British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's amazing how blinkered the sycophants are on here. The issues at King's Lynn and Speedway as a whole are very real. The 2019 season is a $#!+ or bust year for Buster.

King's Lynn just offer the bare minimum in the Speedway experience.

Pay your money, play abysmal music at volume 11, deliver poor racing. Then go home. Apart from the Play-Off Semi, which meeting had any atmosphere of real excitement??

The press releases are appalling with comments consisting of absolute lies. In this off season, King's Lynn has been none existent while pretty much every other club has been loud and proud at least once every couple of weeks.

King's Lynn is run badly, and this Brundle fella who was brought in to improve all aspects of commercial side seems to be just picking up extra pocket money without really delivering.

From him, I was expecting something along the lines of Glasgow and Isle Of Wight in promoting the club, but no.

For promoting Speedway, King's Lynn is one of the worst up and down the country for the whole Speedway experience. That is a fact 

Absolutely spot on post - those who enjoy what’s on offer fantastic good for you , sadly it’s no longer for me 

3 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Think it’s called narcissism. 

Actually it’s like spitting in the food that the majority are enjoying. As somebody who enjoys going to every meeting at lynn I find it insulting and it paints a bad picture of a sport that has imperfections but is still pretty good. 

It’s a consumer mentality rather than a fan mentality. And customers although wrong are told they are always right. On a forum like this. Although having gone to many more meetings as the guys that run the sport down, our ramblings are treated as equal even though they probably shouldn’t be and people always gravitate to negativity. 

Lynn is a good place to be. Room for improvement but I’m sure the negative posters own lives are very much room for improvement, like my own is too. I miss the days pre social media when the moaning was done in the terraces like it should be. 

This whole same faces sh*tting on every is sure getting old

I’m not criticising anyone who enjoys what’s on offer it’s good everyone hasn’t walked away or it just be a stock car stadium, but makes your views so  right and mine so wrong I fail to see who’s to say who’s views are right or wrong ? this is a forum were I thought we are entitled to having different  views we don’t all live in a world with rose tinted glasses , When we last went to KL there was a group of ten of us that used to meet up each meeting since the Poole walk out by Holder and Batch just 1 of the ten still attends regular now I’d have thought if that’s the case speedway and KL speedway must be doing something wrong to lose long term fans can’t be good for the club - none returned last season despite having a good season we all found other things to do . But you and others enjoy it so that’s equally as good as the ones that don’t I’m not criticising anyone who attends .

18 hours ago, g13webb said:

There is an old saying 'You reap what you sow'   and because of that, as you say,  there is so much negatively.   

Last year wasn't that good, it could have been much better but we messed up when it mattered .    To me coming second  isn't something to be over joyed about.   Since then we have had little to be excited about, all the other teams  have been proactive in assembling decent teams, all we have to be positive about is the acquisition of Top Man,   Robert Lambert.

Making an announcement in the  S/S and the EDP  before enlightening their own fans, to me speaks volumes,   It sure illustrated how little importance the Stars management  regard  their own supporters.     Name another club that has done that...…..    

As of yet,   I have seen very little, for me to be positive  ...…     

Remember the saying.....   

Who reads the Speedway Star and EDP then?  As you well know and what Robin tries to do is have all media outlets announce news at the same time.  

15 hours ago, Haza said:

Sadly as things stand I like many more choice is not to attend - and I can’t see that changing unless there is a inspirational signing over the winter . 

One man doesn't make a team!  If you'd have been at the after match press conferences you would have heard how important the 'team' ethic and spirit is ....

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

One man doesn't make a team!  If you'd have been at the after match press conferences you would have heard how important the 'team' ethic and spirit is ....

One man doesn’t make a team but certain riders put bums on seats which makes for an atmosphere in the stadium 2 riders I can think of that would definitely do that is Nicki P and Emil  S  - the crowd that was at KL the night Emil made his debut for Coventry was one of the biggest seen in recent times -  as for after match press conference if I was to attend after heat 15 the only place I’m heading is home .. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

The point you make about the team changes following the injuries and retirement is a good one as the upturn in form did coincide with the changes but they worked rather quite well, but you still criticise, I can’t imagine (well I can) what moans you would have had if the  enforced changes hadn’t been a success! (I would class finishing 6pts clear at the top of the league table a success)

The only way you would be happy about the announcement of signings would be if Buster knocked on your door and told you weeks before “all and sundry” who are all fans or potential fans.

You're perception is way out.   Its not about being happy, its about appreciating the importance of your fans.....  With the right man in charge Lynn Speedway could be the biggest and best club in the land.   One that strived in an area that has little to offer.    But there never seems any connection from the management, its as though they're not bothered... 

How can you class last year as a success when we didn't win anything.       You, like many on here seem to forget that point.     Kings Lynn is not a team destined to be winners.  We merely go through the motions as a team quite happily being also-rans.  Usually when accidents have happened in the past and a rider is side-lined  we have always opted for inadequate or cheap replacements,   never once have we gone out and  used the opportunity to strengthen our team.   Last year was an exception to the rule.    To think we can go one  better next year is just wishful thinking.   Last year was unique, it that many teams struggled  to  compete with a full team,.  Wolves, Swindon, Poole, Belle Vue  all experienced problems, we will never get a better opportunity to win but we still blew it....    

Unlike some on here I speak as I find,     When I see good, I'm the first to say and offer congratulations  ,   but likewise when I see something I think is wrong then I will also speak as such.   I don't wear tinted glasses and see the world for what it is .    As a motorcycle nut I have witness some fantastic achievements,  It was truly magical to see Robert finally come of age last year.   He surpass everything that was expected from him.      There will not be anyone shouting louder than I  when he will inevitably competes in the SGP...

1 hour ago, Haza said:

I’m not criticising anyone who enjoys what’s on offer it’s good everyone hasn’t walked away or it just be a stock car stadium, but makes your views so  right and mine so wrong I fail to see who’s to say who’s views are right or wrong ? this is a forum were I thought we are entitled to having different  views we don’t all live in a world with rose tinted glasses , When we last went to KL there was a group of ten of us that used to meet up each meeting since the Poole walk out by Holder and Batch just 1 of the ten still attends regular now I’d have thought if that’s the case speedway and KL speedway must be doing something wrong to lose long term fans can’t be good for the club - none returned last season despite having a good season we all found other things to do . But you and others enjoy it so that’s equally as good as the ones that don’t I’m not criticising anyone who attends .

Agree everyone is entitled to their opinions.But you say you fail to see who's views are right or wrong.But then you go on about people living in a world with rose tinted glasses.Basically saying those who have something positive to say about speedway are wrong.

Personally i would favour the opinions of Danny Connor to yours(this is no dig at you by the way) on one simple thing,and that is that he goes every week and sees what is happening.Just little changes have been made what you don't see but Danny has.

I use to go also in the good old days as people put it,i believe it wasn't that much different.The only thing different now is we are older and we moan more,we can't put up with the cold as much,we need to be in bed earlier.Basically older people moan more:rolleyes:

I think the crowds were up last season,so must have done something right to encourage more people through the gates.Sure Brundle even said himself about the crowd levels being up.Maybe Monday nights,if it is happening next season will put the mockers on that,or maybe they will trial it to see what people think.

Roll on the next signings,lets hope it's Nicki and Emil on 7pt averages:wink:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, g13webb said:

With the right man in charge Lynn Speedway could be the biggest and best club in the land.   One that strived in an area that has little to offer.    But there never seems any connection from the management, its as though they're not bothered... 

I agree 100% Mr webb. And THAT is a major part of the problem " never seems any connection ( with the fans ) from the management." And Buster is at the heart of that, his philosophy is what drives the club and probably at least part of his being "shut off from the world" of those that don't see it his way, comes from his earlier years within the BSPA, when he was the noisy rebel. Lucky him that he could play that role at the time.  Having said he could run things better for many years the other promoters, in desperation, let him do it. And it has crumbled to sand in his hands ( not that he would ever admit it ). Now with three votes out of seven in the "top" league, he can carry almost any decision quite easily. Others have criticised that state of affairs in UK speedway ( notably Gordon Pairman ).

17 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There will not be anyone shouting louder than I  when he will inevitably competes in the SGP...

Oh No, you won't unless I have a problem with my voice. L A M B O.....

11 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I agree 100% Mr webb. And THAT is a major part of the problem " never seems any connection ( with the fans ) from the management." And Buster is at the heart of that, his philosophy is what drives the club and probably at least part of his being "shut off from the world" of those that don't see it his way, comes from his earlier years within the BSPA, when he was the noisy rebel. Lucky him that he could play that role at the time.  Having said he could run things better for many years the other promoters, in desperation, let him do it. And it has crumbled to sand in his hands ( not that he would ever admit it ). Now with three votes out of seven in the "top" league, he can carry almost any decision quite easily. Others have criticised that state of affairs in UK speedway ( notably Gordon Pairman ).

Oh No, you won't unless I have a problem with my voice. L A M B O.....

Do you honestly believe Buster gets 3 votes?

If Buster owns three clubs, each club gets a vote and the owner will be a powerful voice in how that vote is cast - don't you think? Other figures in UK speedway are clearly unsettled by that development it seems. 

2 hours ago, Haza said:

One man doesn’t make a team but certain riders put bums on seats which makes for an atmosphere in the stadium 2 riders I can think of that would definitely do that is Nicki P and Emil  S  - the crowd that was at KL the night Emil made his debut for Coventry was one of the biggest seen in recent times -  as for after match press conference if I was to attend after heat 15 the only place I’m heading is home .. 

It's 100% worth staying imo.... 

6 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

If Buster owns three clubs, each club gets a vote and the owner will be a powerful voice in how that vote is cast - don't you think? Other figures in UK speedway are clearly unsettled by that development it seems. 

I will tell you,no Buster won't get 3 votes.And i'm sure Louis and Rathbone have their own voice.How have the other promoters been unsettled?

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I will tell you,no Buster won't get 3 votes.And i'm sure Louis and Rathbone have their own voice.How have the other promoters been unsettled?

I think if Buster had full control of the 3 clubs, the Panthers wouldn't look so strong :blink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trees said:

It's 100% worth staying imo.... 

It might well be if the first race was at 7-30 - I’ve no interest what so ever if I was to attend a meeting hanging around till 10 ish as a guess for a press conference my first concern after heat 15 is getting home and doing my pack up for work the next day and then to bed .

Edited by Haza

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

No doubt Buster will not credited with three votes,    But do you honestly believe Louis and Rathbone will be allowed to vote against him ??      No way would Buster finance a deal and then let them vote him down...…   He's not that stupid......