British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Genuine question GRW, and I say this without agenda or taking sides particularly other than being interested in everyone’s viewpoint, why are you so keen to know information which in theory doesn’t really need to be confirmed for a few weeks yet and isn’t really a secret anyway as it can be worked out through the process of elimination? Why do you think we should know three months before the season starts rather than being drip fed to keep the club in the news?

Genuinely interested and not saying you are right or wrong or having a go. 

If the team can be worked out through the process of elimination the point of drip feeding fans for the local radio stations and papers is more or less pointless as the team is already known , so the excuse it’s for media exposure is pointless- for me the best way is do it in one hit get radio tv press along with those who sponsors the club and riders - and do a live stream via social media. 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

I very much doubt there is a next generation of speedway fans. I still go to meetings ,but most of them are boring. Speedway isn't what it was, no atmosphere ,no characters the the crowd love to hate. 

Unfortunately this is speedways " elephant in the room " that a lot of meetings these days are boring. And at the same time observers are scratching their heads why an army of kids are not flooding through the turnstiles . They normally blame society or there's more things to do or the internet, Its not rocket science to deduce that if adults are bored then the   kids will be too.

• Like 1

What do Kings Lynn as a club gain from keeping the names of Jorgensen, Kerr, Palm Toft and Riss from the fans?

What do the 4 riders gain from it? 

What do the fans gain from it?

:blink:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Pretty obvious really.

Four rider places left, four names not told to fans. Basically that's all fans want to know in the close season.

Don't say fans are told about fitness training cos be honest who the hell cares that they are training in a gym, unless you follow gymnastics.

just my opinion

But we are told on every media platform when signings are announced so surely it's wrong to say we are told nothing? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What do Kings Lynn as a club gain from keeping the names of Jorgensen, Kerr, Palm Toft and Riss from the fans?

Nothing

Nowt

Absolutely Nothing 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Haza said:

If the team can be worked out through the process of elimination the point of drip feeding fans for the local radio stations and papers is more or less pointless as the team is already known , so the excuse it’s for media exposure is pointless- for me the best way is do it in one hit get radio tv press along with those who sponsors the club and riders - and do a live stream via social media. 

We think we know the team but are we 100% correct? There's always the chance we are not.... 

4 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

More media exposure..

Just now, Trees said:

More media exposure..

So every other team is doing it wrong then.... :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Genuine question GRW, and I say this without agenda or taking sides particularly other than being interested in everyone’s viewpoint, why are you so keen to know information which in theory doesn’t really need to be confirmed for a few weeks yet and isn’t really a secret anyway as it can be worked out through the process of elimination? Why do you think we should know three months before the season starts rather than being drip fed to keep the club in the news?

Genuinely interested and not saying you are right or wrong or having a go. 

I actually think Chapman who is supposingly supposed to be the frontman of British speedway says absolute nothing .It is not a good sign does this bloke say anything???  does he not realise people want to hear what he says.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

Chapman speaks when he has something to say. Unlike a lot of people on hear who speak because they like to be heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mrss said:

Chapman speaks when he has something to say. Unlike a lot of people on hear who speak because they like to be heard.

His job is to be the front of British speedway and so far has done a pretty poor job.

• Like 1

It’s not a Chapman thing anyway. Buster used to tell the fans at a press conference style meeting every December. It may not have been a full team but it was certainly everything that had been inked. This drip feeding has started since robin brundle has joined. He’s got a lot right but the drip feeding and the stars “anthem” are 2 things that do annoy me. I think his intentions are good. With the uni link up and fitness regime thing as a moving forward of the sport in the uk. I also think buster cops a lot of harsh stick. But isn’t that always the way in any form of anything that holds a leader/chairman. I think the difference over the last ten years is social media and the view that every bodies oppinion matters. . . It doesn’t. We all have platforms now to talk crap when we don’t hold positions to do so. Like it or not. Buster is a doer. Not a talker. And they are the people who make things happen. Us drips on forums don’t. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Nothing

Nowt

Absolutely Nothing 

:rolleyes:

Whether you agree it’s the best way or not I’d have thought it’s pretty obvious that the club gains extra exposure from seven relevant press releases over a period of weeks rather than just one. I don’t suppose the riders are fussed either way while for the fans it’s mixed feelings as is usually the case with most issues. As I’ve said before I think the idea is designed to benefit people who don’t eat, sleep and breathe speedway like folk on here but attend regularly between March and October and don’t pay too much attention in the winter, this method would keep speedway in their minds a bit more than otherwise and perhaps build their interest gradually up to the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

So every other team is doing it wrong then.... :rofl:

Why does it have to be right or wrong? How about just different.

One thing I would say is that it might have been better to state when each announcement will be ie dates when the press releases will occur so it’s not quite so vague. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

It’s not a Chapman thing anyway. Buster used to tell the fans at a press conference style meeting every December. It may not have been a full team but it was certainly everything that had been inked. This drip feeding has started since robin brundle has joined. He’s got a lot right but the drip feeding and the stars “anthem” are 2 things that do annoy me. I think his intentions are good. With the uni link up and fitness regime thing as a moving forward of the sport in the uk. I also think buster cops a lot of harsh stick. But isn’t that always the way in any form of anything that holds a leader/chairman. I think the difference over the last ten years is social media and the view that every bodies oppinion matters. . . It doesn’t. We all have platforms now to talk crap when we don’t hold positions to do so. Like it or not. Buster is a doer. Not a talker. And they are the people who make things happen. Us drips on forums don’t. 

He has not made much happen in two years plus has he.!!!

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Whether you agree it’s the best way or not I’d have thought it’s pretty obvious that the club gains extra exposure from seven relevant press releases over a period of weeks rather than just one. I don’t suppose the riders are fussed either way while for the fans it’s mixed feelings as is usually the case with most issues. As I’ve said before I think the idea is designed to benefit people who don’t eat, sleep and breathe speedway like folk on here but attend regularly between March and October and don’t pay too much attention in the winter, this method would keep speedway in their minds a bit more than otherwise and perhaps build their interest gradually up to the start of the season. 

Why does it have to be right or wrong? How about just different.

One thing I would say is that it might have been better to state when each announcement will be ie dates when the press releases will occur so it’s not quite so vague. 

Seven separate press releases yes, I get that,  but there is no need to leave it this long. It just leads to the ridiculous PR about the team training for the season when they could only show one rider as only two had been named. 

Name two or three before Christmas then the others one a week after that. Once the team has been named that's the time to issue training PRs when all riders could be pictured surely.

At least that makes sense to me.

• Like 2