British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think people are missing the point, if there is a benefit to this drip feeding news approach (and I’m not necessarily saying there is, but I’m keeping an open mind) then it’s not for the benefit of posters on here who think about speedway every day, but more those who stop thinking about it in October and start again in March and those who go occasionally or haven’t been yet. 

Also struggling to see why this team is so uninspiring and awful....all seven riders appeared in a team which comfortably finished top last year and although we’ve lost a heat leader it looks a competitive team in what is again a weaker league. 

Perhaps people wanted things freshening up with a few new faces and I can understand that.

Has there been regular EDP back pages / Radio Norfolk slots etc to keep this media hype going thru the winter?

Do you get these even when signings are announced?

Ipswich traditionally name all 7 and early (this year has had different issues) We then see at least weekly bits in The Ipswich Star and regular slots in sports news bulletins on Radio Suffolk even thru winter as well as dedicated sections on drivetime show

You dont need to have a signing to announce to have a media slot so long as you have the structure and relationship with the outlets

• Thanks 2

Off topic but.....

Anybody else getting the immodium ad on this thread?

"Fast acting relief for diahorrea" 

:rofl:

I guess it might depend on what the ongoing relationship between the club and the various media outlets is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Off topic but.....

Maybe it's to try and stop some of the verbal diahorrea on here

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Off topic but.....

I'm not but aren't they targeted at your personal search history and interests etc. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Has there been regular EDP back pages / Radio Norfolk slots etc to keep this media hype going thru the winter?

Do you get these even when signings are announced?

Ipswich traditionally name all 7 and early (this year has had different issues) We then see at least weekly bits in The Ipswich Star and regular slots in sports news bulletins on Radio Suffolk even thru winter as well as dedicated sections on drivetime show

You dont need to have a signing to announce to have a media slot so long as you have the structure and relationship with the outlets

Yes of course the signings are announced on all media outlets. Radio Norfolk even rang me up about them today 'blimmin heck'!! 

• Like 1

Has anybody heard when we will have the privilege of learning the name of the fourth member of our team?  Being drip fed news at this snails pace is not really holding my interest much.

23 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Has anybody heard when we will have the privilege of learning the name of the fourth member of our team?  Being drip fed news at this snails pace is not really holding my interest much.

31st February :wink: :rolleyes: :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That's about 1 a month :blink: No other team has Erik, TJ, MPT or Kerr, so I guess its them 4. Back up for Lambo is a must for me, but very unlikely, and Lewis is a big risk.:unsure:

Lynn and Ippo battling it out for the spoon, i'm thinking.

If that is Lynn's team I won't be to pleased. Buster becomes chairman and seems to neglect Lynn a bit. Then buys 2 more clubs an its looking like the Panthers have a great team, Lynn look like they are gonna suffer to save the Prem for 1 more season. After waiting over 50 years, and coming close you would think that Buster would do all he can to deliver the title to his beloved team Lynn....

We should know the team by May at this rate  ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Just go down to Jordan fitness in KingsLynn this weekend and see who turns up for training then you will know who is in the team  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Just go down to Jordan fitness in KingsLynn this weekend and see who turns up for training then you will know who is in the team  lol

See you there :P

35 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Being a hundred mile round trip for me, and my interest level being rather low, I'll give that one a miss thanks!

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Being a hundred mile round trip for me, and my interest level being rather low, I'll give that one a miss thanks!

It's 15 for me, but i'm not bothered either.

11 hours ago, Bunce said:

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

That's about 1 a month :blink: No other team has Erik, TJ, MPT or Kerr, so I guess its them 4. Back up for Lambo is a must for me, but very unlikely, and Lewis is a big risk.:unsure:

Lynn and Ippo battling it out for the spoon, i'm thinking.

If that is Lynn's team I won't be to pleased. Buster becomes chairman and seems to neglect Lynn a bit. Then buys 2 more clubs an its looking like the Panthers have a great team, Lynn look like they are gonna suffer to save the Prem for 1 more season. After waiting over 50 years, and coming close you would think that Buster would do all he can to deliver the title to his beloved team Lynn....

We should know the team by May at this rate  ;)

Seems there a few more posters like me who question the shambolic way the fans of Lynn are treated.    If, as it seems  the case that the team is assembled and training together,   what benefits are gained by keeping the fans in the dark..