British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

People (including me) thought that last year, as they did about Swindon the year before. I’m quite happy to be unfancied again, not saying this team will finish top but certainly be in the mix come September and riders will improve and be a side greater than the sum of its parts. 

I think this side is bottom two material without changes, but yes it might surprise and we shall see.If Puk comes back???? fitter refreshed and rearing to go then it might be different as  we all know what he is capable of.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

People (including me) thought that last year, as they did about Swindon the year before. I’m quite happy to be unfancied again, not saying this team will finish top but certainly be in the mix come September and riders will improve and be a side greater than the sum of its parts. 

I dare say changes will be made if it doesn’t cut it, Riss and MPT made the difference last year but then you also had Iversen as well.

I’m sure changes will be made if need be. Iversen may be an option but he was well below his normal standards last season and we coped well, the question is can one of the others step up to the number five position but other teams have those sorts of questions over them too. Don’t like to think about changes unless enforced, riders should be signed with the whole season in mind and being worked with to improve them and maximise what they can contribute. 

Has NKI announced he wont be riding in the UK? If not then id be surprised if he isnt in this Lynn team.

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Has NKI announced he wont be riding in the UK? If not then id be surprised if he isnt in this Lynn team.

There are a few on here that say he deffo isn't. Who really knows?

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

There are a few on here that say he deffo isn't. Who really knows?

PUK? :wink:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Anyone spotted Iversen at Stansted yet?

Yes.........

..... in departures :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm assuming as ty Proctor was with nige and kelv last night, he'll be with them tonight too perhaps :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes.........

..... in departures :P

I did see he said about catching up with someone called Mark laws yesterday so that would infer he was in this country then.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I did see he said about catching up with someone called Mark laws yesterday so that would infer he was in this country then.

He does live in this country. 

Anyway, it ain't Iversen 

This is soooooo exciting, I can hardly wait!! A true masterclass in the maximisation of media exposure.   :wink:

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

He does live in this country. 

Anyway, it ain't Iversen 

If h lives here permanently surely it makes sense to ride here.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What - like Tai Woffinden?

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Arguably not.

He didn't ride so well last season although still recovering from his injury maybe not helped and with a hectic schedule.

They guy has qualified now for a full 2019 Speedway GP and has commited to DK (has to anyway to allow him to continue to qualify for DK Champs which he needs to get into the SGP qulaifiers etc) also commited to SWE and POL.

Yes he lives in UK mainly I assume due to family here i.e partner/child ??. However look at things from his perspective. If you are riding 3 Leagues plus a full GP season is there really the need at his age to be tearing around Europe/UK for an additional min 24 meeting plus poss play offs and any Ind meetings in UK.  Geograpically it works well with Pol Sun - Swe Tue - DK Wed  (Think most riders probably drive/ferry POL to Swe and then use the bridges to now drive Swe to DK. He can then recoup for a couple of  days at home in UK before taking on the SGP meetings on Sat - No doubt will ride in DK Individ Champs as well to get to SGP Qualifiers where he will also ride them as backup if not making top 8 in SGP.

Don't think he was so happy with tracks at KL or places like Poole in 2018, so does he need the risk of possible injury which could prejudice his Continental and SGP commitments.

I would say NKI doesn't need that pressure any more and if you factor out costs for Bikes/Engines/Mechanics and all associated costs (even if Sponsors part involved) with the much lower money now available in UK does he need it ?? If it was say Hans Anderson he loves i,t but then he doesnt ride SGP for a long time plus is the twilight of his career so wants to max earnings around Europe.

• Like 1