British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

9 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If it is to believed and the Lynn side has already been assembled not announcing it must be one of the strangest decisions i have ever known in speedway very  Bizarre.

They've forgotten to do it. Surely somebody there must wake up soon

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

1. R.Lambert 8.90

2. M.Palm-Toft 5.36

3. E.Riss 6.08

4. T.Jorgensen 6.05

5. T.Proctor 6.67

6. L.Kerr 5.36

7. K.Andersen 4.00

Ave: 42.42

= Abysmal 

I really really hope that’s the team. We might not finish bottom after all :P

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I really really hope that’s the team. We might not finish bottom after all :P

weak imo and no back up for lambert in 13/15 :o

9 hours ago, Bluenose said:

So all the riders have been training together for several weeks, so they have presumably all been signed. What the hell is the big secret? What are the promoters trying to achieve?

7 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

So all the riders have been training together for several weeks, so they have presumably all been signed. What the hell is the big secret? What are the promoters trying to achieve?

Strange weird to be honest,Chapman has been the front of British speedway  what for  three years now???  i have seen no progress whatsoever.His communication skills are either poor or he does not grasp that supporters want to be filled in on any issue and quickly.Speedway has always had this reputation of a secret society a closed shop decision's being made and not being released.Look i am not knocking him for putting his money in but he can't sit behind that he has to be transparent on everything rules (etc).My best friend came down from Stoke on Trent and we were talking about the teams in the Prem King's Lynn was mentioned.I said they have not got a team yet he laughed he said how can you sell the club for a press day club start if you have not got a 1/7 in place.It is like going to new restaurant but not knowing what the prices and menu are ok look all the Lynn fans will know  there full team by February but that does seem a strange business decision.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Beyond strange and a clear indication of a man who believes he is above everyone else and will always do things his way. There being NO other way to do things ( in his mind ). Nero fiddled as Rome burnt - quite a few similarities there it seems. Six months later it will be "Use it or lose it" and fans being blamed for losing interest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's Robin's way of maximising media exposure.... which it does tbf.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Trees said:

Now you really will have to explain how it and the non announcement of the team maximises media exposure. :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Beyond strange and a clear indication of a man who believes he is above everyone else and will always do things his way. There being NO other way to do things ( in his mind ). Nero fiddled as Rome burnt - quite a few similarities there it seems. Six months later it will be "Use it or lose it" and fans being blamed for losing interest.

A very dangerous ploy to play waytogo28, in a way taking King's Lynn's loyal supporters for granted.Who can be sure who will turn up ? i know Swindon Robins fans who have been going as long as me yet they  miss certain meetings now unheard of ten years ago.Also it would be interesting to hear what Lynn fans say on Robert how many now go just to follow him.??? Lynn over the years have had there folk heroes Bettsy, Mike, Tiddler (ect) to follow how many did they put on the gate.My point is if Robert give the UK a miss in the future how would King's Lynn's gates be looking then.?

• Thanks 1

This discussion seems to pop up every winter, personally I’m not bothered when riders are announced as long as we know by March but I can see the logic of revealing riders names one by one across several weeks in order to keep speedway in the news and in the minds of those people who don’t use forums and think about the sport 24/7. Everyone on here knows the team anyway so it’s really for the benefit of others.  

FWIW on paper I think we are going to be battling for 4th with two or three others but last season showed how inaccurate predictions can be :D

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

any chance Scott Nicholls may turn up at Kings Lynn, I know he isn't the rider he was but well worth his current average, can't believe he hasn't got a ride in the premiership.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

any chance Scott Nicholls may turn up at Kings Lynn, I know he isn't the rider he was but well worth his current average, can't believe he hasn't got a ride in the premiership.

Can Kings Lynn afford him though or would they sign him and realise afterwards that he was too expensive just like Buster has done at Peterborough with Harris, alienating fans and Ged Rathbone who is rumoured to be washing his hands of Panthers and walking away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Trees said:

So he (they) is correct in the way of doing things and all others haven't a clue? Bit of a nonsense tbf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:32 PM, Clive Ward said:

If Tungate showed his Aussie Championships or National Speedway Stadium form at most other tracks in England he would be a steal on his average but unfortunately he doesn’t show that.

Both PUK and Tungate were inconsistent last year, agree Tungate seems to have found good form in Aussie, so maybe would be the better of the two at AFA this year. Hopefully would make us stronger away from home. Although seems more likely that he will be a Pussy Cat.