the crux of  the problem is that we have so much negativity already and we haven't even announced the team yet. Similar problem last year and we didn't fare so badly did we?

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You come across as someone who feel's he is superior to most of us but everyone has a view.I still go regularly and still love the sport but it should listen to the paying customer more.Five points that should be addressed all basic (1.) A 7.30 start means 7.30. (2.) No interval   (3.) If there is a restart the riders go straight back to the tapes. 4.The referee should be made to let the race continue even if the rider guesses right he only get's excluded if he touches them. 5. Half hour Autograph session before the meeting with riders mixing more with the supporter ( i.e. The paying customer without them there is no sport).

And none of those would cost the promotor a penny, so the question has to be asked why don't they happen?

• Like 2