British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Lambert (the leagues best rider bar an ex world champ and British No1) isnt an inspirational signing them Im not sure what is.....

As I said if what Lynn did in 2018 wasn't enough for him to attend, he might as well give up ;)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Haza said:

Sadly as things stand I like many more choice is not to attend - and I can’t see that changing unless there is a inspirational signing over the winter . 

Haza, with you not going to Saddlebow and not having a good word to say about Speedway, let alone Lynn Stars.  Sorry, but to me it begs the question why waste ink ( old school here) posting ?

Just humour me and explain what it is you are trying to achieve ?  Speedway frustrates the hell out of me and I ain’t afraid to release that frustration on here, but I still go when I can. 

Sorry for the speeling :rofl:. (Sorry couldn’t resist). 

Happy New Year to one and all. Yes, even Shovvy down at Poole.

Edited by semion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

As I said if what Lynn did in 2018 wasn't enough for him to attend, he might as well give up ;)

I recall prior to the start of last season he criticised the team and was “ put together on the cheap”......look what happened,  the most successful team KL have ever had in the top flight.......perhaps after  attending for years he was slightly annoyed in missing out ! It’s a shame he missed out on witnessing Erik Riss as he was pure entertainment, hopefully another signing that will be announced before the start of the season, be it by the SS, EDP, The Sun, News at Ten or he club.....it does not matter !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Haza, with you not going to Saddlebow and not having a good word to say about Speedway, let alone Lynn Stars.  Sorry, but to me it begs the question why waste ink ( old school here) posting ?

Just humour me and explain what it is you are trying to achieve ?  Speedway frustrates the hell out of me and I ain’t afraid to release that frustration on here, but I still go when I can. 

Happy New Year to one all. Yes, even Shovvy down at Poole.

It would be interesting to know who in his eyes would be an “inspirational signing”..........Nicky Perdersen I assume ? 

Yes Bert..

Riss sitting low on his bike, leaning coming out of turn 4 .Looked part of the bike :t: 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

It would be interesting to know who in his eyes would be an “inspirational signing”..........Nicky Perdersen I assume ? 

Chris Holder would be inspirational on his low average:shock::rolleyes:

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Bert said:

I recall prior to the start of last season he criticised the team and was “ put together on the cheap”......look what happened,  the most successful team KL have ever had in the top flight.......perhaps after  attending for years he was slightly annoyed in missing out ! It’s a shame he missed out on witnessing Erik Riss as he was pure entertainment, hopefully another signing that will be announced before the start of the season, be it by the SS, EDP, The Sun, News at Ten or he club.....it does not matter !

Yes , lets look what happened ,     we started well off the pace,      Niels was never there,  Rose gave up  and Andersen struggled to compete.   When the injuries to Andersen and Kerr came we were anchored to the lower regions of the league.  It was only the introduction of Riss and MPT that propelled us to the height of  league winners.   Yes, in that final we were hit by injuries. but we were let down by everyone else,  The Managers, the Referee, the BSPA, the rule makers, the  guest riders, they all compered to make the  final a joke.   53 yrs I had waited for that moment only for it to be turned into a  charade.    The belief in this sport,  I had cherished for all those years was finally destroyed that night...    When that integrity goes there is nothing else that matters....

As in all previous, I attended every meeting last year.   I did so, knowing  the supporters  were of little importance to the club, and were usually treated like Mushrooms.      Could you ever imagine  Theresa May  announcing to the media a big decision before letting her Cabinet know,   but that what happened to the Stars speedway this week.        Of course, all and sundry should know about the acquisition of Robert Lambert  , but I feel the fans should have been the first to know .    like the olden days when the riders were introduced at a supporters meeting.  It was nothing more than I expected from such a secret society.... 

I'm pleased  I feel the way I do.     To all those who still go. I wish you all well,   but a lot of changes will have to be made  before I go again.....

• Like 2

If you don’t go Webbo does this mean you will be lost to the Forum ? As in it must be difficult to comment on something you haven’t actually seen.

If so thanks for your input and enjoy what ever it is you will replace Speedway with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dale Allitt says that only Jason Doyle averaged more that Robert Lambert in 2018. This is I think is based on their finishing GSAs but If you just use their actual 2018 results, including bonus points, I think Robert comes out on top.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Yes , lets look what happened ,     we started well off the pace,      Niels was never there,  Rose gave up  and Andersen struggled to compete.   When the injuries to Andersen and Kerr came we were anchored to the lower regions of the league.  It was only the introduction of Riss and MPT that propelled us to the height of  league winners.   Yes, in that final we were hit by injuries. but we were let down by everyone else,  The Managers, the Referee, the BSPA, the rule makers, the  guest riders, they all compered to make the  final a joke.   53 yrs I had waited for that moment only for it to be turned into a  charade.    The belief in this sport,  I had cherished for all those years was finally destroyed that night...    When that integrity goes there is nothing else that matters....

As in all previous, I attended every meeting last year.   I did so, knowing  the supporters  were of little importance to the club, and were usually treated like Mushrooms.      Could you ever imagine  Theresa May  announcing to the media a big decision before letting her Cabinet know,   but that what happened to the Stars speedway this week.        Of course, all and sundry should know about the acquisition of Robert Lambert  , but I feel the fans should have been the first to know .    like the olden days when the riders were introduced at a supporters meeting.  It was nothing more than I expected from such a secret society.... 

I'm pleased  I feel the way I do.     To all those who still go. I wish you all well,   but a lot of changes will have to be made  before I go again.....

You pretty much say the same thing every season.

The Theresa May thing is a bad example.The cabinet are her management team,and like in most things whether you like it or not she will let her fans/supporters know last,and she probably has about 5,000,000 such fans.The press and media etc will always know whats going on before the fans do that's there job. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Haza said:

Sadly as things stand I like many more choice is not to attend - and I can’t see that changing unless there is a inspirational signing over the winter . 

11 hours ago, semion said:

Happy New Year to one and all. Yes, even Shovvy down at Poole.

Think it’s called narcissism. 

Actually it’s like spitting in the food that the majority are enjoying. As somebody who enjoys going to every meeting at lynn I find it insulting and it paints a bad picture of a sport that has imperfections but is still pretty good. 

It’s a consumer mentality rather than a fan mentality. And customers although wrong are told they are always right. On a forum like this. Although having gone to many more meetings as the guys that run the sport down, our ramblings are treated as equal even though they probably shouldn’t be and people always gravitate to negativity. 

Lynn is a good place to be. Room for improvement but I’m sure the negative posters own lives are very much room for improvement, like my own is too. I miss the days pre social media when the moaning was done in the terraces like it should be. 

This whole same faces sh*tting on every is sure getting old

Edited by Danny Connor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

The point you make about the team changes following the injuries and retirement is a good one as the upturn in form did coincide with the changes but they worked rather quite well, but you still criticise, I can’t imagine (well I can) what moans you would have had if the  enforced changes hadn’t been a success! (I would class finishing 6pts clear at the top of the league table a success)

The only way you would be happy about the announcement of signings would be if Buster knocked on your door and told you weeks before “all and sundry” who are all fans or potential fans.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't worry about spelling. Go pay and support your team.

No, it's ok don't worry about smelling...

As a Ipswich fan who has been used to getting regular information via the local newspapers and social media channels I can see your frustration. 

Since the takeover we are getting very little information.  We have signed 4 riders before Christmas and we only know the identities of two of them. 

There is a wall of silence which is alienating the fans or customers as we should be referred to. I can’t for the life of me see the benefits of this way of operating. Just seems it’s busters way or the highway.  

It's amazing how blinkered the sycophants are on here. The issues at King's Lynn and Speedway as a whole are very real. The 2019 season is a $#!+ or bust year for Buster.

King's Lynn just offer the bare minimum in the Speedway experience.

Pay your money, play abysmal music at volume 11, deliver poor racing. Then go home. Apart from the Play-Off Semi, which meeting had any atmosphere of real excitement??

The press releases are appalling with comments consisting of absolute lies. In this off season, King's Lynn has been none existent while pretty much every other club has been loud and proud at least once every couple of weeks.

King's Lynn is run badly, and this Brundle fella who was brought in to improve all aspects of commercial side seems to be just picking up extra pocket money without really delivering.

From him, I was expecting something along the lines of Glasgow and Isle Of Wight in promoting the club, but no.

For promoting Speedway, King's Lynn is one of the worst up and down the country for the whole Speedway experience. That is a fact 

• Thanks 2