British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, mrss said:

There is a simple solution to all the moaning about the time it takes to complete a meeting ,and the length of the interval. If people don't like it ,stop at home.

Ok Mrs, thanks for your advice, but I will go when I wish to go.  I don’t need anyone to tell me where and when I can go.  However thank you for your opinion.

Please don’t allow anyone to tell you what you should do with your free time and expendable income. Will you ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrss said:

There is a simple solution to all the moaning about the time it takes to complete a meeting ,and the length of the interval. If people don't like it ,stop at home.

and with a comment like that I can understand why speedway is in such a mess . 

Id have thought trying to get more to attend would be a better idea rather than say stay at home . But there you go 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mrss said:

Unfortunately that’s what’s happening, season upon season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrss said:

Quality response from the customer service department :D

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

So some of you want it all over within half an hour, it's never going to happen, try standing with other people who might have more interesting conversation in between races, look forward to the next race, work out what's gonna happen, read the programme, the supporter's club will probably put a comp in their column each meeting, work that out, I'm personally hoping the mascot will be entertaining us this year haha... And don't forget to listen to the interviews that Kevin does with the riders/promoters/team managers! 

• Like 2

Or Between races watch Buster ride around and aroundddddd and aroundddddddd on his tractor.  On a wet night you can even watch him for 2 hours removing slop from the track.  Well some do.  Others learnt their lesson. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if it was all over really quick people say it wasn't value for money

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

It just needs to be efficiently and consistently run. Remember when Sky were in town, apart from the introduction and 5 minutes + wait for the first race, that was generally how to do it. Now at the EoES we can see how BT compares as a guage. Thankfully Trees isn't in charge of presentation at our place ;)

• Like 1

”mrss”  must be on the management committee of the BSPA

Amateur presentation of the sport appears to now be the norm and is now considered acceptable ....... delay after delay ...... they rival our train services for excuses for delaying the entertainment. Nothing has been or is being done to address the issues. 

Nobody appears to be in charge of the entertainment schedule ......... grader breaks water cart breaks inaudible pit interviews with riders team “managers” fence repairs start gate failures flood light failures bike repairs rest periods for riders track inspections “unsatisfactory” starts people feeling unwell in the stadium.....it just muddles along . 2hours for 15 minutes racing appears the norm, with 2 1/2 or 3 hours not unusual.  Kent Kings regularly miss their curfew deadline of 2 hours such is the inability to race 15 heats in a reasonable time. 

One of the main reasons I took your advice mrss and now keep my money in my pocket.  Thanks for your advice. If every fan took your advice the problem would be resolved and we could all go home and watch the SGP s on TV.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

”mrss”  must be on the management committee of the BSPA

Amateur presentation of the sport appears to now be the norm and is now considered acceptable ....... delay after delay ...... they rival our train services for excuses for delaying the entertainment. Nothing has been or is being done to address the issues. 

Nobody appears to be in charge of the entertainment schedule ......... grader breaks water cart breaks inaudible pit interviews with riders team “managers” fence repairs start gate failures flood light failures bike repairs rest periods for riders track inspections “unsatisfactory” starts people feeling unwell in the stadium.....it just muddles along . 2hours for 15 minutes racing appears the norm, with 2 1/2 or 3 hours not unusual.  Kent Kings regularly miss their curfew deadline of 2 hours such is the inability to race 15 heats in a reasonable time. 

One of the main reasons I took your advice mrss and now keep my money in my pocket.  Thanks for your advice. If every fan took your advice the problem would be resolved and we could all go home and watch the SGP s on TV.

I too took mrss advice and I don’t miss going in the slightest - and this comes from someone who used to live for Speedway my whole life revolved around it we now get our weekly fix on tv .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

15 heats is 15 heats and is basically 16 minutes of track time - so how it’s better value if it’s spread over 2hours 15 rather than 90 mins I’m not too sure .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trees said:

So some of you want it all over within half an hour  (edited for brevity). 

Personally, I prefer it to last longer than 30 minutes, but each to their own Trees, and most of my ex GFs preferred it over in 30 seconds, which it often was lol. 

Crowds seemed to be holding up well enough without ya at Lynn compared to elsewhere. It's your choice. Enjoy your free night! 

A rotten apple spoils the bunch. No 1 likes toxic people!

• Like 1

No 1 person.

its ok to have an opinion and many of us agree. Get the meeting tied up as close to 9 as possible. That's great. But the people who don't go any more and like to keep mentioning it as if they are important moaning about everything they weren't even there to witness sometimes after years. Knocking the team/ promotion at every opportunity. It gets annoying to read. Every poster should have an attendance record. Thanks for alerting that you don't attend though. I know to take it with a pinch of salt. Would be interesting to know what other regular attendees think. Do they really miss you. Do they even rate your opinions as even. I don't. But maybe I'm wrong I stand by it though.

I take the opposite view. I'm so glad you don't come! Miserable buggers. 

• Like 4