British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

10 hours ago, mrss said:

I don't know why people are so concerned about the lack of names for the Stars team. All good things come to those who wait.

Are you for real ??       There are fans who have been waiting for 54 years for success.       

Let me assure you there are only two reasons why the team hasn't been announced yet, 

(1),  They haven't or can't acquire the rider(s) they want.    If they had any good signings they would be shouting it from every media possible 

or  (2)  The team is in place but they don't want it rubbished by the media as being poor. 

So yes,  I am concerned for the lack of names,    it does nothing for promoting interest in the club.       and highlights how the club feel towards their fans....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Are you for real ??       There are fans who have been waiting for 54 years for success.       

Let me assure you there are only two reasons why the team hasn't been announced yet, 

(1),  They haven't or can't acquire the rider(s) they want.    If they had any good signings they would be shouting it from every media possible 

or  (2)  The team is in place but they don't want it rubbished by the media as being poor. 

So yes,  I am concerned for the lack of names,    it does nothing for promoting interest in the club.       and highlights how the club feel towards their fans....

Your Owner  promoter being head of British speedway should of grasped transparency is very important to everybody.If he has not got a team sorted out say so, but to say nothing is madness.Is he going to leave it to  February and then just expect or PRESUME fans will turn up i believe this year more fans are going to pick and choose there meetings so drumming up interest is crucial.You look at my club things are not stable there track wise, rumours galore but they announced there team nice and early and  fair play to Rossiter on that front.I worry for King's Lynn surely to have Andersson at reserve they must have something up there sleeves?? if they haven't you would of thought it would be very important to have two strong reserves all year Kerr/ Auty spring to mind.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

We have had lots of success albeit in the 2nd tier of British speedway.

1.Pretty sure the team is all but in place,don't worry there is still 2.5 months until the start of the season.They have an outstanding rider in R.Lambert,so they do have a good signing already.

2.Why would they worry about the media rubbishing the team?They done that last year and it didn't work out too bad.

All my opinion of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your Owner  promoter being head of British speedway should of grasped transparency is very important to everybody.If he has not got a team sorted out say so, but to say nothing is madness.Is he going to leave it to  February and then just expect or PRESUME fans will turn up i believe this year more fans are going to pick and choose there meetings so drumming up interest is crucial.You look at my club things are not stable there track wise, rumours galore but they announced there team nice and early and  fair play to Rossiter on that front.I worry for King's Lynn surely to have Andersson at reserve they must have something up there sleeves?? if they haven't you would of thought it would be very important to have two strong reserves all year Kerr/ Auty spring to mind.

Spot on Sidney.   I agree with what you say about fans picking ad choosing their matches,   No one will want to watch a processional meeting with a team that has no chance of success.   The novelty will soon wear off......

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

We have had lots of success albeit in the 2nd tier of British speedway.

1.Pretty sure the team is all but in place,don't worry there is still 2.5 months until the start of the season.They have an outstanding rider in R.Lambert,so they do have a good signing already.

2.Why would they worry about the media rubbishing the team?  They done that last year and it didn't work out too bad.

All my opinion of course.

1,  Exactly,  that was the reason they made his announcement.   

2,  This sport and this club need all the positives it can get,        Keeping the fans waiting does nobody any favours.    It not the first time they have kept important information from the fans.....   

8 hours ago, g13webb said:

I believe Robin Brundle is simply trying to maximise media exposure...

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, g13webb said:

Yes , I am for real. The Stars management will never please you. You moan when there isn't any announcments , if they named the full team you would moan about the riders they have named. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, semion said:

I take Buster is still in the Country and has emigrated ?

Believe he’s gone to New Zealand for his daughters wedding 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DWP said:

Believe he’s gone to New Zealand for his daughters wedding 

Typical just like Adolf Hitler , gets in his bunker when the flak is flying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Yes , I am for real. The Stars management will never please you. You moan when there isn't any announcments , if they named the full team you would moan about the riders they have named. 

Oh , I am so sorry for having an opinion.   but so far the management has done nothing to be pleased about.  

Unlike some, I speak as I find, when I feel things are wrong I speak out,   the same when I feel the situation deserves credit, then I am the first to give it.     Generalisation is usually a fault to those who want to imagine a situation,   and you sure fit that bill.

Having experienced most of the highs at Kings Lynn speedway,  I am always aware when things aren't that good .  

Probably you should be more astute before you go judging people.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Typical just like Adolf Hitler , gets in his bunker when the flak is flying.

He on the new BBC programme 

Not bloody wanted down under !!! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

He on the new BBC programme 

Not bloody wanted down under !!! 

Not wanted at Peterborough either . I hope someone comes in to buy Peterborough off him quickly , I don't see him as part of Panthers future more likely to cause a brisk downfall.

7 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Not wanted at Peterborough either . I hope someone comes in to buy Peterborough off him quickly , I don't see him as part of Panthers future more likely to cause a brisk downfall.

I’m of the same opinion. I’m hoping within the next 12 months Chris Louis exercises his buy back option..

• Like 2

Chris Harris has been released by Peterborough . Hopefully he can be fitted into the Stars team.

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

Chris Harris has been released by Peterborough . Hopefully he can be fitted into the Stars team.

We already have Kasper on a 4.00, when he averaged 2.55 in 2018. I think Bomber on his inflated average could be a mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

And perhaps Iversen to Peterborough 

• Like 1