British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

Seems the sport likes deadlines when it suits them but not for announcing teams.

17 hours ago, semion said:

North Norfolk ?  What’s happening up there Hamish ?

A lot must be going on there if poor old Kings Lynn speedway can't get their team news out

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did you know we have the World snail racing championship here in Norfolk. With over 200 snails slugging it out.

Is there one named Buster taking part? I wouldnae be putting any money on it winning.

• Like 2

Buster has cleverly built it up to a Huge Frenzy for this Thursday. Loads of fans will faint and swoon when they know the third Stars rider. Others to follow in February.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Imagine talking to someone about the coming  season and someone asks you  who is in your team and you reply  i dont know yet.I cannot see any logic in it, i cant get my head around it.

Sidney, whether or not you think it’s the best way of doing it surely you can see the logic in drip feeding the team through the winter months in order to keep speedway relevant in the media in the lead up to the beginning of the season? Surely it will keep King’s Lynn Stars on the back pages of the local papers and on radio and social media with actual news and therefore in people’s minds at a time when there is no racing going on? 

We all know the team anyway, it’s been sorted since well before Christmas. And I’m pretty sure they all have their sponsorship sorted seeing as they all ride for the club at some point last year. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Sidney, whether or not you think it’s the best way of doing it surely you can see the logic in drip feeding the team through the winter months in order to keep speedway relevant in the media in the lead up to the beginning of the season? Surely it will keep King’s Lynn Stars on the back pages of the local papers and on radio and social media with actual news and therefore in people’s minds at a time when there is no racing going on? 

We all know the team anyway, it’s been sorted since well before Christmas. And I’m pretty sure they all have their sponsorship sorted seeing as they all ride for the club at some point last year. 

Why not announce it then?  bizarre really,  there could be a percentage of fans thinking of maybe doing something  else or picking and choosing there meeting's.Or does the owner just presume or take for granted that fans will turn up.This episode is exactly how British speedway is being run secretive things being decided behind closed doors and no transparency.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Firstly,  can I say it doesn't bother me in the slightest, if , when or who,  makes the Lynn team this year,   but I find in quite amusing, the only people who are supporting the idea of late announcements are the Kings Lynn fans themselves.  I would have thought they would have been the ones who would be more concerned, not knowing their team.     Talk about being laid-back....:wink:

Reading the posts in this forum the majority of comments that are aghast of this behaviour are from other teams who know their squad already….  

I honestly cant see any positives in this way what's so ever.        If the fans have been ignored by the promoter all through the winter months,   why should they bother in turning up when it suit them....

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Buster has cleverly built it up to a Huge Frenzy for this Thursday. Loads of fans will faint and swoon when they know the third Stars rider. Others to follow in February.

More likely most fans will head straight to the pub!

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Why not announce it then?  bizarre really,  there could be a percentage of fans thinking of maybe doing something  else or picking and choosing there meeting's.Or does the owner just presume or take for granted that fans will turn up.This episode is exactly how British speedway is being run secretive things being decided behind closed doors and no transparency.

because nothing at all regarding the Swindon track/stadium has been secretive has it Sidney ....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

because nothing at all regarding the Swindon track/stadium has been secretive has it Sidney ....

That is a different story and out of all the supporters hands, but playing silly beggars and not naming a side before February seems rather strange especially if you know it.??

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

That is a different story and out of all the supporters hands, but playing silly beggars and not naming a side before February seems rather strange especially if you know it.??

so announcing the team is IN the supporters hands?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevehone said:

so announcing the team is IN the supporters hands?

Bringing up the Swindon situation is totally irrelevant, the strange thing is if the team is known why not announce it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Bringing up the Swindon situation is totally irrelevant, the strange thing is if the team is known why not announce it.

Bagpuss explained and you asked the same question to the answer!!

• Like 2

Just had a quick look to see how the fixtures work out with my shifts,wish i hadn't now;).I get to see one home fixture from the beginning of the season until June 3rd when we meet Wolves.At least that one match is when we meet the Witches.And i can get to see the 2 away meetings at Peterborough.But 3 matches in 2 months isn't very good for me.