British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Any possibility (and this is pure conjecture on my part) that it could be Tungate to KL, Harris to Ipswich and NKI to Peterborough?

4 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Any possibility (and this is pure conjecture on my part) that it could be Tungate to KL, Harris to Ipswich and NKI to Peterborough?

would be very happy with that :-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JC71 said:

How on earth would that work? If Peterborough can't afford Harris, how can they afford Iversen who is a GP rider?

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JC71 said:

That would mean NKI comes cheaper than Bomber, unlikely i would have thought...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

How on earth would that work? If Peterborough can't afford Harris, how can they afford Iversen who is a GP rider?

I hear what you're saying......... I don't particularly believe cost was the issue...... I (and I have nothing to back this up) think it was easier, if there was a bit of an argument re the 2.5% reduction,  to jiggle things around. Plus I remember reading that NKI wasn't too impressed with the effect the KL track was having on his shoulder.

Can’t see Tungate coming to Lynn, well I hope not anyway. Firstly we would be in the same senario as with Bomber in that we would have to get rid of two riders to accommodate him and as we are reasonably loyal to our riders I just can’t see that happening and secondly he’s usually totally rubbish around the AFA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Can’t see Tungate coming to Lynn, well I hope not anyway. Firstly we would be in the same senario as with Bomber in that we would have to get rid of two riders to accommodate him and as we are reasonably loyal to our riders I just can’t see that happening and secondly he’s usually totally rubbish around the AFA.

Fair enough, to be honest I don't know much about Tungate, he's kind of passed me by.........

If Tungate showed his Aussie Championships or National Speedway Stadium form at most other tracks in England he would be a steal on his average but unfortunately he doesn’t show that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

That would mean NKI comes cheaper than Bomber, unlikely i would have thought...

I would agree with that. Bomber is said to ask for good money, but I can't see him being cheaper than Neils.  Maybe there is no NKI  this season, and Ippo won't have Tungate. So there is only Bomber left for them ?. Hence the re shuffle. If that is the case, why did Buster not sit down and work all this out before the  teams were made public.. If so Tungate to the Panthers maybe and Lynn have no back up for Lambo :unsure:

The mind boggles:blink:

41 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I very much doubt NKI would come any cheaper and as it was announced it was for financial reasons why Bomber has been left out so I see no chance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would agree with that. Bomber is said to ask for good money, but I can't see him being cheaper than Neils.  Maybe there is no NKI  this season, and Ippo won't have Tungate. So there is only Bomber left for them ?. Hence the re shuffle. If that is the case, why did Buster not sit down and work all this out before the  teams were made public.. If so Tungate to the Panthers maybe and Lynn have no back up for Lambo :unsure:

The mind boggles:blink:

To be honest if we don’t have NKI as back up to Robert I would be quite happy to see the following team at kings Lynn this year.

1 Robert Lambert

2 Lewis Kerr

3 Erik Riss

4 TJ

5 Ty Proctor

6 MPT

7 Kasper Andersen

i think this team adds up to 42.42 and while we probably wouldn’t win the league we would be very competitive especially at home. In my opinion every rider has the potential to up their average and I would be supporting a team of kings Lynn riders not riders who are here this year and gone the next. The 1-7 I’ve quoted would definitely ride as a TEAM and do the stars proud this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

To be honest if we don’t have NKI as back up to Robert I would be quite happy to see the following team at kings Lynn this year.

1 Robert Lambert

2 Lewis Kerr

3 Erik Riss

4 TJ

5 Ty Proctor

6 MPT

7 Kasper Andersen

i think this team adds up to 42.42 and while we probably wouldn’t win the league we would be very competitive especially at home. In my opinion every rider has the potential to up their average and I would be supporting a team of kings Lynn riders not riders who are here this year and gone the next. The 1-7 I’ve quoted would definitely ride as a TEAM and do the stars proud this season.

For me Clive, no back up for Lambert will hit us hard in 13 and 15. I don't think that team would make the play offs if i'm honest. I can't see them getting much away from home, where last season they scored the most points on the road. I see where you are coming from with the team thing though.. After a great last season I would rather a team built to win the league tbh. But that's just me. I would have concerns with Lewis as well. He has had some bad ones and is it one to many ? It's a body and mind thing, and he has a young family. Buster said after last season that he had enjoyed it and wanted to go one better in 2019. But that was before he bought 2 more clubs.

Maybe with Buster laying out for another 2 teams, it's hit Lynn a bit in the process. We will see :t:

28 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

For me Clive, no back up for Lambert will hit us hard in 13 and 15. I don't think that team would make the play offs if i'm honest. I can't see them getting much away from home, where last season they scored the most points on the road. I see where you are coming from with the team thing though.. After a great last season I would rather a team built to win the league tbh. But that's just me. I would have concerns with Lewis as well. He has had some bad ones and is it one to many ? It's a body and mind thing, and he has a young family. Buster said after last season that he had enjoyed it and wanted to go one better in 2019. But that was before he bought 2 more clubs.

Maybe with Buster laying out for another 2 teams, it's hit Lynn a bit in the process. We will see :t:

Totally agree with you regarding heats 13 and 15 but if we do get Niels our two reserves would be Andersen and more than likely Simon Lambert so that would leave us weak in heats 2 and 8. If we don’t get Niels Erik could do a decent job in heats 13/15 as he did on a few occasions last year when called upon. 

While I said what I hope the team is without Niels deep down I hope he’s back with us for next year and we can go one better and win the league outright next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

Totally agree with you regarding heats 13 and 15 but if we do get Niels our two reserves would be Andersen and more than likely Simon Lambert so that would leave us weak in heats 2 and 8. If we don’t get Niels Erik could do a decent job in heats 13/15 as he did on a few occasions last year when called upon. 

While I said what I hope the team is without Niels deep down I hope he’s back with us for next year and we can go one better and win the league outright next year.

I'm the same. Itching for the Stars to finally win it, while Erik is good around Lynn and no doubt still on the up,  away I think Lambo would be on his own in 13/15 so to speak.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Any team would be worried if they were possibly getting Tungate as a genuine heat leader. He has proven time and again he isn’t any better than a poor 3rd heat leader.

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail