British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 hour ago, Haza said:

I wonder if Scott Nichols is going to be a surprise addition? If he’s not already signed for another PL club .

No he will not - 100% guaranteed

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No he will not - 100% guaranteed

Seems strange Scott hasn't a place in the Premiership.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Seems strange Scott hasn't a place in the Premiership.

Not sure tbh. His average dropped from 7.48 in 2017, to 6.64 last year. To be fair, shouldn’t be expecting anything else really as the bloke is now in his 40’s!

Not convinced too many see Nicholls as a must have signing any longer at this stage of his career and with all due respect, the second tier is probably right for him now. 

I personally have no idea on his monetary demands, but there were one or two on the Ipswich thread a while ago saying that Ipswich couldn’t get near to a suitable offer for him, even the word “insulting” was thrown around. 

Maybe his demands are unrealistic to where his current standing in the sport are these days? Again I have absolutely no idea, just repeating speculation. 

Having said that, I’d think there’s a fair chance we’ll see him pop up somewhere during the season. 

Fourth rider to be announced on Friday. 

49 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

2720da0e9eff98f30998d02bcd21d7af.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

:party:can hardly wait :party:

Looks like the club are dammed if they don’t and dammed if they do, no surprise there either with some people.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Looks like the club are dammed if they don’t and dammed if they do, no surprise there either with some people.

You clearly don't see this that situation is totally of Kings Lynn's making...    We are now in the middle of February  and still waiting for the team to be announced.   I don't get this crap about more media exposure,   are they saying the Club has to announce a rider to get any exposure?    What a daft philosophy.   Any PR officer worth his salt,  could make a habit of producing a article every week purposely to keep the team in the news .     The announcement  of Ty Procter was lost in most media outlets,  over shadowed by the Tatum and Pearson show,   which was what most medias ran.   The  release of the news of Proctor signing would have had more  impact had it been released months back.  Now people are fed up waiting.....

But as usual the real fans are of little importance.      

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, g13webb said:

You clearly don't see this that situation is totally of Kings Lynn's making...    We are now in the middle of February  and still waiting for the team to be announced.   I don't get this crap about more media exposure,   are they saying the Club has to announce a rider to get any exposure?    What a daft philosophy.   Any PA officer worth his salt,  could make a habit of producing a article every week purposely to keep the team in the news .     The announcement  of Ty Procter was lost in most media outlets,  over shadowed by the Tatum and Pearson show,   which was what most medias ran.   The  release of the news of Proctor signing would have had more  impact had it been released months back.  Now people are fed up waiting.....

But as usual the real fans are of little importance.      

If anything doing it this way gives the club less exposure and it also makes the club look like a micky mouse outfit.My friend asked me last week why doesen't Chapman say more and  try and sell the sport not easy i know but speedway hardly gets a mention anywhere now.All i know is if the great John Berry had been a frontman of our sport the message of how good the sport can be would of been heard and loudly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If anything doing it this way gives the club less exposure and it also makes the club look like a micky mouse outfit.My friend asked me last week why doesen't Chapman say more and  try and sell the sport not easy i know but speedway hardly gets a mention anywhere now.All i know is if the great John Berry had been a frontman of our sport the message of how good the sport can be would of been heard and loudly.

You mean be more controversial? 

47 minutes ago, Trees said:

You mean be more controversial? 

More controversial ? couldn’t be much worse than the mess British Speedway in at present. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not sure tbh. His average dropped from 7.48 in 2017, to 6.64 last year. To be fair, shouldn’t be expecting anything else really as the bloke is now in his 40’s!

Not convinced too many see Nicholls as a must have signing any longer at this stage of his career and with all due respect, the second tier is probably right for him now. 

I personally have no idea on his monetary demands, but there were one or two on the Ipswich thread a while ago saying that Ipswich couldn’t get near to a suitable offer for him, even the word “insulting” was thrown around. 

Maybe his demands are unrealistic to where his current standing in the sport are these days? Again I have absolutely no idea, just repeating speculation. 

Having said that, I’d think there’s a fair chance we’ll see him pop up somewhere during the season. 

Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid.  I always read more into a rider than an average or age because there are so many factors to that.  If a team wants 100% commitment and a rider who engages with the public, is visible to armchair fans and is able to properly race & pass people then Scott fits those criteria.  Maybe it is financial but I struggle to see others like Harris for example riding for less money than Scott.  I agree with you that I expect he'll get fixed up somewhere during the season.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid.  I always read more into a rider than an average or age because there are so many factors to that.  If a team wants 100% commitment and a rider who engages with the public, is visible to armchair fans and is able to properly race & pass people then Scott fits those criteria.  Maybe it is financial but I struggle to see others like Harris for example riding for less money than Scott.  I agree with you that I expect he'll get fixed up somewhere during the season.

The finances I think was an early smokescreen to the discussion that has been found to be a red herring.....