British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

If you were there, you will never forget that moment.

From a personal point of view, that's why I took even more delight from Eastie stuffing Mildy in the Nl Play Off Final and KO Cup. That, for me was payback, god knows how many years later.

Crikey thats some time to hold a grudge!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Crikey thats some time to hold a grudge!

Yes, totally agree. The incident at King's Lynn still feels like yesterday - although recalling where I actually was on Friday, January 25, 2019 [yesterday] is a bit more problematical. :)

• Haha 2

So, when are King's Lynn going to announce their last 5 riders? Or are they going with a pairs team :)

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

So, when are King's Lynn going to announce their last 5 riders? Or are they going with a pairs team :)

Jan 31st (2019) seems favourite

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Jan 31st (2019) seems favourite

Looking forward to whenever it is, interested to see how they shape up

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

You have hit on Busters fiendish plan to cut costs. All teams  to consist of a pair:approve::P

Edited by Star Lady
Spelling

8 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Not yet apparently because it's a cunning stunt to maximise media exposure. If you want an explanation, please don't ask me!  :)  :wink:

It's definitely a cunning stunt designed so that by the time all the riders have been announced - no-one will give a monkeys. After all the fixtures have now been released and we know the team has been involved in intensive training, so it follows that it doesn't matter which riders we have. Just let them be clones of Robert Lambert. This media technique will stand alongside the Stars Anthem as a testament to How Not To Do Things if you intend to win the hearts of your supporters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously there will be a big (unexpected?) announcement at the Tatum/Pearson roadshow!!

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Obviously there will be a big (unexpected?) announcement at the Tatum/Pearson roadshow!!

Hopefully Buster's found a buyer for the club. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

Not yet apparently because it's a cunning stunt to maximise media exposure. If you want an explanation, please don't ask me!  :)  :wink:

Can you explain, please? ;)

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

When is this? Is that the thing on the 31st?

Thing is, North Norfolk's a real hotbed of top sports and so it's a very tough task to get the timing of any announcement right, such is the competition for media attention.

We have much the same problem in the Outer Hebrides. Try finding the right time for announcing the new line up for the Stornaway over 65's Curling team, it's a nightmare.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Can you explain, please? ;)

When is this? Is that the thing on the 31st?

I believe when Kasper was announced, Lynn said the next rider will be announced on Jan 31

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hopefully Buster's found a buyer for the club. 

There would be plenty of clubs who are unfortunately no more wished that possibly Buster was in a position to buy them so they were still running.Just to think 20 odd years ago that could have been Lynn going the same way.