Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

On 1/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, Clive Ward said:

To be honest if we don’t have NKI as back up to Robert I would be quite happy to see the following team at kings Lynn this year.

1 Robert Lambert

2 Lewis Kerr

3 Erik Riss

4 TJ

5 Ty Proctor

6 MPT

7 Kasper Andersen

i think this team adds up to 42.42 and while we probably wouldn’t win the league we would be very competitive especially at home. In my opinion every rider has the potential to up their average and I would be supporting a team of kings Lynn riders not riders who are here this year and gone the next. The 1-7 I’ve quoted would definitely ride as a TEAM and do the stars proud this season.

Good shout statto.

3 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

So he (they) is correct in the way of doing things and all others haven't a clue? Bit of a nonsense tbf.

It's Robin's way of doing things, who's right or wrong? But 100% the media have regular speedway news throughout the close season... that's not a bad thing is it?  It's news for thousands basically... 

Well reading Dale Allitt's comments in this week's Star it would appear NKI is still very much an option.

18 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

So all the riders have been training together for several weeks, so they have presumably all been signed. What the hell is the big secret? What are the promoters trying to achieve?

Steady,   you will soon be accused of moaning...…:wink:       you know we aren't allowed to voice an adverse opinions....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Steady,   you will soon be accused of moaning...…:wink:       you know we aren't allowed to voice an adverse opinions....

Has anybody say you can't voice adverse opinions. The answer is no. Just because people don't agree with each others opinions that is up to the person themselves. I have not seen anyone say you can't voice your opinion. You seem to get a little upset when someone don't agree with you, then you come up with a comment like that. 

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Has anybody say you can't voice adverse opinions. The answer is no. Just because people don't agree with each others opinions that is up to the person themselves. I have not seen anyone say you can't voice your opinion. You seem to get a little upset when someone don't agree with you, then you come up with a comment like that. 

I think he feels his promoter does not listen and he will do exactly what he wants to.do.Yes he has every right to do that at Lynn and i respect that he puts his money in and that is his right.But overall  unless there is an improvement in gates ( etc) and thing's look brighter he has to go as the front of British speedway.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

he has to go as the front of British speedway.

He - Buster Chapman, has done nothing but compound the problems of UK speedway. With Godfrey alongside him, they back up each others poorly thought out plans and bulldoze on in a downward spiral for the sport. No-one else in the BSPA wants to take on the poisoned chalice of "leadership" because they know the end of the sport here, as we know it, is fast approaching.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

Yet again you are judging a comment that was said in jest.    You, probably more than most typifies a lot of  Stars posters on here where the comment is judged on who said it rather than what was said.    

My post never said  'anybody said anything'   purely your interpretation,  but as usual your adverse comments are directed to me... 

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

He - Buster Chapman, has done nothing but compound the problems of UK speedway. With Godfrey alongside him, they back up each others poorly thought out plans and bulldoze on in a downward spiral for the sport. No-one else in the BSPA wants to take on the poisoned chalice of "leadership" because they know the end of the sport here, as we know it, is fast approaching.

I lay far more of the blame for some of the awful stuff the last couple of years at hos door than Chapman.  Bossing others around to suit his own team, running practice events outside the rules at his track, Holdergate and more I expect.

Can’t believe there is no Witches v Stars and Stars v Witches fixtures on Good Friday that for me was the one thing I thought for certain would happen- missed opportunity I think 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Can’t believe there is no Witches v Stars and Stars v Witches fixtures on Good Friday that for me was the one thing I thought for certain would happen- missed opportunity I think 

•  

And there's no Stockcars at either venue good Friday, Poland have no fixtures that day either so that is pretty disappointing the local derby couldn't be revitalised 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

•  

Problem is we remember those big matches back in the day when we all all looked forward to those matches on the bank holiday.I guess they feel they won't get crowds like that on a bank holiday anymore.But it would be worth a go in my mind.

How do folks feel with Lynn riding most of their matches on a Monday?Only 3 on a Thursday the rest on the Monday.It doesn't bother me at all as i work shifts and i would miss the same number of matches whatever day it was on,apart from Saturday or Sunday of course.People probably won't like it merely because it's on a Monday,the way i'm going to look at it is that it makes my weekend longer:)

Edited by tellboy

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

How do folks feel with Lynn riding most of their matches on a Monday?Only 3 on a Thursday the rest on the Monday.It doesn't bother me at all as i work shifts and i would miss the same number of matches whatever day it was on,apart from Saturday or Sunday of course.People probably won't like it merely because it's on a Monday,the way i'm going to look at it is that it makes my weekend longer:)

It will be interesting to see if live speedway on BT on Mondays has any effect on the crowd numbers. Presuming there is a clash of course.

Are Monday and Thursday now the UK days for speedway or is Lynn avoiding Wednesday due to the clash with Denmark?

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

And there's no Stockcars at either venue good Friday, Poland have no fixtures that day either so that is pretty disappointing the local derby couldn't be revitalised 

There are 8 teams in action though in the Championship and as it isn't one of the PL's chosen race nights i assume the CL gets preference.I don't know.With what looks like 5 of our riders will be riding in the CL that day and 4 for Ipswich it seems like a good call to me.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

It will be interesting to see if live speedway on BT on Mondays has any effect on the crowd numbers. Presuming there is a clash of course.

Are Monday and Thursday now the UK days for speedway or is Lynn avoiding Wednesday due to the clash with Denmark?

Mondays and Thursdays are the chosen race nights for the PL.