British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Do you think Andersen will be alongside S.Lambert?I don't.

Andersen will be alongside Kerr.

The worst reserve pairing in the league

38 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Andersen will be alongside Kerr.

The worst reserve pairing in the league

If MPT is in the side it’s looking like he will partner Andersen as Kerrs last GSA was 5.50 whilst MPT is 5.36

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

but if those "excellent replacements" are in the team this year, then they're poor .. not getting your logic, sorry

The logic being,  Riss was far better rider than Kerr and  MPT was way better than  Andersen.     Without those two replacements we would have struggled.    This year, it is expected all four riders will be in the same team.....

Looking at the announced teams in this Premier league,  All  of them have  4 capable heat leaders,  each have 3 decent top riders.   At Lynn we even struggle to name our 2nd heat leader.     Our team is made up with 1 top rider,  5 second strings, and a reserve.      For those not convinced  try making a comparison, man to man with Wolves side.  Apart from Robert we fall way short in every position...

We would struggle to win the second division...     You can look at it any way you like,  but this is  not good......

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The logic being,  Riss was far better rider than Kerr and  MPT was way better than  Andersen.     Without those two replacements we would have struggled.    This year, it is expected all four riders will be in the same team.....

Looking at the announced teams in this Premier league,  All  of them have  4 capable heat leaders,  each have 3 decent top riders.   At Lynn we even struggle to name our 2nd heat leader.     Our team is made up with 1 top rider,  5 second strings, and a reserve.      For those not convinced  try making a comparison, man to man with Wolves side.  Apart from Robert we fall way short in every position...

We would struggle to win the second division...     You can look at it any way you like,  but this is  not good......

MPT replaced Rose not Andersen. 

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

If MPT is in the side it’s looking like he will partner Andersen as Kerrs last GSA was 5.50 whilst MPT is 5.36

Kerr is also 5.36 with 2.5% reduction.

Then the choice will be who goes reserve, I think they'll put Kerr there to help him after his injury layoff. 

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

but if those "excellent replacements" are in the team this year, then they're poor .. not getting your logic, sorry

But those riders have to step up another notch this year a different scenario.If i knew that Puk  was back fit  and firing again i would of been more optimistic because there are riders that i like in the side.

3 hours ago, Speedball said:

I don't see a lot of improvement in this season's (anticipated) side and don't see us challenging at all, which is very disappointing after last season.

Robert would have to go great guns to put a big increase on his average again. Went from 7.38 to 9.13. Sure he'll be between 9.00 to 9.50 but he won't have a lot of support this year. Despite Niels having a poor season by his standards, they still chalked up several match winning 5-1's.

Ty put 1.17 on his average last season (5.50 to 6.67) and I can't see him doing that again, in fact would be surprised if he even matched his average with having to be 2nd heat leader. Thomas only added 0.12 (5.93 to 6.05). MPT's average actually dropped by 0.21 (5.57 to 5.36) despite some headline performances.

Lewis added 0.44 (5.06 to 5.50) and will do well at reserve, especially at home. Kasper was nowhere near his 4.00 average despite there obviously being some talent there as shown with some of his performances for Sheffield.

Erik came in on 6.10 and finished on 6.08. Became very good at the AFA but his away performances tailed off after a promising start.

I could maybe see increases for Robert, Thomas, Erik and maybe MPT but that would be about it and certainly not by a point or so, more like the odd 0.10/0.20. I see Lewis probably being in around the same but think he'll struggle in the main body of team away from home. Be surprised if Kasper reaches over 4.00 and think Ty's will fall if no one else steps up into the second heat leader role.

To me, the side looks like the cheap, easy option. Would love to be proved wrong but expecting a battle to avoid the wooden spoon. I actually like all the riders, I just don't like the balance of the team and think we'll really be lacking in heats 13 & 15. Might get away with it at home but see some right hammerings on the road.

At £18 a meeting. I'll be picking and choosing my matches from now on rather than being the die hard I once considered myself.

That’s the best  post I’ve read in ages just saying it as it is - and I agree 100% 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Kerr is also 5.36 with 2.5% reduction.

Then the choice will be who goes reserve, I think they'll put Kerr there to help him after his injury layoff. 

The calculation will be taken to further decimal places for team position if required

Not sure that the reduction counts for team position anyway but perhaps only for team building

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The calculation will be taken to further decimal places for team position if required

Not sure that the reduction counts for team position anyway but perhaps only for team building

I wonder if Scott Nichols is going to be a surprise addition? If he’s not already signed for another PL club .

28 minutes ago, Haza said:

I wonder if Scott Nichols is going to be a surprise addition? If he’s not already signed for another PL club .

He's available, but at this rate the team won't be known till Good Friday ....

37 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

He's available, but at this rate the team won't be known till Good Friday ....

They'll really struggle against Poole on 8th and 11th April then!!!!:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

I doubt it. None of the others that's thought to be in the Lynn like up are riding for any other PL club, so must be at Lynn. No room at the Inn. Scotty would of fitted for Ty.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt it. None of the others that's thought to be in the Lynn like up are riding for any other PL club, so must be at Lynn. No room at the Inn. Scotty would of fitted for Ty.

Would have thought he was a dead  cert for the Witches team . We shall see .

7 minutes ago, Haza said:

Would have thought he was a dead  cert for the Witches team . We shall see .

What as a number 8???:o

Just now, Skidder1 said:

What as a number 8???:o

When they was putting there team together possibly