British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Sorry, I ran out of my speedway cards, they had a load of balls on the front...... I was looking for one with a ‘glass quarter full’ for Rodders!

Never mind, next year then God willing.

As for plain english: "There is no truth in the rumour that Peterborough speedway will be sold before the season starts. Ged and I will be in charge throughout 2019 under current ownership and the team will be as named subject to BSPA ratification as previously indicated."

That's as plain as it gets for me and meets my approval. You've said your piece though so that's the end of that :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Never mind, next year then God willing.

As for plain english: "There is no truth in the rumour that Peterborough speedway will be sold before the season starts. Ged and I will be in charge throughout 2019 under current ownership and the team will be as named subject to BSPA ratification as previously indicated."

That's as plain as it gets for me and meets my approval. You've said your piece though so that's the end of that :) 

My mother would have said "Deo Volente". My glass is never quarter full as I top it up before  it gets that low.

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

So you can't knock Buster for being a business man first,i'll remember that when you moan about the intervals at Lynn:wink::P 

I prefer if my opinions of you and your posts are not printed.    You come across as someone who sees the world through Stars tinted glasses. and your comments are the same .    as soon as anyone voices different you jump as to say how dare you.      Never have I said there shouldn't be intervals,    but when they stretch to 20 mins or sometimes more  then I complain.   there's an old saying,  don't Kill the goose who lays the golden Egg,        Buster usually does everything for his own benefit , just a pity some on here cant see it.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I prefer if my opinions of you and your posts are not printed.    You come across as someone who sees the world through Stars tinted glasses. and your comments are the same .    as soon as anyone voices different you jump as to say how dare you.      Never have I said there shouldn't be intervals,    but when they stretch to 20 mins or sometimes more  then I complain.   there's an old saying,  don't Kill the goose who lays the golden Egg,        Buster usually does everything for his own benefit , just a pity some on here cant see it.....

Can't knock him for that then,does things for his own benefit.As you say business man first.Weren't you?

Anyway looks like putting in the couple of emojis didn't lighten the post as i intended.But there you go you always seem to be against anything i post.Mind you at least you get the usual likes.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Stars 2019??

That was my co conclusion. No disrespect to Simon, but he's reached his level in the sport and is hardly the sort of signing we need in 2019. We needed him to keep scoring at end of last season when MPT was injured and his performances went the other way

Maybe he’s the best rider at the right wage on an average achieved in the 3:00 + bracket. Maybe, although not exciting enough. This could be a move to make room for another rider who does matter more. He could be the sacrificial lamb to allow a potent top 6. 

Team building could come down to .01 of a point. He could be the guy there to make the rest of the numbers fit until DRew Kemp is ready or another face fits?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Maybe he’s the best rider at the right wage on an average achieved in the 3:00 + bracket. Maybe, although not exciting enough. This could be a move to make room for another rider who does matter more. He could be the sacrificial lamb to allow a potent top 6. 

Team building could come down to .01 of a point. He could be the guy there to make the rest of the numbers fit until DRew Kemp is ready or another face fits?

Same here Danny :t: If Simon has signed I would of thought he would of been the last one fitted in, and the team is done..

Edited by Bald Bloke

Simon Lambert has said he isn't back at Kings Lynn or Peterborough next season. It was win the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, mrss said:

Simon Lambert has said he isn't back at Kings Lynn or Peterborough next season. It was win the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago.

That was a couple of weeks ago which was maybe correct then , so I would imagine things have changed since then, can't imagine he would go to Ipswich though as it is definitely not one of his favourite tracks as anyone who has seen him ride there would instantly know.

1 hour ago, mrss said:

2 weeks ago nobody was allowed to say if they were in the King's Lynn team or not until the club decide so, you should know that.

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

Can't knock him for that then,does things for his own benefit.As you say business man first.Weren't you?

Anyway looks like putting in the couple of emojis didn't lighten the post as i intended.But there you go you always seem to be against anything i post.Mind you at least you get the usual likes.

As do you !!       Putting a couple of emojis at the end of a sarcastic reply doesn't disguise  its intentions.    I had given up ever having a discussion with you because of your continue disrespect for anyone who voices opinions against the Stars.  It becomes a pointless exercise when you only see in one direction.   

All your feelings towards the Kings Lynn Stars I have felt them all.   Once upon a time  they were more important to me than the Lord himself.   My life was governed by the exploits of this same club.    During this time, I travelled to every venue in the league and never missed a single match for  more years than I care to remember.   As years started to add up , the family was getting older,  I realised there was more to life and reduced the amount of time and money the sport then occupied .  

Instead of having my head in the clouds I began to see the sport for what it was , and I enjoyed this more believable existence.  The pure ingrediencies of this sport is watching 4 riders on fast machine with no brakes, competing  for glory.  Witnessing Robert Lambert defying the laws of balance has become an immense pleasure.

So I find it insulting, for posters such as yourself, to ridicule my views.    In those 54 years of following the Stars , I have seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly many times.  but the one thing I find hard to accept is the continue contempt shown to the fans.   We should be the bread and butter of every club,   but nobody appear to understand that...

Hence,  the reasons why I feel the way I do..   

• Like 2

g13webb,if you look over some of my posts over the years you will realise i don't agree with everything done at King's Lynn speedway.But i will praise them when i feel they have done something right,no matter how much some posters disagree with it.So you feel i ridicule you because i don't agree with you.So i must feel the same as you don't agree with my posts.It's a funny world and not everyone will have the same opinions,that's life.

So what we don't agree on many things,i aint going to cry over it.I don't disrespect anyone's opinion against the Stars but if i disagree with it i will state it.It's not disrespecting at all,it's called having a different opinion.