British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

And none of those would cost the promotor a penny, so the question has to be asked why don't they happen?

No interval would cost Buster surely :wink:

Assume kl go on Monday to allow Ipswich / Peterborough to use Thursday? 

Maybe it’s Lynn who are going to be on TV every week :D

Is Buster taking on track prep at either Ipswich or Peterborough ?  Sounds like with Lynn going Monday’s he is going to be  keeping a more than watchful eye on at least one of the other two.

14 minutes ago, semion said:

Maybe it’s Lynn who are going to be on TV every week :D

Is Buster taking on track prep at either Ipswich or Peterborough ?  Sounds like with Lynn going Monday’s he is going to be  keeping a more than watchful eye on at least one of the other two.

Boro can have him there thanks :)

5 hours ago, KLFAN said:

I think the crux of  the problem is that we have so much negativity already and we haven't even announced the team yet. Similar problem last year and we didn't fare so badly did we?

There is an old saying 'You reap what you sow'   and because of that, as you say,  there is so much negatively.   

Last year wasn't that good, it could have been much better but we messed up when it mattered .    To me coming second  isn't something to be over joyed about.   Since then we have had little to be excited about, all the other teams  have been proactive in assembling decent teams, all we have to be positive about is the acquisition of Top Man,   Robert Lambert.

Making an announcement in the  S/S and the EDP  before enlightening their own fans, to me speaks volumes,   It sure illustrated how little importance the Stars management  regard  their own supporters.     Name another club that has done that...…..    

As of yet,   I have seen very little, for me to be positive  ...…     

Remember the saying.....   

• Like 3

Hi G13webb, it's Robin Brucking Fundle here - just thought I'd give you a call to let you know the team. You're right we don't need the EDP or Speedway Star to attract new customers or inform those who aren't on Social Media we'll just let you know then you can do all the hard work for us. You'll probably find the EDP won't support us anymore unless you can give them an edge, do let me know how you get on spreading the news and for all those people who rely on the EDP and SS for information, well they can go duck themselves with an attitude like some have on here (attacking the post not the poster - allegedly!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

There is an old saying 'You reap what you sow'   and because of that, as you say,  there is so much negatively.   

Last year wasn't that good, it could have been much better but we messed up when it mattered .    To me coming second  isn't something to be over joyed about.   Since then we have had little to be excited about, all the other teams  have been proactive in assembling decent teams, all we have to be positive about is the acquisition of Top Man,   Robert Lambert.

Making an announcement in the  S/S and the EDP  before enlightening their own fans, to me speaks volumes,   It sure illustrated how little importance the Stars management  regard  their own supporters.     Name another club that has done that...…..    

As of yet,   I have seen very little, for me to be positive  ...…     

Remember the saying.....   

So from starting the season as a lot of people thought we would struggle, we came from bottom of the league, only to finish top by 6 points I think?

How could of it "been so much better"? and "we messed up when it mattered" We exceeded all expectations and was hit with injuries to a reserve in form and NKI at the last minute.

Someone's glass isn't even half empty, it's got a hole in the bottom... :rolleyes: Happy New year  :lol:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

Well  you lot are so negative with your glass half full no wonder speedway in in such a mess - the sport can definitely do without this kind of support though wait there is no fans left .And oh yes we only want the ones that can spell proper like lol lol lol 

• Haha 1

Always comes back to the negative few with nothing better to do! The signing of rob is great news. It’s a good start. A few of the negative guys last year at this time were suggesting he would have to move on to improve . . . 

Niels is the most important link to this team now. A team with them as our spearhead gives me confidence in the big heats. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

So from starting the season as a lot of people thought we would struggle, we came from bottom of the league, only to finish top by 6 points I think?

How could of it "been so much better"? and "we messed up when it mattered" We exceeded all expectations and was hit with injuries to a reserve in form and NKI at the last minute.

Someone's glass isn't even half empty, it's got a hole in the bottom... :rolleyes: Happy New year  :lol:

I don't think webbo was meaning the results as such, more the quality of racing, general entertainment and presentation wasn't that good. The club did mess up at the end with the insistence of using Ellis which backfired spectacularly.

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

Well  you lot are so negative with your glass half full no wonder speedway in in such a mess - the sport can definitely do without this kind of support though wait there is no fans left .And oh yes we only want the ones that can spell proper like lol lol lol 

Don't worry about spelling. Go pay and support your team.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Always comes back to the negative few with nothing better to do! The signing of rob is great news. It’s a good start. A few of the negative guys last year at this time were suggesting he would have to move on to improve . . . 

Niels is the most important link to this team now. A team with them as our spearhead gives me confidence in the big heats. 

Agree, if not Niels we need back up :t:

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't worry about spelling. Go pay and support your team.

Sadly as things stand I like many more choice is not to attend - and I can’t see that changing unless there is a inspirational signing over the winter . 

Just now, Haza said:

Sadly as things stand I like many more choice is not to attend - and I can’t see that changing unless there is a inspirational signing over the winter . 

Your team topped the table for the first time ever?? Was unlucky in the play offs due to late injuries. Lynn's best season in the top flight for 50 years.. How many meetings did yo attend at the AFA in 2018?

How much better than 2018 do they have to be in 2019 for you to pay to watch them :P.. Your choice how you spend your money and we are all have an opinion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

If Lambert (the leagues best rider bar an ex world champ and British No1) isnt an inspirational signing them Im not sure what is.....

• Like 3