British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

10 hours ago, Trees said:

So some of you want it all over within half an hour, it's never going to happen, try standing with other people who might have more interesting conversation in between races, look forward to the next race, work out what's gonna happen, read the programme, the supporter's club will probably put a comp in their column each meeting, work that out, I'm personally hoping the mascot will be entertaining us this year haha... And don't forget to listen to the interviews that Kevin does with the riders/promoters/team managers! 

Ever the patriot,   always looking on the side of the management.   but the reality is far different then the world you try to promote.   Any chance of reading the program or filling in the scores is curtailed when the darkness falls.   For 4 years now, we have complained to Buster, Nathan and Dale about the poor sound quality we get in the Royal Box,  but we are still waiting for them to do something about it.   We cannot even hear the results, let alone any interviews.  If it wasn't for the big screen we would know nothing..      I find this real annoying that we have 750 seats, people paying £1 a head for the privilege and we cant hear a thing,    yet on the 3rd corner where the VIPs are stationed,  the PA are loud and clear .    I wonder how many more years we will have to complain before anything is done about it......

49 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Crowds seemed to be holding up well enough without ya at Lynn compared to elsewhere. It's your choice. Enjoy your free night! 

A rotten apple spoils the bunch. No 1 likes toxic people!

:nono:

See, here's the thing. We want the sport to thrive, again, for the many and not for the few. A free flowing sport with excellent racing and value for money. 

The people that are toxic to this great sport are the ones that say "If ya don't like it, don't go."

Us that don't attend have valid reasons for not doing so. These reasons are ignored, then you'll the usual promoter bullpoop of "support it or lose it" as with many clubs in recent history. 

The toxic people in Speedway are those that are blinded by passion over reality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

No 1 person.

its ok to have an opinion and many of us agree. Get the meeting tied up as close to 9 as possible. That's great. But the people who don't go any more and like to keep mentioning it as if they are important moaning about everything they weren't even there to witness sometimes after years. Knocking the team/ promotion at every opportunity. It gets annoying to read. Every poster should have an attendance record. Thanks for alerting that you don't attend though. I know to take it with a pinch of salt. Would be interesting to know what other regular attendees think. Do they really miss you. Do they even rate your opinions as even. I don't. But maybe I'm wrong I stand by it though.

I take the opposite view. I'm so glad you don't come! Miserable buggers. 

I agree, your not wrong

11 hours ago, Trees said:

So some of you want it all over within half an hour, it's never going to happen, try standing with other people who might have more interesting conversation in between races, look forward to the next race, work out what's gonna happen, read the programme, the supporter's club will probably put a comp in their column each meeting, work that out, I'm personally hoping the mascot will be entertaining us this year haha... And don't forget to listen to the interviews that Kevin does with the riders/promoters/team managers! 

Cannot always hear Kevin though over the noise.

Whats the point in going "to keep the track open", when not only are you not enjoying it, complaints are not acted on. You good supporters, genuine passionate supporters, that are no longer enjoying what they used to, purely by matters outside of there immediate control - I feel sorry for you, I really do. 

My take on it is this - get at least 50 of you that feel the same and stopped going, not because you lost the love of speedway, but are fed up of being taken as mugs, get together and go and protest outside the stadium on the night of a match. 50 of you are going to spend at least £20, thats £1000 revenue the management has lost that night, never to get back, its visible to them by the fact you went, and stood before them. And who knows, upon seeing you others may join in. If one night may not succeed in getting a meeting, then do it again, and again if necessary. Make sure it is a peaceful demonstration.

You already demonstrated your passion for the sport by keep attending year after year watching the product turn sour, passionate supporters like you deserve more.

For different reasons I "left" speedway about 35 years ago, I picked up interest in 2013, went to Cardiff 3 years on the trot, but only been to my "local: track, BV, for the World Team Fri/Sat back in 2016. I know BV has a top stadium, brilliant race track, but what is stopping me going regular to spend £35+ (inc travel etc) of my pension is the fact British speedway is so mismanaged I cannot go and watch it as it would imply I agree with it. Now I subscribe to BT, watch the GPs, Euros etc, but when British League speedway comes on, its so badly run, you know rules are being flouted and wondering is the ref really neutral. I feel for those their that night, seeing a meeting finish on tv generally within 2 hours, knowing the next meeting, with no tv cameras, they could be there for up to 3 hours. Horrendous. 

• Like 1

Sorry to but into the Lynn thread.But I have to say I can understand that people can lose their love/ interest in anything for whatever reason.But what I cannot understand is if you have lost your love /interest in anything in this case speedway why o why do you need to come on a speedway forum and even watch it on tv (a GP goes on for three and a half hours with only seven extra heats).

I lost love/interest in my first wife I do not stalk her on face book etc I have had no contact in 25 years and I moved on and re married.I lost interest in football I could not tell you the name of anyone who now plays for my ex team and I do not watch it on tv my interest is now with speedway.I have moved jobs a few times over the years I have no idea how my ex companys are doing I have no interest I concentrate on my new job and how my new company is doing.

All I am saying is that you have to move on in life find new love/interests and enjoy them and leave the past behind I think you will find life's a happier place.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Sorry to but into the Lynn thread.But I have to say I can understand that people can lose their love/ interest in anything for whatever reason.But what I cannot understand is if you have lost your love /interest in anything in this case speedway why o why do you need to come on a speedway forum and even watch it on tv (a GP goes on for three and a half hours with only seven extra heats).

I lost love/interest in my first wife I do not stalk her on face book etc I have had no contact in 25 years and I moved on and re married.I lost interest in football I could not tell you the name anyone who now plays for my ex team and I do not watch it on tv my interest is now with speedway.I have moved jobs a few times over the years I have no idea how my ex companys are doing I have no interest I concentrate on my new job and how my new company is doing.

All I am saying is that you have to move on in life find new love/interests and enjoy them and leave the past behind I think you will find life's a happier place.

As much as i moan about Speedway i could never envisage not having it as part of my life.April approaching and i am again looking forward to the new season starting again.My take on it now is it gets me out and if i can see a few decent races i am happy.This year i am looking forward to seeing Doyley ride everyweek and am really looking forward to seeing Lidsey ride when he visits with Belle Vue.Also fingers crossed for all the young Brits in the Championship and will be rooting for Kemp, Rowe, Brennan ( ect).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

As much as i moan about Speedway i could never envisage not having it as part of my life.April approaching and i am again looking forward to the new season starting again.My take on it now is it gets me out and if i can see a few decent races i am happy.This year i am looking forward to seeing Doyley ride everyweek and am really looking forward to seeing Lidsey ride when he visits with Belle Vue.Also fingers crossed for all the young Brits in the Championship and will be rooting for Kemp, Rowe, Brennan ( ect).

don't forget james  lucky you.hope he comes to poole and win a few races to show us what we are missing.:t:

50 minutes ago, ray c said:

don't forget james  lucky you.hope he comes to poole and win a few races to show us what we are missing.:t:

Spot on and James is an exciting rider a rider who can improve what i like about him is that he gives everything.Very interesting some of the reserves this year very   youthful Zach/ James Swindon. Becker/ Morris Wolves Lidsey/ Berge Belle Vue against say the older hands Barker/ Bjerre Peterborough there clashes will be very important. 

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

I lost love/interest in my first wife I do not stalk her on face book etc I have had no contact in 25 years and I moved on and re married.I lost interest in football I could not tell you the name of anyone who now plays for my ex team and I do not watch it on tv my interest is now with speedway.I have moved jobs a few times over the years I have no idea how my ex companys are doing I have no interest I concentrate on my new job and how my new company is doing.

I still love my Speedway, watch GP's, watch league meetings on TV, watch the Polish - Swedish leagues, and will be taking in meetings away from the AFA.

King's Lynn is just a boring place to watch Speedway and the owners contempt for his clubs own fans holds no bounds so he'll earn no more £££'s from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nothing is perfect Sidney and speedway is far from it.I have a good moan on here every now and then as we all do.

But my point is that we and others still find enjoyment in the sport and attend meetings.Whats not to like about the racing I see every meeting at the NSS,i to love to watch the young riders improve I watch all the Colts meetings as well and I am very much looking forward to watch Lidsey ride next season and that's why I come on a speedway forum to read and talk speedway.because I still have an interest in the sport

There is much wrong with our sport but I still enjoy the bare bones of the sport the racing and if I ever get so disillusioned with the sport and  it Pee's me of that much that I no longer enjoy any of it I will just walk away and find another interest and you will never here me moaning on about why I fell out with the sport on here I will just find pastures new and leave the forum for people who still enjoy speedway to talk about speedway no one wants to be bored to death reading about the reasons why I will have fell out with the sport people will form their own opinions without any help from me.Plus I will be busy doing something new.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Nothing is perfect Sidney and speedway is far from it.I have a good moan on here every now and then as we all do.

But my point is that we and others still find enjoyment in the sport and attend meetings.Whats not to like about the racing I see every meeting at the NSS,i to love to watch the young riders improve I watch all the Colts meetings as well and I am very much looking forward to watch Lidsey ride next season and that's why I come on a speedway forum to read and talk speedway.because I still have an interest in the sport

There is much wrong with our sport but I still enjoy the bare bones of the sport the racing and if I ever get so disillusioned with the sport and  it Pee's me of that much that I no longer enjoy any of it I will just walk away and find another interest and you will never here me moaning on about why I fell out with the sport on here I will just find pastures new and leave the forum for people who still enjoy speedway to talk about speedway no one wants to be bored to death reading about the reasons why I will have fell out with the sport people will form their own opinions without any help from me.Plus I will be busy doing something new.

The raw product of speedway is still good and i love watching the young uns improve. Last year i had more enjoyment seeing young Tom Brennan mix it for the Robins  in two meeting's in the PL than the rest of the year.It is not all doom and gloom i  just hope the sport can hang on in there in this difficult financial climate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I still love my Speedway, watch GP's, watch league meetings on TV, watch the Polish - Swedish leagues, and will be taking in meetings away from the AFA.

King's Lynn is just a boring place to watch Speedway and the owners contempt for his clubs own fans holds no bounds so he'll earn no more £££'s from me.

Fair enough we all have our own way of thinking but if I were you I would just enjoy the speedway I still love and leave Kings lynns problems behind me and forget about the place there are plenty of other threads where you can enjoy speaking about speedway.Again this is just how I would deal with things we are all different enjoy your speedway all the best.

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Whats the point in going "to keep the track open", when not only are you not enjoying it, complaints are not acted on. You good supporters, genuine passionate supporters, that are no longer enjoying what they used to, purely by matters outside of there immediate control - I feel sorry for you, I really do. 

My take on it is this - get at least 50 of you that feel the same and stopped going, not because you lost the love of speedway, but are fed up of being taken as mugs, get together and go and protest outside the stadium on the night of a match. 50 of you are going to spend at least £20, thats £1000 revenue the management has lost that night, never to get back, its visible to them by the fact you went, and stood before them. And who knows, upon seeing you others may join in. If one night may not succeed in getting a meeting, then do it again, and again if necessary. Make sure it is a peaceful demonstration.

You already demonstrated your passion for the sport by keep attending year after year watching the product turn sour, passionate supporters like you deserve more.

For different reasons I "left" speedway about 35 years ago, I picked up interest in 2013, went to Cardiff 3 years on the trot, but only been to my "local: track, BV, for the World Team Fri/Sat back in 2016. I know BV has a top stadium, brilliant race track, but what is stopping me going regular to spend £35+ (inc travel etc) of my pension is the fact British speedway is so mismanaged I cannot go and watch it as it would imply I agree with it. Now I subscribe to BT, watch the GPs, Euros etc, but when British League speedway comes on, its so badly run, you know rules are being flouted and wondering is the ref really neutral. I feel for those their that night, seeing a meeting finish on tv generally within 2 hours, knowing the next meeting, with no tv cameras, they could be there for up to 3 hours. Horrendous. 

I'm not counting 50. I'm not even counting 10

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

:nono:

See, here's the thing. We want the sport to thrive, again, for the many and not for the few. A free flowing sport with excellent racing and value for money. 

The people that are toxic to this great sport are the ones that say "If ya don't like it, don't go."

Us that don't attend have valid reasons for not doing so. These reasons are ignored, then you'll the usual promoter bullpoop of "support it or lose it" as with many clubs in recent history. 

The toxic people in Speedway are those that are blinded by passion over reality. 

Not blindly, genuinely enjoy without too much of a gripe about the irks of a night at the speedway. 

• Like 1