British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

2 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Thing is, North Norfolk's a real hotbed of top sports and so it's a very tough task to get the timing of any announcement right, such is the competition for media attention.

We have much the same problem in the Outer Hebrides. Try finding the right time for announcing the new line up for the Stornaway over 65's Curling team, it's a nightmare.

Did you know we have the World snail racing championship here in Norfolk. With over 200 snails slugging it out.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did you know we have the World snail racing championship here in Norfolk. With over 200 snails slugging it out.

When are the names of the snails announced?  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

It takes a while. They drag it out a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

It takes a while. They drag it out a bit.

The two fastest will be announced as your reserves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Im surprised - I didnt think Buster was keen to shell out for his teams :)

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Im surprised - I didnt think Buster was keen to shell out for his teams :)

He didn't used to be, back in the day.. People still remember him for that, but it was years ago now. How slime flies.

I'll get me coat :)

• Like 1

I was told by delaying the team announcement  it creates added interest,      It my mind it does exactly the opposite,   fans get fed up waiting and lose interest altogether...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I was told by delaying the team announcement  it creates added interest,      It my mind it does exactly the opposite,   fans get fed up waiting and lose interest altogether...

Imagine talking to someone about the coming  season and someone asks you  who is in your team and you reply  i dont know yet.I cannot see any logic in it, i cant get my head around it.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 4

Also from a riders point of view it will have an effect on possible sponsorship which if I were a rider wouldnt be happy about....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Also from a riders point of view it will have an effect on possible sponsorship which if I were a rider wouldnt be happy about....

Excellent point!

24 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I would imagine the riders know exactly who is in the team - especially as 6 of them have been on the training regime - so the fact they have not yet been announced should have no bearing on individual sponsorship.

• Like 2

Of course they know.... but difficult to go to potential sponsors and say they will be riding for Kings Lynn when the company has no proof they are.

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Of course they know.... but difficult to go to potential sponsors and say they will be riding for Kings Lynn when the company has no proof they are.

Just produce a contract and get any new sponsor to contact Buster for confirmation.

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just produce a contract and get any new sponsor to contact Buster for confirmation.

Quite a lot of sponsorship today comes from social media. Without saying what team they ride for they miss out on local support.

• Like 3

The saddest thing is that it illustrates how set in his ways Buster really is. Like it or Lump it customer relations. 

• Like 3